Thailand reports record high of 75 Covid-19 deaths, 7,058 new cases

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I said that the day only 5383 cases were announced was probably an artifact because of a backlog in lab processing, and the next day would be much higher.

Was i wrong?

5875B841-1F7D-4E71-9DC0-0F7010512996.png

Then i was not awake my mistake. I thought you implied that cases were low and would get lower. Must not have been clear yes you were right though i like to be sure that what your saying is the truth. Anyway its not going well.

31 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Glad I hoofed it to Phuket months ago...de minimus cases here.

As far as you know, and so far to date.

I wouldn’t crow too loudly just yet, but I can see that it’s still a lot better than being in bangkok or pattaya.

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Why is he not in Quarantine in a field hospital?

He is special and not like the other world leaders who were infected or possibly infected.  In essence "He is the Man" and can do what he pleases...look at the shape of the country because of his "It will be what it will be" statement.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Nakhon Ratchasima locks down entire village after Covid-positive woman hosts party to celebrate being freed from prison

Nakhon Ratchasima province on Wednesday prohibited all travel to and from Ban Pong Khok village in Serngsang district’s Nonsomboon subdistrict until July 20 after the district chief reported that three persons in a family tested positive for Covid-19, leading to fears of a new cluster with 36 people from 22 households being classified as high risk.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002979

Idiot people.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

These are low numbers and do not reflect post Songkran numbers. What you have posted was pretty much the situation for much of the early part of this year. Numbers started rising during and after Songkran. Source: Worldometer

Screenshot (242).png

My point was that there were already hundreds of cases in Isaan prior to Songkran.

Despite the reports of a million+ Bangkok residents going to Isaan over Songkran, the results were only a small number of new infections in Isaan during the next month. Even in May, there were small numbers of cases in Isaan.

The big surge in Isaan came much later, especially with the Delta variant.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would be worried that the numbers and cases are not being reported as they should be in Phuket, and this is in light of the ministers who flew back from Phuket being on a flight with another person who was returning from Phuket and was found to be positive for the virus.

Isn't it more likely that they brought the virus with them rather than caught it in Phuket?

• Like 1

by way of comparison. Singapore has used Pfizer and Moderna and now has excess vaccine available for its citizens. Unfortunately I can’t get there for mine without undergoing quarantine on the way in, and way back.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccine-protection-against-infection-delta-variant-15172308

5 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Isn't it more likely that they brought the virus with them rather than caught it in Phuket?

It could be either, but most likely both.

if they brought it in, then it’s here and able to be caught in Phuket by the next person. There’s no segregation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I don't want it, nobody wants it, but short of a serious lockdown, I do not see how these numbers are going to do anything other than continue to rise.

What’s going to stop/slow this way, way down is a robust vaccine program period. If people aren’t vaccinated (with a real vaccine) then the minute you reopen it will flame up again. The only thing that slowed this in the US was the vaccines and strict mask wearing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I hope these people are successful in getting tested today, its a sad refection that those who are suffering or have a high risk of contracting the virus have to spend all night camping out to a center that does just 900 tests a day.

Hundreds of people wait in line nightly for COVID-19 testing at Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat in Bangkok. Some people started waiting at 7pm last night. Testing starts at 8.00am and the limit is 900 people per day

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412931951451942912

Another truly sad photo to add to the collection.

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1412967415743336450

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

The possibilities are endless, but yes your view could also be correct.  However, that means that the virus was then spread in Phuket and .....well you do the math.

• Like 1