U-turn! Plans for five day July holiday are OFF as Thai government DON'T want you to travel after all

webfact

23 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that the government is urging those in the state and private sector to give refunds for travel and hotel packages that would need to be cancelled. They asked for cooperation.

not a chance in hell this will happen

hotels know nothing happens if they don't give refunds

32 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True, but like with Songkran in 2020, they could cancel the Public Holiday and make everyone go to work.

Wish I could say more but not allowed, you now there is no way they would ever cancel that special day.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The sandbox tourists are the ones taking the risk. Far more dangerous for them to be exposed to the Thais, than for the Thais to be exposed to fully vaccinated folks, who have had the good fortune of having access to the best vaccines. In addition by the time they arrive, they will be tested at least twice. 

So, who is taking the risk? The 1,000 sandbox tourists a month are. 

It was a sarcastic post I made.  We know they are safer than the folks on the ground here. The potential for them to become infected from a worker here is much greater than the other way around and those in service here should be tested if not as many times as the tourists but more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So why not cancel the Holidays on 26 and 28 July then? Just cancelling the extra middle day on 27 July will not make much difference.

People are less likely to travel if it is only 1 day versus 3 days. They will just stay at home.

Bangkok post today reported there is a possibility of a fourth wave caused by the Indian variant if things are not controlled.

Another video warning about this.

Edited by EricTh

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

At least the Thai government has learned its lesson. The Songkran festival was the cause of the third wave, do you want a fourth wave?

"At least the Thai government has learned its lesson."   What?? You think so?? Military "brains" don't learn any lessons apart from on the battlefield, barracks and parade grounds, and this lot of clowns, are no exception. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can't cancel the buddhist holiday or the leader of the countries birthday now can you.

Can't or wouldn't dare to? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, EricTh said:

People are less likely to travel if it is only 1 day versus 3 days. They will just stay at home.

Bangkok post today reported there is a possibility of a fourth wave caused by the Indian variant if things are not controlled.

Another video warning about this.

It's 2 days. Monday 26 and Wednesday 28.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's 2 days. Monday 26 and Wednesday 28.

yes you are right. There is still a holiday from 24 to 26 (sat to monday)

But cutting it short to 3 days instead of 5 days long holiday mean less people will go back to their hometown or go for long holiday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

And in case of a Positive PCR test, hospital , etc,etc, at your own cost

this acctually makes sense to me, but first, how do they want me to fly to thailand if

they make it so hard?

here for example is the answer i got from my embassy today, after downloading paid hotel and fligh ticket, and insurance. only now they tell me i need to get some kind of SHABA certificate....so now i am going to cancell all i paid for, becuase it will not be ready for sunday:

Royal Thai Embassy, has rejected your registration/application.

Due to 1. You must select your hotel under "SHA" category. 2. You must upload a SHABA reservation certificate from the hotel in the designated section. Please consult the hotel to obtain the certificate.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was a sarcastic post I made.  We know they are safer than the folks on the ground here. The potential for them to become infected from a worker here is much greater than the other way around and those in service here should be tested if not as many times as the tourists but more.

Some people on TV have no sense of humor or simply don't get it.....

15 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

this acctually makes sense to me, but first, how do they want me to fly to thailand if

they make it so hard?

here for example is the answer i got from my embassy today, after downloading paid hotel and fligh ticket, and insurance. only now they tell me i need to get some kind of SHABA certificate....so now i am going to cancell all i paid for, becuase it will not be ready for sunday:

Royal Thai Embassy, has rejected your registration/application.

Due to 1. You must select your hotel under "SHA" category. 2. You must upload a SHABA reservation certificate from the hotel in the designated section. Please consult the hotel to obtain the certificate.

I honestly don't expect too many tourists coming under these circumstances.. 

6 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

The addicts who even buy lady drinks online? The hard core of the quality tourists? Yes the entertainment industry is closed. But there is still a lot of entertainment that can be found at least if you look for it. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

The addicts who even buy lady drinks online? The hard core of the quality tourists? Yes the entertainment industry is closed. But there is still a lot of entertainment that can be found at least if you look for it. 

