Thailand reports 6,519 new COVID-19 cases, 54 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

We had fairly predictable  weekly spikes in lab processing results until recently.

what we had a couple of days ago was a sharp drop in lab results followed the next day by a big spike in lab results. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to see what happened.

A glitch for one day is not statistically significant. 

• Like 2

I expect you to tell me how you know what they are doing how they are doing it and how much of it they are doing.You made the claim they weren't processing all the tests in one day so I'm asking how do you know?Are you guessing? If so say you are guessing instead of stating it as a fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

So you DO agree with my statement that relying on only hospital numbers is not sufficiently broad a metric, because other factors also come into play?

your always betting on black and being completely right…..until red comes up theory, is just too simplistic.

I am happy to agree that hospital admissions are an indicator. I am not blind to what you are saying. They USED to be a pretty good indicator amongst a bunch of others. But hospital admissions decreased in value substantially as an indicator once hospitals filled up and new beds were created out of nothing.

An earlier post indicated that a field hospital added 1,500 new beds, which creates an opportunity for another 1,500 cases to be recorded.

35 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Of, you mean in the period in early May when new cases were flat or declining? 

I am so sorry for pointing that out at the time. 

edit: this graphic comes from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Screenshot_20210707_093819.jpg

Thank you for posting that graph which shows a rising trend of cases in may.

thanks also for pointing that out now, even if you failed to acknowledge it at the time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

We had fairly predictable  weekly spikes in lab processing results until recently.

what we had a couple of days ago was a sharp drop in lab results followed the next day by a big spike in lab results. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to see what happened.

Also, Sherlock Holmes would expect to see on the following day a big jump over the number previous to that sharp decline. In other words if day one is the day before the sharp drop, and day 2 is the day of the sharp drop, then day 3 should rise over day one by roughly the shortfall of day 2. Did that happen?

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Thank you for posting that graph which shows a rising trend of cases in may.

thanks also for pointing that out now, even if you failed to acknowledge it at the time.

My posts were made in early May, when cases were flat or declining.

Just now, placeholder said:

Also, Sherlock Holmes would expect to see on the following day a big jump over the number previous to that sharp decline. In other words if day one is the day before the sharp drop, and day 2 is the day of the sharp drop, then day 3 should rise over day one by roughly the shortfall of day 2. Did that happen?

Don’t you realize, he has a direct line to all the labs in the country so he knows exactly what’s going on in each one of them, every single day.

from that information it’s easy to predict what is happening with the virus. Interestingly, on the whole it suggests rising cases. Who would have thought?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Ahh, so the deflection starts. Ignore what I posted because it made a valid point, start talking about something else.

THATS the danderman we know and love 5555

Geez, I gave your post a “like”, do you really need me to reply with the words “I agree”?

i agree.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean like this?

DE18731C-D8BE-4CCC-ABFC-84B446B9A3E0.png

17 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

There were indeed flat or declining days. If you took off your blinkers and looked properly at the graph, or took off your ear muffs and listened, you would see that those days are within and overall rising trend line.

cases don’t have to go up everyday to be in a rising trend. You didn’t get it then, you obviously don’t get it now, even though cases have more than doubled.

Actually, after April 28, there were 2 flat or declining weeks, followed by a week with a small increase.

i am terribly sorry that there are people here who don’t like the numbers after April 28, or cannot remember them, but the numbers are the numbers. You can say they were wrong, but that is a different argument.

Here’s a chart from

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/friday-covid-update-another-record-high-61-deaths-and-6087-new-cases

8C85D820-4A2A-402D-909F-1226C2E1F622.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

for gods sake do the right thing and stop feeding the troll

Yep, good advice.

Actually bit embarrassed that I got sucked in and reacted with posting.

Waste of time and space. (not referring to the posts) 

It only needs one of the international travellers to break the rules and the #PhuketSandbox could then collapse like a house of cards. So much trust that these people are not forging their vaccine documents or sneaking away from their SHA+ approved hotels #Thailand

Quote Tweet

Phuket Sandbox drama: Tourist flees hotel to find Thai wife https://aseannow.com/topic/1223096-phuket-sandbox-drama-tourist-flees-hotel-to-find-thai-wife…

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1412615397359030277

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

As with this government, I would guess there would be no refund from the original hotels and a further payment would be required for the ALQ hotel(s)

Surely that wouldn't be the case? 

I hope not as would be such a kick in the guts.

It's even possible that some may have pre arranged meet up with family or partner. They are not all tourists.

Only a guess (based on nothing) my thinking many would be expats.

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That was only a matter of time, although much quicker than expected given the low numbers that have entered via the sandbox model so far. There goes his vacation and that of the group he was with! Not a good promotional event for TAT

I wonder how many other people he has been in contact with since arriving in Thailand 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But we've seen drops like that before with no following big jump. 

Okay. There is a problem with your suggested methodology, which is:

Day 1: low numbers

Day 2: spike

Day 3: even higher numbers.

under this scenario, you stated that the day 1 numbers would be an artifact of low lab processing.

The problem is that the Day 3 in our case is today, but there cannot be higher numbers because the official  numbers are limited by capacity.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Sad 1

Just now, Phuketshrew said:

Quick question: Are Thai's flying into the Phuket Sandbox subject to the same strict rules as foreigners?

different rules for anyone travelling to Phuket from inside Thailand - no vaccine required but must show a neg covid test in the last 7 days

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

I wonder how many other people he has been in contact with since arriving in Thailand 

How many of the hotel staff that were only vaccinated with one jab were in contact, and better yet which variant was he discovered with.  Waiting for the update saying it was a false positive.  I also wonder what vaccines this person was vaccinated with.  My bad if it was listed somewhere and I did not see it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

different rules for anyone travelling to Phuket from inside Thailand - no vaccine required but must show a neg covid test in the last 7 days

No, I'm referring to Thai's returning form international destinations on the same flights as the "tourists".

• Haha 1