I want to whine about the West and "woke" generation

Pravda

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Pandering. Just pandering. Don't have time for it. 

It gets people to buy the newspapers, watch the TV shows, click on the online links.

All of the above is to generate revenue.

No other reason.

If you keep this in mind you will remain immune to it - even provides a few laughs.

Posted a picture of some of my old friends, fishermen on the Yukon river.

The flack I got for not saying 'fishers'

Told them all to Argo fokurselves

55 minutes ago, digibum said:

What I think you end up with is that once everyone’s skeletons are counted, people will be a lot more willing to accept that we’ve all done some horrible things and we should learn from that, strive to be better, and move on.    

Good point.

But, speaking as a Canadian by birth, the First Nations people have been given Everything for the last 50 years.

More More More has become their mantra.

People got to move on, not carry around all the BS from generation to generation, singing the old "Oh Woe is Me" song for something that happened 50 - 75 - 100 plus years ago.

The goes for people around the world, every color, every religion, everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

It may seem trivial; unless you are a football fan.

In a game if you shout 'man-on' to a colleague when a pkayer on the other team is coming close; it's a booking. Do it again and you are off. Yes; red-carded. Being trialled in the lower leagues this coming season. EPL next.

If you must warn your team-mate then 'person-on' or 'opponent-on' is OK.

How about hard on ?    can you be sent off for that ?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

How about hard on ?    can you be sent off for that ?  

Don't think that's a football term Rumak. I've never heard that shouted out at Old Trafford or Highbury.

Herd w----r, a few times though.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Don't think that's a football term Rumak. I've never heard that shouted out at Old Trafford or Highbury.

Herd w----r, a few times though.

oh,  i must be thinking of rugby.    notice the man peering in ?  I think he is supposed to

yell hard on !! if he sees something suspicious happening under there

image.jpeg.ffe0d8e4164896bf5b2006174a835960.jpeg

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, digibum said:

I know this sounds insensitive, but I think all you can do is say, “Hey, sorry about that.  We did some horrible things and we won’t do that anymore.   But ultimately, you lost.  We don’t owe you anything.”

Nothing else works works this way.  You don’t lose the championship and get to demand that the winner compensate you for lost merchandise sales and TV rights.  

You don’t lose a court case and the winner has to pay your legal fees.  

On one hand, I hope that the longer the human race survives the more we will move towards a world where there are no more wars or people oppressing each other.  

But on the other hand, what has happened has happened and people need to accept it and move on.  

What we did  would have been done  to us. Why should I feel better because we had better boats, better  longbows, better abities  to cooperate, work and fight together?  I never  hear any guilt  or breast beating about the Islamic  empire or the Roman Genocide of the Celts etc. The foundation  of 'woke' just seems a watered-down  version of Marxist Leninism. So it's very selective in its targets but ludicrously  middle class.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

These same people who pooh-pooh calls for reparations for slavery and WWII Japanese internment camps,

More unpopular opinions:

Reparations have been paid by way of: 1) citizenship, 2) full voting rights, 3) welfare/social services payments (African Americans are net tax negative). Again, there is NO redemption for this original sin of racism has no amount of payment will ever suffice for them.

Japanese internment camps were an unfortunate necessity of the war. We've already seen what happens when the West invites in large numbers of Muslims at a time when the West is at active war with Muslim countries, i.e. terrorist acts on civilians. In fact the King Soopers shooting in my home town of Boulder Colorado was committed by a Syrian (came as a baby in 2000) less than 30 days after the Biden admin bombed his home country.

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

And it's a self-perpetuating cycle.  Less male influence leads to female dominated professions, which leads to a culture of sexist double standards and hating men, which leads to even fewer male teachers.

A bitter pill to swallow for egalitarians is that in general men don't really understand or like working with women anyways so the more female a work place becomes the less male it will become.  This is already happening with universities and may have broken them for generations to comes.

The few jobs I had with women (especially managers) were terrible and made me want to quit the job. Who wants to work with nagging gossiping women anyways??? 

• Confused 2

On 6/26/2021 at 1:35 PM, Kinok Powell said:

Unfortunately we can not change history.Every country on earth has done terrible things in the past.The thing is to learn from those mistakes but not beat ourselves up about it.To be as nice as you possibility can to your fellow humans is all you can do.

i have a theory about the Woke Brigade.To start with,none of them know how to laugh and have fun.Most of them have gone through life being <deleted> at sports,dating,and generally having fun with all their mates.That is the reason they have crazy piercings and green hair,are fat and spotty.Just trying to stand out.They have never had a voice up to now but since Social Media they can be heard from their mums attic,where they spend all day on twitter trying to convince the real world that George Floyd was an innocent victim.

In Canada it all starts with that bell-end at the helm,Trudeau..

Twitter is the toilet wall of the  world filled with vacuous rambling and senseless comments. It's a glory hole into people's political perversity. It's very idea of a word  limit reflects its stupid  lack of discourse and accent on senseless, opinionated  comments and it's re tweeting function is just  gossip. Dreadful.

5 hours ago, digibum said:

I’m just saying that the argument is being framed as if the US won’t take them, they’ll have to go back to their country and face certain death.  

We're being browbeaten because we've taken it in the past. The USA takes in more "refugees" then any other country and is being objectively destroyed because of this.

You'd be safer in many Latin American cities than American cities, ironically in part because we've imported all their gang members!

4 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Does the USA need immigrants - yes

330 million people already. Seriously how many more Latin Americans do we need here? These are the most desperately poor people in the region, what possibly can be done with these people here? I'm seeing them fill up fast food chains and gas stations. Not a very good life for them and they're going to be resentful eventually.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Though I am not conservative, at all, I find the whole woke thing, and the overly PC thing, to be nauseating. Everyone seems to be able to find something to be offended about these days. 

Remember Don Rickles? He would likely be assassinated by a woke, today. Where has all the humor gone? Why are so many so thin skinned? Is it a societal self esteem issue? 

Pandering. Just pandering. Don't have time for it. 

Not  only  that but the heavy censorship which  now  dominates in many areas inc TV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 2009 said:

Sorry if I am at risk of sounding "woke" here (perish the thought), but those who cut female genitalia are no worse than those who cut male genitalia -- and before you point out the difference -- I don't give a damn which piece of skin it is or what the function of that piece of skin is.

If it ain't a medical procedure - leave it be!

Cosmetic and religious circumcision are all just as bad as each other.

I can go way  better than that and see  religion as one of the worst for its indoctrination of very  young children, it's  actually  nothing more than child  abuse when their religious  fantasies are forced onto children and labelled  as "culture" thus  guaranteeing the succession of their fanatasy.

Taken to the extreme Im blaming  ALL  Africans  as they are the ones who left Africa  4  million years  ago and again Im blaming Lucy a  woman, without them invading  the rest of the world none of this  would have   happened, where do I ask for my compensation?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Says an immigrant of Thailand?

I thought Colin is - like most foreigners in Thailand, on a short-term (i year), NON-immigrant visa, with no citizenship, no voting rights etc etc.  Hardly the same....

• Like 1