I may agree about things still to be found, I live here.....

5535.jpg.8d03521a8e5229ad7a981ce42ec37b15.jpg

A34CCE9C-BCDD-4A5F-8546-F4B2951E5560.jpeg.0454ab8a17d6ae2f3c009bde19570133.jpeg

M779D99SoGacMTZqbekL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, TheFishman1 said:

How many U-turns does this government make first they said they’re going to open up vaccine places to walk and it’s in Chiang Mai then the next day they did a U-turn and said no they were afraid they wouldn’t be able to control all the people amazing Thailand TIT

I went to get vaccinated at a location I would have never even known about had my neighbor not told me they went two days ago. Get there and the official says, I'm not from the province so I need to go back to where I came from. I state, I moved here from Phuket, and now I stay here. The official states, then you need to move your work permit here as well. I said, I'm in the process of doing just that, but that will certainly take time. The official states come back when it's been done or go back to Phuket to get the vaccine...

They already wanted a copy of the house book and copy of the owners ID, and yet their last hold up was the work permit matching the address I'm at now...?

They are beginning a long road to get to 70% immunity at this rate. So much paper work just to get a vaccination. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

True, if I wasn't here already I would bother to come either. Support the locals they state. 

Yeah the locals are ready to grab a premium off every person that shows up in the country.

People say they need to the help. Don't we all need some help during these times?

This situation effected us all the same, did it not?

Yet the Thai's think they should charge on average 20% to make up for the loss time.

Before the situation, they claimed non stop they didn't need tourism, go back where we came from the liked to state.

• Like 1

The Thai people are desperate for a real vaccine. Their government made a choice based on economy, and not the health and welfare of their people. Very typical of these cheapskates, and penny pinchers. Millions are rejecting the Sinojunk, and exercising proud civil disobedience, by saying NO to junk vaccines, and junk authorities. 

Now, I just heard that the clinics and hospitals in Chaiyaphum province, are filled to capacity with Covid infected people. Had the hapless ones (Prayuth and Anutin) not warned that construction sites would be closed, days before, and had people checking and testing the workers before allowing them to leave, none of this would happen. It appears likely we are not only not seeing the curve flattened, but we may be on the verge of a 4th wave. Call it the "Pratin 19" wave. Direct responsibility once again falls on those tiny, feeble shoulders.

It was ok to allow thousands of construction workers to fan out across the nation, but we are not supposed to travel now?

A once vibrant domestic and international tourism industry has been utterly sabotaged by the extreme malfeasance and neglect of this sorry administration.

Woe are the Thai people. Out with the toxic and dangerous dinosaurs. In with the youth. Change is desperately needed. Hopefully the people will no longer stand for incompetence. Not during an emergency. Not now. 

You completely blew the vaccination program!

You blew the response to Covid!

You blew the response to the outbreak in Samut back in December, which led to the 2nd wave!

What have you gotten right? It now appears the lack of cases during the 1st wave was dumb luck. 

So many questions, and so few answers.
1. Why five months away?
2. Why not Pfizer in the interim?
3. Why can't the private sector import the vaccines directly? Why does the stunningly incompetent government and health ministry need to be involved?
4. Why was there seemingly no planning, when it comes to the vaccination program?
5. Is this really the best they can do?
6. Why has Anutin not been replaced? His political connections aside, Thailand really needs competent leadership at this emergency juncture.
7. Is the government here (and possibly worldwide) totally bought and paid for, by Big Pharma?
8. Do the people of Thailand finally see how they have been misled, mishandled, bamboozled, forsaken, and abused by the hapless army, and the goons in charge? If they could not see it before, it is so obvious now. 

99.9% of the Thais I talk to are so far beyond fed up. And if the 3-5% who drank the kool-aid still believed, after this latest covid debacle, Prayuth, Anutin and the gang have been truly unmasked to a humiliating and inglorious degree.

Edited by spidermike007