Welcome to ASEAN! How Rooster stumbled into Thailand via the neighbors!

rooster59

35 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

One thing please Administrators. This new ASEAN NOW theme. Have you changed the fonts in the forums and responses??? It now seems light grey not black and makes it difficult to read even on a tablet let alone a telephone and outside even more difficult. Thanks??

If you read the threads it has been pointed out numerous times the IT techs will sort the font issue tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

If you read the threads it has been pointed out numerous times the IT techs will sort the font issue tomorrow.

In committee, no doubt, Thai-style! Point A) I believe the change of name came due to English-language, competition, a faithful copy, TiT. Point B) Very, very few English speakers will recognise ASEAN where are Thailand is already a brand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unblocktheplanet said:

In committee, no doubt, Thai-style! Point A) I believe the change of name came due to English-language, competition, a faithful copy, TiT. Point B) Very, very few English speakers will recognise ASEAN where are Thailand is already a brand.

A truly bizarre reply to my post.

My introduction to "Life" was a "Man" Magazine at about 9 years of age. That should give you a clue to my age. As for ASEAN, how important is it to get through to 'our' kids the importance of mastering the English language if there is to be any hope of this Beautiful Country of Thailand arising out of her Third World status. Good Luck, and Take Care in this Crazy World we are now faced with.

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
4 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

One thing please Administrators. This new ASEAN NOW theme. Have you changed the fonts in the forums and responses??? It now seems light grey not black and makes it difficult to read even on a tablet let alone a telephone and outside even more difficult. Thanks??

I think his problem is he cant read the threads because of the font.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“or heaven forbid, even Welsh.”

Sir, I really must protest in the strongest possible terms at the reference to the Welsh. In defense of that fine nation, I would just like to say…erm, er, um, er…I’ll get back to you on that one.

My sources amongst the medicated here, inform that as you sit on the ‘High Somtam Table’ you will have to report yourself to yourself for such egregious behaviour. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rumak said:

Rooster..... an interesting start so many moons ago.    Of course i can relate,  and maybe a few other old timers still living here,  doomed to watch the slow descent of the Thaitanic into waters deeper

than we ever imagined.

Life was an adventure ,  hippies on trains and border runs and truly disneyland with slender dark skinned playmates.   The Siren  lured us newbies to "heights" previously not reached.  We were the hansum ones !

But time waits for no one..... and 20 or 30 years later we can look at the many different paths that those pioneers took.   Some,  married with kids (maybe twice ) ..... living in a Condo.

How much of that pioneer spirit remains?   Even with the hair receding or gone ,  is there still any hippie remaining in ones spirit ?

No condo for Rumak.   But no long motorcycle rides on dirt roads either...sadly.   Mostly just keepin on keepin on.................

Nice post, kinder to Rooster. Respect! 

8 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Nice post, kinder to Rooster. Respect! 

I try to be "fair"    LOL     When he complains or calls names ,  I complain .

When the story is interesting, i give credit where credit is due

i have stated before,  writing a column ( or sermon sometimes) ...... is definitely not an easy task.

And every week !     I respect that

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Does still smoking pot count?

I never quite picture you as a hippie   haha  ( those emojis not working ?  tech ? )

Would be interesting to see a real life photo of the motley crew inhabiting thaivisa  asean n n n now.

hard for my stut t t ter to s s s say.

so a real life photo to see all the warriors.......... then zap....... erased from our memories .

like wow,   tripping man !

15 hours ago, rumak said:

I never quite picture you as a hippie

I had shoulder length hair, a stinky Afgan coat, embroidered Indian t-shirt, beaded headband, and loons.

I think those all count ............. and I used to hang out in Virgin records listening to music while sitting on bean bags.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

pot-bellied, Singha singlet and grubby shorts wearing trigger happy guy with an Uzi. 

like the Pepsi advert........................................a thoroughly enjoyable read

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, billythehat said:

“or heaven forbid, even Welsh.”

Sir, I really must protest in the strongest possible terms at the reference to the Welsh. In defense of that fine nation, I would just like to say…erm, er, um, er…I’ll get back to you on that one.

My sources amongst the medicated here, inform that as you sit on the ‘High Somtam Table’ you will have to report yourself to yourself for such egregious behaviour. 

BTW, when is rugby coming home exactly?

About the Asean Now logo.

I really, really, really don't like it in the context of community forums.

That circle thing looks totally CORPORATE. Like for a bank. Sterile. Boring. Warm and fuzzy? More like cold as ice.  Less than meh. The durian was much, much better. 

To be clear the TEXT part is OK. It's those circles. Gives me the creeps. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I had shoulder length hair, a stinky Afgan coat, embroidered Indian t-shirt, beaded headband, and loons.

I think those all count ............. and I used to hang out in Virgin records listening to music while sitting on bean bags.

I retract my appraisal .    Welcome Brother !    

I would post a photo of my locks back in the day............. but ........ nahhh

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

About the Asean Now logo.

I really, really, really don't like it in the context of community forums.

That circle thing looks totally CORPORATE. Like for a bank. Sterile. Boring. Warm and fuzzy? More like cold as ice.  Less than meh. The durian was much, much better. 

To be clear the TEXT part is OK. It's those circles. Gives me the creeps. 

Such angst about a circle. The Olympic rings must terrify you! ????