Black Ants!

Badrabbit

A warning about these aggressive Ants, sitting on a bench(Rawai beach road) got stung by one if these, preety sure it was a Fire Ant, read Females sting, males bite,  it's been a week of pain, mega itching and swelling, would hate to think of a child being bitten/stung by one of these, take care!

Edited by Badrabbit

make a paste with some baking soda ( easily bought in supermarkets)  and apply to the

bite as soon as possible.    A few times a day for a day or two will help immensely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rumak said:

make a paste with some baking soda ( easily bought in supermarkets)  and apply to the

bite as soon as possible.    A few times a day for a day or two will help immensely

Cheers mate, I went to Hospital as the swelling and pain was substantial, gave me cream and Ani-Biotics, slowly getting better.

You should visit a Doctor or go to the Hospital if you are worried about anything, adverse reactions to anything can be serious!

Why take a chance especially if its a Child!

Fire ants can also cause a variety of health problems in humans, ranging from simple stings to anaphylaxis and death.

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 2

Fire ants are reddish brown and quite small (about 3-4 mm). Never needed hospitalisation but stings painful and leave a white blister. Of course, many other species here - 529 by one count.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Yes mate, Insurance paid, the Nurses were lovely!

They are. Even with the masks. It's been true in every hospital I've used throughout Thailand.

• Like 1

Some people have more of a reaction than others.

We have a certain part of the garden where they are very aggressive & i

got a few bites (or stings)> I am not normally worried but these my left anke swelled up 

terribly. I thought at first I had DVT

Long trousers & gumboots now when in the garden

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

Fire ants are reddish brown and quite small (about 3-4 mm). Never needed hospitalisation but stings painful and leave a white blister. Of course, many other species here - 529 by one count.

There are also larger black ants, that the title suggested, are just as bad or worse. The wife keeps warning me whenever she sees them.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks, I will certainly look forward to other visits should I have any further problems that might need attention.

This is a tropical climate. Ants and other insects flourish and are everywhere. If you need a hospital for every ant bite you are ngmi