Thailand must open to foreign tourism and accept some risk: PM

webfact

Easy to say when you, your family and everyone surrounding you have already received two quality vaccinations.

Now I've destroyed the economy...

Only an absolute moron would come here on holiday. Test pos for covid off to hospital jail for you!?

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Says the fully vaccinated Government !

plus the fully vaxxed ThaiBev BeerChang employees and their families - enough stuff for a good farewell party

Edited by thurien

I don’t think many will come if at all, as most people are short of disposable income, or be worried about employment this along with having two weeks isolation upon returning to an individuals home country most probably at ones own cost. Maybe it’s time to place on hold all the military hardware purchases. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

"Thailand must open to foreign tourism and accept some risk: PM"

That's fine coming from someone who jumped the queue and has been vaccinated.

I wonder what the other 50+ million people think?

PM complete Nutter   needs to be kicked out !

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

He had the AZ vaccine not sinovac

Exactly, that’s what I referred to !

The Phase 3 studies are not finalized,

the final documentation has still to be delivered.

Otherwise they wouldn’t need a permission „for emergency use“

and would have already a full permission for marketing,

resulting in post-clinical Phase 4 surveillance !

• Like 1

Start stocking up on the wood for burning the body's his fine and his mates all been vaccinated and don't give a hoot for the others at risk. lets open up the country we need the money!!! saying that seems the French will be ok if its not another lie about the vaccines .I have feeling the hospitals do have vaccines but tell you they don't.  wish all in Phuket and Samui for the 15th good luck 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Exactly, that’s what I referred to !

The Phase 3 studies are not finalized,

the final documentation has still to be delivered.

Otherwise they wouldn’t need a permission „for emergency use“

and would have already a full permission for marketing,

resulting in post-clinical Phase 4 surveillance !

By the way:

that’s why some countries, eg. Germany, are still sticking to the declaration of a  national epidemic (instead of a huge decrease in case numbers)

- according to some national laws,

that would force them to stop immediately their vaccination activities,

because that would stop immediately their right to use vaccines  for emergency use.

7 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

The Chinese will probably come they won't mind wearing those GPS wristband trackers like prisoners they're used to it.
In fact why not put em in Shackles whilst ya at it.
Can't see many Farang digging it though.

Chinese government isn't allowing travel to Thailand.  Domestic travel tourism only.  Anutins gushing sickly obsession with China didn't pay off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kal I Sin its fun said:

I’d be happy to come as the whole c19 is one global hoax. To bring about control of the population.

AAAAAHH so youre one of the denial fools?? Wait till youve been in a Covid ward sunshine then spout your rubbish. Wait till youve seen one of your best friends who was as fit as a flea go from healthy to dead in 3 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

Last figures I could find: "In the first quarter of 2020, the tourism industry contributed around 12.91 percent to Thailand's GDP. In that same period, the total value of Thailand's GDP was around four trillion Thai baht." - https://www.statista.com/statistics/1143467/thailand-share-of-tourism-to-gdp/

Highest estimates I've ever seen show just below 20%, so even at its worst/best (depending on how you like tourists) more than 80% of GDP is NOT from tourism.

But the sector shouts loudest (and most shrilly).

Because it feeds a lot of people and families and the effect on loss of tourisme is bigger then they ever thought . If 80% of a cake is being eaten by 4 persons and the other 20% is feeding 1.000.000 people then they have to keep that 20% in tact because those 4 people won't share . If the 80% of that cake would have been hit as hard as the 20% , believe me then everybody would have been vaccinated in no time . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

before doing that the Czar should do a self analysis, full assessment of his poor non existing governing skills....

self-analysis = the application of psychoanalytic techniques and theories to an analysis of one's own personality and behavior, especially without the aid of a psychiatrist or other trained person.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

No Mr. PM,  what Thailand MUST DO NOW is start buying as much decent vaccine as possible - not Sinovac - and begin vaccinating ALL people in Thailand as quickly as possible.  Then the country can be opened.  Vaccines need to be the focus, not unneeded military equipment or fancy light posts.

and forget the 70% herd immunity BS

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Because it feeds a lot of people and families and the effect on loss of tourisme is bigger then they ever thought . If 80% of a cake is being eaten by 4 persons and the other 20% is feeding 1.000.000 people then they have to keep that 20% in tact because those 4 people won't share . If the 80% of that cake would have been hit as hard as the 20% , believe me then everybody would have been vaccinated in no time . 

So who are these million people? In the 'informal' sector not paying taxes etc?

Remember also that the 20 percent includes domestic as well as international tourism.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Phuket Sandbox is doomed with so many restrictions and high cost of Air Fares the Pandemic is raging in Thailand so infections are likly to increase but don't worry the project can be cancelled without notice leaving tourists stranded  What a good idea all about money for nothing it is time to learn there are no free rides anymore if you want money you must earn it 

5 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

So who are these million people? In the 'informal' sector not paying taxes etc?

Remember also that the 20 percent includes domestic as well as international tourism.

If you do not follow the Tourism news and who works in this sector or the types of people that would be in the millions then I feel sorry for you.  You also have all of the street vendors and such that are part of that 20% plus group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1