Thailand reports record high of 75 Covid-19 deaths, 7,058 new cases

webfact

1 minute ago, farangman said:

I would be asking why the hell are prison authorities are releasing Covid 19 positive people back into the community???

Obviously they are only testing a select few prisoners and then releasing them to spread to the whole community!

Welcome to the new normal of population control, brought to you by the Thai Government.

17 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

And with all the talk of opening the country in 100 days, Phuket opening, Samui opening, has government messaging really prepared people for that? I think not. The country is in a fight against a formidable foe, and they are gas lighting about an inconsequential number of tourists.

They are giving hope to Thais in other provinces that rely on tourist income that tourists are about to flock back in numbers when we couldn't be further from that happening.

Irresponsible at best, criminally negligent at worst. 

The phrase, 'hoisted by their own petards' comes to mind here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The number of people in ICU and on VENTILATORS:

28 June: 1,806/510

29 June: 1,846/527

30 June: 1,911/556

1 July: 1,971/566

2 July: 2,002/579

3 July: 2,045/589

4 July: 2,147/616

5 July: 2,199/603

6 July: 2,350/643

7 July: 2,496/676

8 July: 2,564/698 <— Today

#Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413008859728252929

I bet that none of the icu beds in the new suvarnabhumi hospital, look anything like this.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 8, 2021) About 4.72 percent of the population is fully vaccinated. 8,494,230 (+248,933) people have received the first dose, while 3,125,388 (+42,642) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1413013501287620611

The weekend dips are pathetic.  What explains them?  People just want to relax even though the country is in the midst of an almost existential crisis?

• Like 2

Government spokesman says CCSA will meet tomorrow morning to consider increased COVID regulations for certain areas...but said he wouldn't call the proposals to be considered a "lockdown."

The spokesman said the new measures likely would affect the Bangkok metropolitan area provinces in particular, and may include further restrictions on inter-provincial travel closure of some venues, and reduced operating hours for businesses and public transportation.

"This trend is quite alarming that we have over 6,000, 7,000 new cases per day," said government spokesman Natapanu Nopakun.

Nopakun said Thursday's results showed that all 77 provinces in Thailand had new COVID cases. That had only rarely if ever occurred in the past, with even recent days of rising cases often having at least 3 or 4 provinces with no cases.

"More than 1,300 cases outside the Bangkok metropolitan area also have originated from those traveling back from the capital to their home towns. So this continues to be the trend," Nopakun said.

"With this, we apologize for any of the inconveniences the general public and society have to face. But these disease control measures are necessary. They may cause a lot of inconveniences. They may cause a lot of strain.... But it is important and it is necessary," Nopakun said.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

About 4.72 percent of the population is fully vaccinated. 8,494,230 (+248,933) people have received the first dose, while 3,125,388 (+42,642) have been fully inoculated. At this rate, Thailand needs to administer 536,463 doses per day within 178 days to reach the herd immunity target by the year's end."

Actually, it's going to go up daily from 536,463 per day every day they fall behind, they'll stop publishing when the graph projections get silly steep

45 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 22: 269,459

DAY 23: 255,734

DAY 24: 254,992

DAY 25: 299,485

DAY 26: 345,109

DAY 27: 98,605 <— Saturday

DAY 28: 106,851 <— Sunday

DAY 29: 280,642

DAY 30: 269,653

DAY 31: 291,575

TOTAL: 7,519,097 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413005759198109699

Those daily figures for the first 3 weeks are quite reasonable and compare well with countries of similar size.

The challenge is to double the daily figure before the end of the month to 500k per day and get to 700k per day in August.

Not impossible... Malaysia is almost punching 400k per day this week when last week it's figures were in the mid 200k's

14 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

Those daily figures for the first 3 weeks are quite reasonable and compare well with countries of similar size.

The challenge is to double the daily figure before the end of the month to 500k per day and get to 700k per day in August.

Not impossible... Malaysia is almost punching 400k per day this week when last week it's figures were in the mid 200k's

I think the infrastructure to deliver a high number of jabs is there. I mean, they did a good number the first couple of days.

the two issues as I see them are:

1. No vaccines to give

2. If they had enough vaccines, maintaining a high level of commitment for an extended period of time.

so in a sense, it is impossible just because of 1. above.

I’d argue 2. above also makes it impossible but that is just an opinion. However, 1. is a certainty.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

After watching all of this unfold I now have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the authorities were lying, covering up or being extremely deceitful during the first wave last year.

100 % correct! Why need use mask and make many restriction if have zero covid case! They annouce nice new thing called "new normal"! Every other country has undo restrictions right away when can , Thailand make "new normal" even they claim they had zero covid!

16 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think the infrastructure to deliver a high number of jabs is there. I mean, they did a good number the first couple of days.

the two issues as I see them are:

1. No vaccines to give

2. If they had enough vaccines, maintaining a high level of commitment for an extended period of time.

so in a sense, it is impossible just because of 1. above.

I’d argue 2. above also makes it impossible but that is just an opinion. However, 1. is a certainty.

The Chinese production capacity is massive. Sure we'd all prefer a western vaccine but as a circuit breaker you take what you can get.

AZ production is trending upwards as well.

• Like 1