Thai Private Hospital Association reduce price of Moderna vaccine

webfact

2 hours ago, Clydesdale said:

...."reducing" from an already excessive overcharge

Hospitals are showing themselves to be interested only in charging close to the maximum possible with no commitment on their part.

Already the October timeline is being translated into into end October 2021 to March 2022. Who would want to pay up in advance for this kind of deal without any chance of refund if the hospital fails to deliver as "promised" ?

I know all about frugality, coming from Aberdeen. I take it, with your username, your are from Scotland too. It is possible for us to change our spots. 

Just say 'no' if you don't want it. When I read the terms and conditions, it stated I would get a refund. Do you think you can register and then change your mind? Rather selfish if you do. 

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I have had my AZ as have several of my expats friends.

We have also been provided with dates for the second shot in twelve weeks time.

your point ? you didn't really elaborate on why you are special 

are you trying to say that there is no problem with farangs getting vaccinated in Thailand especially if they do not want any Chinese junk

Just to broadcast "look at me I got vaccinated" is not very helpful is it

• Thanks 1

This is all B/S went to every hospital in Pattaya 2 days ago, their reply, you not Thai, not get injection, no options there, its all <deleted>, accept for French, they sent vaccines, started injected them on Saturday

The UK, US, German, Italian, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand .................every western government should be vaccinating us expats here in Thailand.

The same as the French and Chinese governments have done.

Most of us still pay tax back in our "home" countries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marco100 said:

Honestly I do not care what the price for the Moderna Vaccine is ! Just please provide us with it instead of loosing time on 400 bhat .

When will the Moderna Vaccine be available in Private Hospitals???

What useful purpose does the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation have in all of this?  Push them aside.  Let the hospitals order what they think they can use.  Now.

There is no problem with ordering all their other stock for their pharmacies.  They order and pay for the items they think they can sell.  Normal commerce.  They do not need governmental 'help.'

• Like 2

7 hours ago, greeneking said:

What useful purpose does the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation have in all of this?  Push them aside.  Let the hospitals order what they think they can use.  Now.

There is no problem with ordering all their other stock for their pharmacies.  They order and pay for the items they think they can sell.  Normal commerce.  They do not need governmental 'help.'

Good post, fully agree.

We're told many reasons why the paid-private vaccine solution is "challenging". We're told that vaccine manufacturers, or their agents, will only sell to the "government", and that they want a single point of contact. We're told that both the producers/agents, and hospitals need indemnifcation (from the government) for "emergency use" treatments.

The government could waive these requirements, and allow hospitals and consortia of hospitals to order, pay for and administer 'alternative vaccines. Just as they do for any medicines.

This was done for CRA and Sinopharm in a few hours. AMAZING. Sinopharm is a paid vaccine, 888 baht per dose.

The regime does not want a private-paid solution, Sinopharm is 'special', because it makes them look incompetent, and it does have a look of class privilege (as if there is no visible evidence of that everywhere here).

Thais want a paid-private vaccine, that is evident by the near instantaneous uptake on the Moderna program on Friday.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2021 at 12:25 AM, scorecard said:

Was there any mention of availability/inoculation dates?

not yet, we will have to travel to Bangkok to get them though, september was mentioned but not confirmed. We are confirmed getting them as family members of a doctor that works in the hospital, once I have set dates I will post them

12 hours ago, greeneking said:

Unfortunately  the US vaccines  are only authorized for emergency use at this point  and manufacturers cannot advertise for sale or sell to Hospitals around the world , only Gov.  When full US  FDA authorization is given ( hopefully in a few months ) then the manufacturers can advertise, list and sell to any hospital or medical facility in the USA or world. Untill then they can only be ordered by a Government which it seems Thailand  has  not done. 

Full FDA approval of Pfizer’s and Moderna’s COVID-19 shots would reinvigorate the U.S. vaccination push — but it could still be months away

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/full-fda-approval-of-pfizer-s-and-moderna-s-covid-19-shots-would-reinvigorate-the-u-s-vaccination-push-but-it-could-still-be-months-away/ar-AALyw6w

20 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Good for you, and your friends. Youll be fully vaccinated in another ~ 8+ weeks, assuming there are second doses being distributed then. The government may choose to vaccinate more people with one shot, and let the second shot wait.

Primary registration site for foreigners is intervac; been down for what, three weeks.

Yes, some foreigners got through intervac early, mor prom, pink card, socsec, work.

Haven't heard of any others getting appointments recently. Specifially older, nonworking foreigners. I have heard of employees getting appointments, Sinipharm and Sinovac mostly.

Yes the process is discriminatory depending on what papers you carry not what your age and health status are. 

I hope all those farangs who have been vaccinated realise this and that they have been part of the discrimination. Selfish people. I'm all right jack <deleted> the others. 

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, as long as you didn't prevent some older at-risk Thai from getting their vaccination. 

Or an older at risk non-Thai from getting theirs. 

Virus does not discriminate, people do. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I know all about frugality, coming from Aberdeen. I take it, with your username, your are from Scotland too. It is possible for us to change our spots. 

Just say 'no' if you don't want it. When I read the terms and conditions, it stated I would get a refund. Do you think you can register and then change your mind? Rather selfish if you do. 

If he's dead does that count as "changing mind." 

18 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The UK, US, German, Italian, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand .................every western government should be vaccinating us expats here in Thailand.

The same as the French and Chinese governments have done.

Most of us still pay tax back in our "home" countries.

No, the UK, US, German, Italian, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand .................every western government have vaccinated all Thai citizens present in those countries. 

Is it to much to ask for some non racist, non discriminatory reciprocation. 

On 7/5/2021 at 10:15 AM, seajae said:

not yet, we will have to travel to Bangkok to get them though, september was mentioned but not confirmed. We are confirmed getting them as family members of a doctor that works in the hospital, once I have set dates I will post them

well this has changed, wife is still good for her shot but it appears that farangs no longer count as family members now so I am no longer in the queue for the vaccine

Edited by seajae
  • Sad 1

On 7/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, Neeranam said:

Correct: "no" is the easy answer. No question of changing mind.