Expats in Thailand Can Get COVID-19 Vaccination at Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospitals

snoop1130

So now we'll all be refreshing our browsers daily for the "open" registration period every few seconds starting at 8 am instead of 9 am with likely the same nothing results. 

No, we're not being jerked around! Perish the thought!

3 minutes ago, law ling said:

The web site now says the limit is 100 per day ... so what are one's chances?

I smell a rat: website before 9am acting odd, then opens and quota is full - someone had control and the inside running ...

Whatever is happening, you'll never be able to prove it!

We can't really know. 

That supply is really almost zero considering the size of the DEMAND.

That was for high risk expats for all of Thailand. One hospital. 100 doses a day.

The other hospital (long ago booked out) required previously being registered there.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So now we'll all be refreshing our browsers daily for the "open" registration period every few seconds starting at 8 am instead of 9 am with likely the same nothing results. 

No, we're not being jerked around! Perish the thought!

We're likely also competing with foreign residents outside Bangkok, on top of dose slots going to hospital friends and relatives and hi-sos, and on top of that, a shortage of vaccines. And I now have to agree, foreigners are barely going to get a look in. Period. 

PS I just saw law ling's 100-a-day post. A spit in the ocean. So, yeah, not a bloody chance. Might as well throw in the towel.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 2

Just now, ivor bigun said:

got mine in AZ  as did everyone else there about 500 of us ,mainly Thai . weeks ago .

Not really relevant to this topic to mention your previous vaccination via a method that is no longer available! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I tried phyathai2international.com at 09:00 today. Got 'server can't connect' message. Kept trying until 09:20 without success. Left it until 10:00 and got message saying 'sorry, quota for the day is full'. Now there is a message saying the quota is 100 per day!!! How can we register when the site won't load?

• Like 2

Registration at Samitivej finally completed after about 4 1/2 hours including waiting to connect.  I logged on at 10am.  Then it finally brought me to the confirmation page showing the amount I have to pay. When i clicked ok to submit payment it didnt do anything,  After trying for about 30 minutes I got a message saying Vaccines are now fully booked. Check back again for update July 13, at 6:00 pm.

• Sad 1

Bumrungrad has been equally confusing in their recent efforts to offer Moderna vaccine registrations, which they've apparently been doing the past couple days via their website.

The Bumrungrad website says today's allotment is already booked, and to come back and try again tomorrow. But this afternoon on their Facebook page, they have an image post in TH language that appears to say they'll cease taking registrations via the website as of tomorrow.

Their webpage also says their offer to register people for future Moderna vaccines is only open to people with a history of treatment at Bumrungrad who either A] have not yet received any vaccination or B] have received two doses of Sinovac (not quite a ringing Sinovac endorsement....)

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en

Screenshot_8.jpg.02b283cd6f8f4895e0fa5ec49a257066.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg.a2306fabdff6448f54231cf17cae104c.jpg

But then on Facebook this afternoon, they have this:

Announcement of Bumrungrad Hospital Subject: Change of Registration Method for Reservation of Alternative Vaccines in Moderna

Screenshot_10.jpg.bcb7fae8789ffe0dbae75c8f1ec33b26.jpg

Which I think says, they're halting registrations tomorrow....  If anyone has a better or different translation of the above message, please post it here. They didn't seem to have done an EN version of the same message.

https://www.facebook.com/bumrungrad/posts/10159356654669941

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think I'll be able to buy a unicorn on Shopee before I get a vaccination from the Thai gummint.

46 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If anyone has a better or different translation of the above message, please post it here.

Just use Google Translate on your phone, use the camera option. Losing the FB translations was a huge hit not that those work on cartoons/infographics.

It's just a long-winded explanation that this method is being dropped. That vaccines will be allocated to existing patients as they see fit. Tomorrow is the last day of Bumrungrad Bingo. And patients/customers should utilize the Bummie app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bumrungrad.android

Maybe between the daily bingo, and their "interest list", they have enough "candidates" to sift through.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Bumrungrad has been equally confusing in their recent efforts to offer Moderna vaccine registrations, which they've apparently been doing the past couple days via their website.

