Thailand must open to foreign tourism and accept some risk: PM

webfact

34 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

When I was in Bangkok and Pattaya, I never notice many, if any old folk at all, though I do see them regularly in my village up country.

I think you do have a point there. Bangkok's population is tilted towards working age people, who are here to make money. While their parents and children often remain in the villages. So yes, the demographics of Bangkok should be quite a bit different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:13 AM, JomtienRay said:

It seems to me that the Govt would have been much wiser to have encouraged their expat community to stay here from the begging of COVID, instead of ridiculing us and treating us as unwanted dirty farangs..

Removing the 90 day reporting, and stop changing the immigration rules every day in order to drive us out of the Kingdom and keep us out..

Many farangs left and will never return.

Now they are trying to encourage farang tourism.

I can't imagine foreigners lining up like expectant dogs, knocking down the barriers to get back in..

The saying "Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds You" comes to mind..

Thousands of our compatriots that were forced out will have moved to other countries, or returned home, would have happily stayed and continue spending their safe money here, and supporting local families..

Many will never return, and will advise their families and friends accordingly.. 

Why have they left? What immigration rules have changed? Have you read what's happening to visas in Vietnam?

They waited till the country is almost ruined before realizing they should open up.

South East Asian countries are the dealing with this pandemic in a ridicolous way, most of the world moved on while here they are terrified of taking any decision.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

Please explain the risk of fully vaccinated  Tourist versus Non Vaccinated  Thais ? 

I am confused ....

Exactly, they are acting like Thailand is Covid free.

Also explain me while they still categorize countries with low/high risk if everyone has to be vaccinated before coming.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:15 PM, CG1 Blue said:

So if we all agree new variants are going to keep on coming forever (variants which are likely to be more infectious but less harmful), at what point do we get back to doing the things that make life more fun, and at what point do we let the poverty stricken people start making a living again? 

The generation of variants of concern is actually random, a factor of copying errors. The number will be related to the prevalence of the infection, where it has a host to multiply in. Reduce that number and variants will be fewer....

Worldwide, daily new cases is falling..... but I fear Delta may turn that back upwards..... it is all rather worrying. 

• Like 1

Many who could afford the J+J"s Janssen one shot would be happy to pay $200+ and let the profits be used to vaccinate others. Sadly leaaders who have only ever fought to get snouts in the trough have little business acumen in the real world even the most accursit are just venal watchmen.

VAx everyone asap, illegal workers, foreigners the virus won't ask for a 90 day stamp or a work permit.Once all done tourists may feel confident to return.No ID NEEDED JUST GIVE PEOPLE A JAB .

For International travel the Chnese offerings will be no use meaning many are effectively trapped.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...