Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

36 minutes ago, watthong said:

If possible could you tell which group (x,y,z - HG healthcare group) that you registered with? And if you could elaborate the terms of possible refund/transfer etc. that would be very helpful, along with what kind of receipt you got hold of as proof of payment? Much appreciated. Here we (one Yank, one Thai) trying to navigate the local registration website(s) and still are not 100 percent sure we are paying what to whom... Thanks a million.

I'm not a good example to go by. I did not go through formal channels. A long term friend and physician at Vichaiyut hospital is helping a few patients sign up. So I really do not know the details.

I have read that some hospitals are saying their rolls are full. I suggest finding a list of all hospitals offering Moderna and spend thy day calling them all. Early worms do well in Thailand.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

What if you survive COVID and catch the black fungus that is doing the rounds of people recovered from the delta variant in India? You might have to have your eyes removed. 

Starting to sound like Day of the Triffids.

On 6/29/2021 at 9:11 AM, Ventenio said:

GREAT NEWS:   

If buy 2 shots and never get them, you get a certificate to Heaven.

money-back guarantee if you go somewhere else (see rules and small print)

I wouldn't pay 1 baht upfront for anything!!!! do dah, do dah

Then you'll never have anything in Thailand, that isn't already on the shelf.

You would have to pay a deposit anywhere else in the world, for goods ordered in.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:10 AM, mommysboy said:

But Thailand doesn't need Moderna vaccines - it will have more than enough vaccines over the next few months!  The vaccines Thailand uses are much easier to handle and one of them, the AZ, is known to be very effective anyway.

Very effective?? That's why the UK had mote than 26000 cases yesterday?

On 6/29/2021 at 9:22 AM, Golden Triangle said:

Just one more question, does anyone know if partners/wives or boyfriends/husbands, or in my case a Thai girlfriend can also be signed up & paid for ? If anyone gets any info can you post here please, thanks.

My wife's just had an Astra Zenaca jab from the government scheme, for free. It sounded like it was professionally handled, with 2 qualified doctors administering the jabs, a full pre-assessment, and informative advice on side effects / after care during the half hour post jab monitoring period.

I told her not to have it if she wasn't happy with the arrangements or the vaccine proposed, but all ok. Second jab appointment in 4 weeks time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Vaccines are not designed to prevent infections.... but symptoms. 

Deaths was 14 yesterday.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:44 PM, club said:

Its way better then AZ or the dreaded Sinovac.

Who says?

Would you really trust that Moderna / Fpizer will be kept and transported under the stringent conditions required???

Edited by Tofer
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Where did you get the idea that a vaccination will prevent you from catching covid?

The very best you can hope for is it prevents you requiring medical treatment or a visit to the morgue.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I read & listen as much as I can.

In my opinion, it all depends on who's publishing it and the key words that they use to sell it. Think about it for a moment, natural infection, infection by vaccination + annual boosters. 

A lot of this has to do with marketing in my opinion, however vaccinations do help in reducing what they say it does, whether it's the annual Influenza, Pneumonia and so on, no doubt there, as for how long immunity lasts, well, I don't believe anyone really knows on Covid-19 so far, time will tell.

So I see no reason for those who acquired Covid-19 naturally to get vaccinated when they have  had a natural infection because one says the vaccine gives them more antibodies. Did I mention that there was a Japanese study, suggesting that Sars 1 antibodies were still present in some of those previously infected 17 years ago ?.

One might also get re-infected again if they have had Covid-19, like the cold if immunity doesn't last, too early to know in my opinion.

In other words you will either get your annual booster jabs or you won't.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

SARS2 is mutating rapidly, so now there are cases of people previously infected who got sick again. Granted, that's more likely for people with weak immune systems.

Anyway, the mRNA vaccines will be updated as we go along. It remains to be seen at what interval boosters will be needed. It's a function of one's immune system and therefore the level of response to vaccination, but also the rate at which dangerous new mutations appear.

If we could get vaccination out to remote corners of this world and reduce hesitancy to hard core anti-vaxers, there could be a chance to slow the pace of breakout mutations to the level where track and trace and ring vaccination might work. This is a really tall order.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

What if you survive COVID and catch the black fungus that is doing the rounds of people recovered from the delta variant in India? You might have to have your eyes removed. 

