Expats in Thailand Can Get COVID-19 Vaccination at Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospitals

snoop1130

Just now, Jingthing said:

I would need more information about the full details of your registration and vaccine site to respond to that. For example they might have been in the diplomatic group.

Phyathai 2, Intervac.......every nationality under the sun was there.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Phyathai 2, Intervac.......every nationality under the sun was there.

I'm guessing diplomatic then.

They are very high priority.

That isn't gaming the system. 

Edited by Jingthing

16 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

from my second post above:

“Although the government is discouraging inter provincial travel at the moment. So there’s that.

and the ccsa has said that it is mulling a “lockdown” of sorts for Bangkok on Monday. So there’s that also.

and flying to bangkok, or bus, does seem kind of risky as there is a pandemic and being close to large groups is not recommended.

in normal times, sure, getting to bangkok is a breeze. These aren’t normal times”

let me add a few points since you clearly can’t grasp some practical realities:

1. It’s not half a day drive. It’s 12 hours solid driving which with stops, means 2 days there, two days back, including an overnight stop at a hotel. I’m not bothered about doing it, I’ve done it before several times, but it does mean exposure to other people.

2. Assuming I have an appointment, clearly there will be at least an overnight stop in a deep red zone that is the epicentre of Thailand’s Delta Covid outbreak. Medically a stupid thing to do.

3. Currently my wife is stuck at our house in Udon due to Covid. So I am in Phuket with my young daughter. Assuming I ignore all sensible medical advice and drive two days into a deep red zone crossing several provincial borders on the way, who will look after my daughter while I am away?

I suggest you come off your high horse and have a little more understanding of the responsibilities that others have, rather than being so condescending.

or just continue giving out irresponsible advice. I don’t really care either way. 

Surely some mistake? Why, only a few weeks ago, the governor of Phuket assured the media that 108% of foreigners living in Phuket had already been vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm guessing diplomatic then.

They are very high priority.

That isn't gaming the system. 

Unfortunately the system relies in much part on who you know, your connections within a hospital etc. There is literally not one person I know, (as in am acquainted with, may be 20-40 people) in Thailand, who has not been vaccinated. The majority of them are young, (and much younger than me). This number includes expats. Some have obtained vaccinations through their company, (however small it is, or through an associated relationship), and some through their personal contacts. Very few through the designated government agency sites. These people include rich Thais, and middle income Thais.

From reading this forum, formerly known as Prince, many high risk or over 60 foreigners have not been given any access to vaccination, because the systems set up are designed to fail.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, worrab said:

And what about those who do not live in Bangkok or nowhere near?? I'm 66 and live 6 hours drive away and I am sure there are many more in the same situation! Absolute shambles of the first order!!

If I were you I would be extremely grateful that a vaccine against the horror of Covid even exists for you to complain about. Never in the history of medicine has a vaccine for a deadly disease been created in such a short time, in the past it would take up to ten years between research and development and clinical trials. You need to get things in perspective bro. If I had to, I would frigg in  WALK 100 miles to get one and I would do so with a smile on my face because I would live and survive where many did not. So be patient and do the best you can, because the medical profession has stepped up to create and provide these vaccines, and if the government has had trouble and been disorganized etc. remember that nothing like this has ever happened before, even the flu epidemic of 1918 had little in common with covid. For you in particular, just obey all health guidelines and lay low until the vaccine is available near you, as it surely will eventually, and sooner rather than later. Or, take a bus to Bangkok.

Edited by Jonathan Swift
one of your idiots think's "<deleted>" is a curse word. Note: it is a nonsense word used instead of the curse word
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, samtam said:

Unfortunately the system relies in much part on who you know, your connections within a hospital etc. There is literally not one person I know, (as in am acquainted with, may be 20-40 people) in Thailand, who has not been vaccinated. The majority of them are young, (and much younger than me). This number includes expats. Some have obtained vaccinations through their company, (however small it is, or through an associated relationship), and some through their personal contacts. Very few through the designated government agency sites. These people include rich Thais, and middle income Thais.

From reading this forum, formerly known as Prince, many high risk or over 60 foreigners have not been given any access to vaccination, because the systems set up are designed to fail.

Yes I'm well aware of company programs and special situations like school teachers, etc.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's for people over 60 and or with certain conditions.

Not necessarily sick.

More like high risk.

It's obvious that the number of doses being released to high risk expats is much much lower than the need.

I'm talking about the entire country. Not just Bangkok.

It's awful that this already way too limited program is in Bangkok only!

Or that there are a lot of shysters living there!

37 minutes ago, worrab said:

This will be the second time I have said this!! 6 hours drive to the red zone and wait around to get registered. Then 6 hours drive home. Now we have 6 hours drive back for the first jab. Wait around before and after in the red zone. Then 6 hours drive home. Rinse and repeat for the second jab. Lockdowns looming so I think you really should think before making a comment like this!! They should be ensuring the vaccine is available everywhere not just Bangkok!! People in the UK did not have to go through this rigmarole to get vaccinated. <deleted> poor effort by a <deleted> poor government that want/need ousting at the first opportunity. 

