Devastating news

swissie

Great! According to the WHO, in Europe (as a whole) the incident-rates are on the rise again. Thanks to the reckless uncontrolled "re-opening" madness.

At least we know now: It's not the meek nor the capitalists that will inherit the world. It's the global brotherhood of Idiots that will.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But we have vaccines...  You can't shut down forever.

The speed of administered vaccinations can appearantly not keep up with the speed that "re-opening" fanatics display.

• Like 1

Some might say the Euro 2020 football tourney is a superspreader event. St Petersburg tomorrow where cases have shot up recently and three 60,000 crowds in 6 days in London at Wembley Stadium. 

More haste, less speed?

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

that's pandemic, new waves every few months, for some few years.

what is important is not infection cases, but serious illness and deaths it's causing.

I suppose we are still away from "devastating", as MERS and SARS can be described.

There are some 15 different vax available already now and some promising medications 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But we have vaccines...  You can't shut down forever.

Really? Most of the world does not. Can you easily access vaccine in Thailand?

And with the vaccines that are available how many are shown effective against  new more infectious variants? Thailand has been using China sourced vaccine which is not as effective as new MRNA vaccines are. Now I see that  Oxford vaccine will need to be 3X dosed for 50+ year olds to give adequate protection.

Yes, some have access to vaccines, but as long as countries will allow high risk people to enter and mix with others, we will face catastrophic lockdowns. Look at Australia now, all because some people did not follow  procedures and taxi driver refused to wear mask and was not vaccinated.

No I do not  argue for shutdown, but until vaccine is in people, no need to be stupid and to make new explosion of infections. Go slow.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Really? Most of the world does not. Can you easily access vaccine in Thailand?

And with the vaccines that are available how many are shown effective against  new more infectious variants? Thailand has been using China sourced vaccine which is not as effective as new MRNA vaccines are. Now I see that  Oxford vaccine will need to be 3X dosed for 50+ year olds to give adequate protection.

Yes, some have access to vaccines, but as long as countries will allow high risk people to enter and mix with others, we will face catastrophic lockdowns. Look at Australia now, all because some people did not follow  procedures and taxi driver refused to wear mask and was not vaccinated.

No I do not  argue for shutdown, but until vaccine is in people, no need to be stupid and to make new explosion of infections. Go slow.

The UK will be an interesting case.  The plan to "fully open" looks politically unstoppable yet cases are rising. The vaccine rollout has been successful but there are still some sounding caution.

3 hours ago, connda said:

I'm so afraid.  Shut everything down until we have zero covid.  It's the only way to save the planet.

Tuu, I thought we discussed you'd keep off thaivisa whilst running government? Did the site name change confuse you?