The Bumrungrad website says today's allotment is already booked, and to come back and try again tomorrow. But this afternoon on their Facebook page, they have an image post in TH language that appears to say they'll cease taking registrations via the website as of tomorrow.

Their webpage also says their offer to register people for future Moderna vaccines is only open to people with a history of treatment at Bumrungrad who either A] have not yet received any vaccination or B] have received two doses of Sinovac (not quite a ringing Sinovac endorsement....)

Announcement of Bumrungrad Hospital Subject: Change of Registration Method for Reservation of Alternative Vaccines in Moderna

Which I think says, they're halting registrations tomorrow....  If anyone has a better or different translation of the above message, please post it here. They didn't seem to have done an EN version of the same message.

Logged in earlier last week smack on 0900.....put in a queue.....please wait two hours, keep your browser open.....five minutes later..........sorry allocation has been used up.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Just use Google Translate on your phone, use the camera option.

I did... That was my basis for posting above that their TH message seemed to be about them halting Moderna registrations via their website as of tomorrow....  However, the Google Translate app dealing with images in TH isn't always an entirely accurate rendering, hence my comment above.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Forgive me for saying so, but for a hospital of Bumrungrad's status in Thailand, all of the above seems like a pretty half bassed operation. They have all this Moderna registration info on their website in English...

Then they post on FB saying that that's ending tomorrow, but they haven't bothered to update their EN website, nor could they apparently be bothered to post any version of the "ending" announcement in English anywhere. And to make matters worse, the TH they did post was an image file that any web person knows can't easily be translated.

And all of this from supposedly the main international / expat hospital in Thailand?

Ahh, and the other day, they have a Facebook Live video news conference of sorts to explain all about their Moderna vaccination program, supposedly with EN subtitles. But then, AFAICT, they don't bother to actually post the video on FB or anywhere else afterward that I can find for those who didn't catch the "live" version of their event.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Doing the Moderna bunfight with Samitivej today was very frustrating and involved spending several hours looking at error messages and queuing notifications that kept going back to over an hour after you had got down to a few minutes.  The system also hung up several times just when you thought you had got into it.  Nevertheless a sweet spot emerged around 2pm for an hour or two when it was possible to register up to 10 names for one or two shots each, if you had pre-registered. After that it was closed.  No idea why Bamrungrad felt the need to string the torture out over several days.  Since they let each person book up to 20 shots, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up overbooked and weed people out or make them wait for the second batch, when or if there is one. 

I only got pre-registered at Samitivej because I stopped by an information desk there to enquire about it 6 weeks ago and the girl asked me to scribble my name and phone number on a scrap of paper. I didn't think anything would come of it. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Forgive me for saying so, but for a hospital of Bumrungrad's status in Thailand, all of the above seems like a pretty half bassed operation. They have all this Moderna registration info on their website in English...

Then they post on FB saying that that's ending tomorrow, but they haven't bothered to update their EN website, nor could they apparently be bothered to post any version of the "ending" announcement in English anywhere. And to make matters worse, the TH they did post was an image file that any web person knows can't easily be translated.

And all of this from supposedly the main international / expat hospital in Thailand?

Ahh, and the other day, they have a Facebook Live video news conference of sorts to explain all about their Moderna vaccination program, supposedly with EN subtitles. But then, AFAICT, they don't bother to actually post the video on FB or anywhere else afterward that I can find for those who didn't catch the "live" version of their event.

PS - As of tonight, Bumrungrad appears to have removed from their website all the info they previously had about how to register with them for the Moderna vaccine...  And that would be consistent with the Thai message they posted on FB about their Moderna registrations ending.

09:00 Tuesday morning and the Phyathai website didn't load. At 09:04 it loaded and I completed the registration form. Once completed, I received a message saying "This form is no longer accepting responses, and has been set to automatically closed by the system". <deleted>.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

However, the Google Translate app dealing with images in TH isn't always an entirely accurate rendering,

Mine does.

But Bumrungrad Jeopardy ends before Final Jeopardy...

And what is that cartoon figure wai-ing? Is it named "Bummie"?

Layout-Announcement-VACCINE-Expat.jpg

Edited by mtls2005