Maybe its time you pack up and go back to the nanny state where you were born. You have no right to complain about this

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, grego49 said:

I was at Samitivej hospital in Bkk today to see skin doctor,enquired about vaxs and was told can register for monderra vax but wont be arriving till next year and didnt need to pay,i can register for the government vax but can not be guaranteed what i will get be it Sinovac or Astrazeneca.

Cheers

had my AZ vax here in phetchabun 5 day's ago ..no stress all went well took about 1 hour start to finish .. temperature check.blood pressure check ..test before and 30 minutes after vax  i got AZ my wife only sinovac but then again she is only a government employee..no anti farang feeling it seems   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raccos21 said:

I still not sure about these vaccines.

Covid cases in jabbed Brits soar 85% in a week - as expert reveals 5 symptoms to watch for”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/15530906/covid-cases-fully-jabbed-brits-soars-5-symptoms/amp/

Keep in mind what is stated...

Unjabbed most at risk

7 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

Maybe its time you pack up and go back to the nanny state where you were born. You have no right to complain about this

I am willing to pay the going rate for vaccinations at a private hospital but 16 months into the pandemic they have none available. Why is that?

4 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

The e-mail was sent to me from the Canadian embassy here in Bangkok.

2 days ago I read in the Globe and Mail about Canada planning to send vaccines to 134 embassies and offices worldwide in countries that have problems with the rollout. Certainly the case here.

I asked if their was any plan to provide vaccinations to Canadian expats and I got a very long reply pointing out the various avenues here in Thailand. The MorChana app, [email protected], this e-mail and of course thehttps://thailandintervac.com/.

They also said they have no plans to provide vaccinations to Canadians, we are not medical providers etc.

Doesn't hurt to ask

The Canadian embassy doesn't have a clue then!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Earlier this week, during the CCSA daily announcement in English, they announced that foreigners over 60 would be jabbed in Bangkok during July.  Other provinces would follow in August.

looks like we broke through the 10,000 daily infection rate line today.  Any bets on when the 15,000 daily infection rate will be reported?

I watched that.

Unfortunately I think you're giving the wrong impression of what was said.

They did say other provinces would follow in August for high risk people.

But they conspicuously did not mention high risk expats in that context.

You might say that was implied. 

I really don't think it actually was.

• Like 2

There were 3,000 doses of Moderna available for Pre pay at Ram Hospital Chiang Mai on Monday.

The website stated PrePay customers could come from 9am to 4pm.

By 7am traffic was at a standstill to enter the hospital grounds. By 10 am the

Quota for Moderna was sold out. People were still trying to get in at noon. It was 

a Total Disaster.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes I'm well aware of company programs and special situations like school teachers, etc.

It's more than that. I'm talking about well-connected individuals. Well-connected does not only mean Thai, rich etc, which is a given.

3 minutes ago, mberbae said:

There were 3,000 doses of Moderna available for Pre pay at Ram Hospital Chiang Mai on Monday.

The website stated PrePay customers could come from 9am to 4pm.

By 7am traffic was at a standstill to enter the hospital grounds. By 10 am the

Quota for Moderna was sold out. People were still trying to get in at noon. It was 

a Total Disaster.

No old and vulnerable first here then?

don't bother to register at Phyathai 2, i was waiting for an hour before registration open yesterday, funny enough you have pay at shopee for 2 dose of Moderna, by the time the registration open it said 2k plus dose available, 5 second i kid you not 5 second later all was sold out, the theory was there's a middle man buying all the dose so they can re-sell.

all these registration for the vaccine is a failure for foreigner under 60, this whole country vaccinating thing is a disgrace if you ask me, all this can be prevented if they acted early, they had the mean to do so, but greed got the best of them  

Edited by vinci
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, metisdead said:

Yesterday I sent an email to Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital and registered.  At the end of the email exchange, I was advised the AstraZenica vaccine would be available sometime in September.  They will contact me when the vaccine is available. 

Same here

Regarding failing systems - Bumrungrad opened an online registration system for the Moderna Vaccine at 9:00 today.  all I ever got was a 404 error, never a registration.  Around 11:45, A notice was posted that said that registrations for the day were full.  I called a nurse in cardiology who said that, although I have been requesting a vaccination for many months, the only way to register was through the online site.  She advised me to try again tomorrow.  I don't know how many doses they have and whether I will be able to register on the obviously overcrowded website or not.  

36 minutes ago, vinci said:

don't bother to register at Phyathai 2, i was waiting for an hour before registration open yesterday, funny enough you have pay at shopee for 2 dose of Moderna, by the time the registration open it said 2k plus dose available, 5 second i kid you not 5 second later all was sold out, the theory was there's a middle man buying all the dose so they can re-sell.

all these registration for the vaccine is a failure for foreigner under 60, this whole country vaccinating thing is a disgrace if you ask me, all this can be prevented if they acted early, they had the mean to do so, but greed got the best of them  

Th is, for the moment, rated the second worse country in the world in regard of handling Covid 19....