Expats in Thailand Can Get COVID-19 Vaccination at Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospitals

snoop1130

14 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Have you tried contacting your local health center or local Govt Hospital?

My local health center arranged my appointment for the AZ vaccine at my local hospital, I had it on 28th June with the second appt scheduled for 20th Sept.

I did. They said they knew nothing about vaccinating farang and to try the Mor Prom app!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Sorry I should’ve said it’s a lot easier than dying

If only it was that simple. It may be easier than dying but it actually is not. And the expense does not bear thinking about and with lockdowns looming plus red lists for countries, it is actually going to be near impossible!

15 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Pound to a penny it is Sinovac.

You'd lose! I had my AstraZeneca vaccination on the 28th of June at the Phyathai 2 hospital in Bangkok and I'm scheduled for my second on the 20th of September.

8 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I did. They said they knew nothing about vaccinating farang and to try the Mor Prom app!

Remarkable when the Thai Govt is on record as stating foreigners are included in the vaccination program.....I share your frustration.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JohnB1945 said:

I got my first shot of AZ at Phyathai 2 hospital about 10 days ago, I had booked in person, going in about a week before as the website was not working. It was all well managed, good humoured and efficient. Quite a lot of foreigners there. 

I live in Khao Yai, and nobody said anything about being Bangkok only.

Next shot is September.

Many here don't know the meaning of proactive and expect the government to place them ahead of Thai citizens and jab them at their own houses. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Pound to a penny it is Sinovac.

When I got my vaccine at Phayathai 2 last month they had both sinovac and astrazeneca.  I think it will be moving more towards astra as Thailand ramps up it's production.

14 hours ago, metisdead said:

Yesterday I sent an email to Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital and registered.  At the end of the email exchange, I was advised the AstraZenica vaccine would be available sometime in September.  They will contact me when the vaccine is available. 

The early bird gets the worm. 

13 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

from my second post above:

“Although the government is discouraging inter provincial travel at the moment. So there’s that.

and the ccsa has said that it is mulling a “lockdown” of sorts for Bangkok on Monday. So there’s that also.

and flying to bangkok, or bus, does seem kind of risky as there is a pandemic and being close to large groups is not recommended.

in normal times, sure, getting to bangkok is a breeze. These aren’t normal times”

let me add a few points since you clearly can’t grasp some practical realities:

1. It’s not half a day drive. It’s 12 hours solid driving which with stops, means 2 days there, two days back, including an overnight stop at a hotel. I’m not bothered about doing it, I’ve done it before several times, but it does mean exposure to other people.

2. Assuming I have an appointment, clearly there will be at least an overnight stop in a deep red zone that is the epicentre of Thailand’s Delta Covid outbreak. Medically a stupid thing to do.

3. Currently my wife is stuck at our house in Udon due to Covid. So I am in Phuket with my young daughter. Assuming I ignore all sensible medical advice and drive two days into a deep red zone crossing several provincial borders on the way, who will look after my daughter while I am away?

I suggest you come off your high horse and have a little more understanding of the responsibilities that others have, rather than being so condescending.

or just continue giving out irresponsible advice. I don’t really care either way. 

If you live in Phuket, you've had the chance already to get a vaccine. How did you mange to miss that? 

Are you under 60?

Edited by Neeranam

Just now, Neeranam said:

If you live in Phuket, you've had the chance already to get a vaccine. How did you mange to miss that? 

The chance for vaccination was initially offered to Thai people only. Then it was extended to foreigners who are employed by a thai company.

I am retired.

• Like 2

I contacted Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital and this is the reply I got. Seems they know nothing about the offer of vaccinations being offered on the thailandintervac.com website between 19th & 30th July.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please be informed that the appointment will be estimably in September. You can contact with our COVID Vaccine Information Counter (front of Customer Service Department) for the support.

We wish to also inform you that the vaccines allocation is strictly handled by the Department of Disease Control, and only those who meet the criteria in each phase will be screened and selected from the Government’s database for eligibility of the vaccine date scheduling only. Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is the provider of vaccine administration service alone and we do not control the qualified persons list, nor the vaccination date. We are more than happy to take your details and submit to the Government for their review and selection per criteria, but we are unable to guarantee any set date for the vaccine at this point.  

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter very much, and we seek your support and patience throughout the whole process in the coming months.

All this chaos from the top down, reminds me of the Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy and the Keystone Cops. They were funny, but this lot are a complete shambles.

I could be more descriptive, but its not allowed.

15 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

No joke, and no reply.

Maybe they should switch to hotmail

I remember the days when Thai companies would have websites with their own domain names but the email addresses were hotmail. Guess their webmasters had no idea how to set up email on their domains. 

Now emails have gone out of fashion and help is by online chat systems that often only work limited hours and make you wait in a queue. A step backward IMO. 

• Thanks 1

The title of this item gives the distinct impression that I can register for a vaccine when actually living 100's of kms away - as MOST expats in Thailand are!

As I understand it, whatever scheme there is, it will only be possible to be vaccinated within the vicinity of one's residence.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

emailing [email protected]

I was given this e-mail by the Canadian embassy when I inquired about vaccine availability for Canadian expats.

Sent a e-mail this morning on the 8th, haven't heard back, not expecting to either

Same, Canuck. The staff are overwhelmed with emails. They simply can't reply to every one. Better to phone. Or wait until July 12 & call the hospitals directly.

As Phayathai2 has stated it will be using Google Forms, a phone call might find out where to get one to submit of July 12.

9 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

The title of this item gives the distinct impression that I can register for a vaccine when actually living 100's of kms away - as MOST expats in Thailand are!

As I understand it, whatever scheme there is, it will only be possible to be vaccinated within the vicinity of one's residence.

Survey: How many expats over 75 are on here???

12 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

if you are 75+ you can get a jab at Bang Sue Grand Station regardless where you live

See my contribution above

Point taken, but a journey to Bangkok will not be easy - because of Covid. There's irony for you!

• Like 1

The notice on the Intervac site does not say, registration is now open at Samitivej Hospital. Yet it is fully booked! Did anyone here immediately march to Samitivej, get in line and got an appointment? Did they turn away hospital non-registrants? Congratulations to those who got on the inoculation list. 

Bottom line, what a freakin mess. 

• Thanks 1