This problem comes from use of steroids to suppress an autoimmune response to Covid, the cytokine storm. This article points out that various fungi can cause complications, not just in India:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-deadly-black-fungus-is-ravaging-covid-patients-in-india/

On 6/29/2021 at 8:18 PM, MrJ2U said:

Private hospitals won't work like that.  If you want Moderna you are going to have to pay up front.

People will be offering 10,000 baht by the time they get a hold of Moderna.

Hmmmm, and I wonder who they'll give the vaccine to, those having booked at 3,400 or those standing at the counter waving 10,000 under their noses.... TIT

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, rabas said:

I seriously doubt she had the AstraZenica vaccine if her next appointment is in 4 weeks. 4 weeks is the required wait for Sinovac. AstraZenica currently requires a minimum of 12 weeks between doses. You may want to check it out. She may have mixed up the names, my wife does often.

Quite right my friend. I just checked, and it's me that got the story wrong, her next jab is 22nd September. ????

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Hmmmm, and I wonder who they'll give the vaccine to, those having booked at 3,400 or those standing at the counter waving 10,000 under their noses.... TIT

Or will the ministers just confiscate them for national security once they find out that Astra zeneca is only a little over 10% affective with the Delta variant?  

Anything possible with this one armed bandit government.

• Like 1

Today I went to one private hospital to register and pay the 3400

I was told they will not participate as they don't want to get a bad name

They told me to keep the money because their is no garantie you will get the vaccine antyme soon and no refund because that money will go to the govenment

Hospital 2 in Hiua-hin

Will not participate until the vaccine is available but not at 3400 because we loose money 

On 6/29/2021 at 8:42 AM, Golden Triangle said:

That makes 2 of us, I'd be prepared to pay 50% up front, balance on receipt of 1st jab.

No hospital in Hua-Hin will participate

I am told not to pay to risky they cannot refund you because the money will be going to somebody no guarantee money or vaccine 

On 6/29/2021 at 8:51 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

No refund

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:45 AM, Susco said:

Only in Thailand, you have to pay upfront for a vaccine, which MAYBE you then will receive in the next 6 months.

I guess the main reason they lowered the price is because they didn't collect enough advance payments, for something the may never be delivered, and is not refundable.

Don't they have any shame? ( No need to answer that question)

In Hua-Hin no hospital are willing to parcipate waisted my day 

5 hours ago, placnx said:

hard core anti-vaxers

With social media platforms today, that is a huge platform for the anti-vaxers.

I get stuff from friends everyday and I pick them apart, even the lip movements and the voice overs and tell them about it, but they won't listen, also lots of cherry picking going on in clips to make it work how they want it too, that said, you will be seeing a lot of people not getting vaxed, and this Covid will be around for a while, that's my take on it.

For me, October couldn't be coming any sooner, hoping that Moderna arrives on time.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What a weird tangent?

Not sure what is wrong with you, but Moderna won't help.

I was responding directly to someone who questioned that very thing. You might go ask him, a Monsieur Sneer I believe.

12 hours ago, UWEB said:

UK is also 50% Pfizer, so by that rationale.......

Yeah well- it can't protect people that haven't been vaccinated, can it mate?

UK has 80% on first dose and 60% on second dose.

Here's the REAL WORLD FACTS.  But I rather think those three words will probably have you scurrying for your internet bunker:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9745949/Public-Health-England-AstraZeneca-COVID-shot-94-protective-against-death-65s.html

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

I think I finally booked myself for Moderna on Kasemrad site after more than 4 hours in a phone queue. but ....

Could NOT work out how to pay. Very unclear.  'Manage booking/payment' not clear what to do. . Any ideas about how I pay for this?? There did not seem to be a credit card or any other pay in format on the site.

Tried to contact the hospital but no answer

On 6/29/2021 at 4:32 PM, jacko45k said:

Memorial, Pattaya?

No, BPK group Bangkok. 2400 paid a week before their official announcement setting it at a thousand or so higher - they aren't doing it for our sakes.