Thailand reports record high of 75 Covid-19 deaths, 7,058 new cases

webfact

14 minutes ago, GeorgeEboy said:

What’s going to stop/slow this way, way down is a robust vaccine program period. If people aren’t vaccinated (with a real vaccine) then the minute you reopen it will flame up again. The only thing that slowed this in the US was the vaccines and strict mask wearing.

You are probably right and in which case, the next 6 months will be tough, very tough.

a robust vaccine program is not what is currently in place and a lot of the vaccines that have been administered need to be revisited with a Pfizer or Moderna booster shot because sinovac gives less than ideal protection against delta.

so if the vaccinations to date count as two steps forward, there is now one step back.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Dear Mr Prayut, 

It is time for you to resign. You have not returned happiness to the people, you have taken it away.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29550/dear-mr-prayut-it-is-time-for-you-to-resign/

I know there is disagreeance on this forum but I would really like to hear from any who disagrees with this. A definite must read.

Edited by dinsdale

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I hope these people are successful in getting tested today, its a sad refection that those who are suffering or have a high risk of contracting the virus have to spend all night camping out to a center that does just 900 tests a day.

Hundreds of people wait in line nightly for COVID-19 testing at Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat in Bangkok. Some people started waiting at 7pm last night. Testing starts at 8.00am and the limit is 900 people per day

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412931951451942912

A very sad and worrying situation.

Its criminal that this should happen in the 21 st richest Country in the World

• Like 2

The rate of  Vaccination on the Second shots is still languishing down at about 2.3 Million, while the First Dose Shots are moving up fairly steadily.

If we  are waiting to see if the second shot number is low because of the time between 1st and 2nd shots, then its nearly time to see the second shot numbers rocket upwards.

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

So can we say that the poo hit the patlom yet?

The feces has been stepped in and spread widely would be the right analogy in my book.  Can not shake it off and it just follows this government around all day and night.  Has to get tiring after awhile for them and their high and mighty attitude and view.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

The rate of  Vaccination on the Second shots is still languishing down at about 2.3 Million, while the First Dose Shots are moving up fairly steadily.

If we  are waiting to see if the second shot number is low because of the time between 1st and 2nd shots, then its nearly time to see the second shot numbers rocket upwards.

Those would be for the Sinovac vaccine and not the AZ vaccine unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I said that the day only 5383 cases were announced was probably an artifact because of a backlog in lab processing, and the next day would be much higher.

Was i wrong?

5875B841-1F7D-4E71-9DC0-0F7010512996.png

It's possible to be right for the wrong reasons. If we look at the chart there are plenty of sharp dips followed by rises that don't compensate for the differences. You can't draw valid conclusions from a one-off any more than winning a lottery justifies whatever method you used to select a number. This is elementary statistics.

• Like 2

They're probably going to run out of oxygen soon and who gets oxygen will depend on the colour of your skin.  

At this rate, it will be 10k per day by Monday.

Golly should I go for a holiday there?  Haven't been dropped on my head enough yet.  Still trying

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand’s COVID pandemic set new records for the second straight day on Thursday, surpassing 7,000 new cases (7,058) in the day for the first time, and setting a new record for daily deaths at 75.

The news came just a day after government officials warned Thailand’s daily count of new COVID cases could reach 10,000 in the coming days as the infections spread more widely throughout the country and the highly contagious Delta variant of the virus becomes more prevalent.

Thursday’s grim results blew past Thailand’s prior records for daily new COVID cases and new deaths. The prior record for new cases had been set just the day before at 6,519, while the prior high for daily deaths had been 61 set on July 2.

The 7,058 new cases reported Thursday – a record high 6,990 in the general population plus 68 reported among prisoners – means Thailand’s daily tally of new COVID cases has doubled from levels in the 3,000s from just two weeks ago.

The 7,058 new cases reported Thursday also far outstripped the nation's 4,978 new recoveries among COVID patients. That means the nation's number of COVID hospitalized patients also will set a new record when updated later today.

As of Wednesday, Thailand had a record 67,614 COVID positive cases in various kinds of hospital facilities, including a record 2,496 in critical condition, and 676 of those requiring ventilators to breathe.

And now we are really in big trouble.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I know there is disagreeance on this forum but I would really like to hear from any who disagrees with this. A definite must read.

I do. Now before you scream, hear me out.

Government is not one person. It's a group of them, with 100s of advisors. Removing one person is not going to all of a sudden change direction of the country.

The other part is that Thailand has gone seriously down the drain from anything between not very clever to outright id!otic decisions made in the recent months (and to a point, years). This means that salvaging the situation now by anyone will not be an easy task. In fact, he or she might not be able to do pretty much anything to turn the tide.

You also don't know what financial situation Thailand is in. My guess is: not very good one. A job of politician is not only on health but also economy. Hence whoever replaced him might be stuck in the same sticky situation current government is in.

Imagine yourself being assigned to get Thai Airways back into profitability. Yes, you can't just say what's obvious - that the past mistakes made this mission impossible - and do what's possible. But certainly this is not going to be an easy, rather probably impossible task.

Hence in summary - the time to hand the wheel has long passed and should not only cover one person. Whoever takes over now will find it hard to show any progress for a long time. In the meantime, things are only going to get worse, no matter who is in charge.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Glad I hoofed it to Phuket months ago...de minimus cases here.

It will be interesting to see how critical care bed occupancy and mortality is doing a few weeks from now. The govt said 70% of Phuket residents have been inoculated. I don't know if it's possible to determine how many with the Sinovac vaccine vs. the AZ vaccine. In Serrana Brazil there was a sharp drop after 75% of all adults were vaccinated. That was a different variant from Delta, though.

5 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Thailand is obviously on the brink of a full blown crisis which is being permitted to unfold rapidly. Gone are the attempts to deny a major problem at the same moment refusal to re-introduce any practical actions to mitigate seemingly in defense of proceeding with token demonstrations of economic recovery !

As ridiculous as the situation has been allowed to become I continue to be disgusted by the fact that several countries are sitting on multi millions of vaccine stock that is approaching expiry date and are also insisting on enforcement of unrequired  contracted supply in callous denial of the many others desperate to source.

I remain convinced that fully discounting any original malicious intent in the origins of this pandemic that the politicization that has since occurred and continues to inhibit humanitarian attempts to genuinely assist on a global scale is grossly malicious !

The brink was about a week ago.

It is a full blown crisis.  

• Like 1