8.3% of Thailand’s population receive first vaccine dose, 3.3% fully vaccinated

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket remains the province with highest vaccination rate, with 63.33% receiving the first dose and 40.73% having their second, while the percentages in Bangkok are 22.55% and 7.25% respectively

Think you can add 100% of the Generals and Hi So's to that list, see there are some big percentages in the vaccination numbers...

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

From the article you just cited:

"Two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech jab prevent 96 percent of hospitalisations due to the Delta variant, while the AstraZeneca vaccine prevents 92 percent, according to a study involving 14,000 people."

From the article I just cited:

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is 88 percent effective against symptomatic COVID-19 caused by the Delta variant two weeks after the second dose, while the jab is 93 percent effective for cases caused by the Alpha variant.

AstraZeneca shows the efficacy of 60 percent against cases caused by the Delta variant and 66 percent in the case of Alpha.

As I said, Pfizer down from ninety something to eighty something, AZ down to sixty something.

Next?

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is 88 percent effective against symptomatic COVID-19 caused by the Delta variant two weeks after the second dose, while the jab is 93 percent effective for cases caused by the Alpha variant.

AstraZeneca shows the efficacy of 60 percent against cases caused by the Delta variant and 66 percent in the case of Alpha.

As I said, Pfizer down from ninety something to eighty something, AZ down to sixty something.

Next?

Think i will stick with Pfizer

2 hours ago, club said:

Placeholder is a argument machine. Had to block it 

Seems that way.  Some of the stuff they've said doesn't make any sense or is simply pointless to bring up.

I guess one of these oddballs who gets their jollies annoying people online.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Because the vaccination program has stopped.. If someone is counting to 10 and is at 3, is being at 3 the only relevant fact?

This doesn't even make any sense.  The person you are replying to said it is more important to track the number of people who have had a second dose of vaccine, as there is not much protection from a single dose.  Perfectly reasonable comment.  Then you come out with this!

How does anything you've written there relate to the number of people who have had a second dose being the more important figure to track?

And even if what you said actually applied, obviously the number of vaccines that have been given, whether the vaccine program has stopped or is continuing, is an important figure that matters greatly.  How many have been done, how many are left, when the planned date of opening is, it all matters.

I'm not sure how you came up with the idea for the above.  It sounds like you just try to find something to disagree with and, as a result, make no sense.

So 18 months down the track 96.7% are unvaxxed.Of the 3.3 % that are it is suggested a few weeks after dosing for full protection which may be barely better than 50% for some shots.

Imagine renting cars where only 1 in 30 roadworthy or visiting a message parlour where only 1 in 30 of the assistants was safe ?

Edited by RubbaJohnny

20 minutes ago, club said:

That's great for people over 60.My friend got AZ the other day and was told by the nurse that AZ was only for people over the age of 60. He is 77 What's everyone else get Sinovac?

Officially that is what they say for international statements, but I do not think the case here. My doctor sort of mentioned this when I got he flu shot a month or so ago that here is a different story. I have even ready people over 30-ish is ok, but 60 seems to be the norm. And it would be Sinovac and Sinopharm now coming into contention.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

8.3% of the entire population of Thailand, or 5,526,039 people, have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, while only 2,153,018 have had their second doses, or 3.3% of the population,

And Thailand thinks the UK is going to change from amber to green?

50 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Next?

There are two different issues at play here being argued.

Placeholder is pointing out hospitalization rates, meaning how many become seriously ill once they catch it.

BangkokReady is pointing out infection rates, leading to one's ability to pass it on to others.

Both statistics are relevant, but different.

The Sinovac and AZ perform poorly with hospitalization rates and infection rates compared to Pfizer or Moderna.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

No it doesn't because Sinojunk is relatively below all standards and does not give assurance of protection after 2 or maybe even 3 jabs. Then you have AZ and its' short coming against Delta variant and now numbers are coming out of it about the Alpha variant. So this point towards putting that 3.3% in the dumpster of safety on some variants taking over.

Ok wiseguy, so what's the answer?

11 hours ago, mackayae said:

Since Moderna is coming in October, can you safely get that if you already had 2 doses of Sinovac?

I'm not sure even the scientific community knows the answer to that, but of course, this is the comments section which as everybody knows, is far more knowledgeable. So if you want my opinion, I'd say definitely. Angela Merkel took a Moderna shot after an initial AstraZaneca shot, and she is a qualified something or other, and I like her. But, YMMV!

Nice bounce-back yesterday to 227,639. New supplies trickling into the system.

Still, they lost at least a week from the previous performance (which was far below the stated goals of 50 MM (2X) by 1 Nov or 1 Jan, varies by "official"), which cannot be made up.

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

where does one find the daily production of AZ at SiamBiotech?

The same place you can find the daily production numbers for every other AZ factory around the world.

8 minutes ago, shdmn said:

The same place you can find the daily production numbers for every other AZ factory around the world.

But there is a bit more transparency, at least when it comes to deliveries to the government, in other countries.

AZ probably regrets some of their licensee/partnership choices, but it probably looked good when they made it? Ultimately I suspect it will end up ebing a twenty-year international legal slog like Hopewell.

AstraZeneca, which filed for the health ministry's approval of its COVID-19 vaccine in early February, is set to provide Japan with 120 million doses of the vaccine developed with the University of Oxford, enough for about 60 million people.

Of the 120 million doses, 30 million will be manufactured by Daiichi Sankyo and another pharmaceutical firm, KM Biologics Co., while JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. will produce solutions for 90 million doses.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/03/12/national/astrazeneca-vaccine-japan/

18 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Next?

It turns out you were right and I was wrong about your statment. My apologies.

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This doesn't even make any sense.  The person you are replying to said it is more important to track the number of people who have had a second dose of vaccine, as there is not much protection from a single dose.  Perfectly reasonable comment.  Then you come out with this!

How does anything you've written there relate to the number of people who have had a second dose being the more important figure to track?

And even if what you said actually applied, obviously the number of vaccines that have been given, whether the vaccine program has stopped or is continuing, is an important figure that matters greatly.  How many have been done, how many are left, when the planned date of opening is, it all matters.

I'm not sure how you came up with the idea for the above.  It sounds like you just try to find something to disagree with and, as a result, make no sense.

False. He said no such thing. Here is his comment again:

Please explain to me how claining only one figure is relevant assigns any importance at all to the number of single vaccinations. I await your explanation with interest.

"The only number that has any relevance is the 3.3 % of the entire population who are now fully Vaccinated."

Please explain to me how claiming only one figure is relevant assigns any importance at all to the number of single vaccinations. I await your explanation with interest.

Obviously this renders the rest of your critique untrue. Nowhere did I rank these figures by importance.

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

where is that? Other countries are not shy, you would think the Thais had something to hide.

eg Australia from www.CSL.com. All you have to do is divide one million by 7!

01 May 2021

Melbourne, Australia: CSL can confirm that production of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for Australia has reached more than a million doses a week - these volumes have been produced for a number of weeks and are due to be released into the community from mid-late May following required quality checks.

To date, more than 3.7 million COVID-19 vaccines have been released from CSL and Seqirus’ Australian manufacturing facilities. 

Edited by clivebaxter