Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

10 cabinet members are also foregoing 3 months of salaries for #COVID19 relief, following PM

@prayutofficial ’s announcement,

incl. Dep-PM Prawit, Transport Min Saksayam, Chaiwut, Ed. Min Trinuch, ThaiMiniCult Ittipol, Labor Min Suchat and Dep-Agri. Min Thammanat

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413388829369638913

Yes, where's Auntin in this list?

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Must have been back in early April when Dr Sophon Iamsirithaworn predicted More than 28,000 people could be infected by COVID-19 per day, or Dr Yong predicting 10,000 a day or The Public Health Ministry predicting over 9,000 a day. Those doom mongers you mean?

Actually, no.

I posted here in early May that the Doom and Gloomers here were predicting 10,000 new cases a day.

The response from the Doom and Gloomers was denial that such a prediction was made here. In fact, when I pressed you about your prediction of the future of the epidemic, you declined to make a prediction, other than it would be bad. When I asked you what that meant, you explained the consequences of 2,000+ cases a day, many sick people, deaths down the road, but nothing about any significant increases in case levels.

23 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Don't forget the rain can wash the virus away....remember the Songkran 2020 promises?

Ahh, right. And that’s why they spray planes with water when they arrive at the airport.

prayut had the right idea when he ordered the artificial rain making to be done for the chemical factory fire then.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

There's no other solution than natural herd immunity. 

The vaccines are mildly effective against the Delta variant and likely useless again the Epsilon.

It's only a matter time before more potent variants emerge, as they react and mutate to break though the vaccine.

Humanity should quit inoculation at once, protect anyone over a certain age, and the let the disease rage among the young and strong.

In a year or two, it'll be behind us.

How do you achieve herd immunity with a virus that mutates every month or so?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

10 cabinet members are also foregoing 3 months of salaries for #COVID19 relief, following PM

@prayutofficial ’s announcement,

incl. Dep-PM Prawit, Transport Min Saksayam, Chaiwut, Ed. Min Trinuch, ThaiMiniCult Ittipol, Labor Min Suchat and Dep-Agri. Min Thammanat

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413388829369638913

Yes, where's Auntin in this list?

Noo ( หนู) has make so great job so he want to keep hes salary!

UPDATE:
@oc_ccsa will announce the new #COVID19 measures at 4pm BK today (Friday).
Quote Tweet
วันนี้(9 ก.ค. 64) เวลา 16.00 น. ศบค. จะมีการแถลงข่าวอย่างเป็นทางการ เพื่อชี้แจงเกี่ยวกับข้อกำหนดและมาตรการบริหารสถานการณ์ ทางช่อง NBT และเพจ LiveNBT2HD หรือติดตามการสรุปมาตรการสำคัญได้ทางทวิตเตอร์ @oc_ccsa #โควิด19วันนี้ #โควิด19

You can follow it live at around 1600 hrs at https://www.facebook.com/LiveNBT2HD/live_videos/

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Actually, no.

I posted here in early May that the Doom and Gloomers here were predicting 10,000 new cases a day.

The response from the Doom and Gloomers was denial that such a prediction was made here. In fact, when I pressed you about your prediction of the future of the epidemic, you declined to make a prediction, other than it would be bad. When I asked you what that meant, you explained the consequences of 2,000+ cases a day, many sick people, deaths down the road, but nothing about any significant increases in case levels.

So my post contained quotes from early April from those doctors that were also posted on here at the time. I posted them and have them in my history from then.

You then are talking about other doom and gloomers aside from these doctors above then. Thats fine go ahead and quote them, I'm sure they will be fine with being in the same camp as the doctors.

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How do you achieve herd immunity with a virus that mutates every month or so?

Who is now Doom and Gloomer!? Your txt say there is nothing what can do! Everybody get covid again! Even have get vaccine or have had it already! Sorry i was not 100% immune to you , i try better next time! My system fail me was only 99.9 % immune your txt!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

First off, you claimed that Sinovac was ineffective in treating the alpha variant. Studies based on large scale inoculations  from Uruguay and Indonesia show in fact that it was very effective in lowering hospitalizations and deaths from  the alpha variant. Where do you get your misinformaton from?

Sinovac, Pfizer/BioNtech COVID-19 vaccines prove highly effective in Uruguay -government

Uruguay on Tuesday released real-world data on the impact of Sinovac Biotech's (SVA.O) COVID-19 vaccine among its population that showed it was over 90% effective in preventing intensive care admissions and deaths.

The shot reduced deaths by 95% and intensive care admissions by 92%, and also showed 61% efficacy in cutting coronavirus infections, the government said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/sinovac-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccines-prove-highly-effective-uruguay-2021-06-08/

Indonesia study finds China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine effective in medical staff

China's Sinovac Biotech COVID-19 vaccine was 98% effective at preventing death and 96% effective at preventing hospitalisation among a group of inoculated Indonesian medical staff, a study conducted by the country's health ministry has found.

The findings were based on data from 120,000 healthcare workers in Jakarta who had received the vaccine between January and March this year, lead researcher and health official Pandji Dhewantara told a briefing on Wednesday.

Phase 3 trials of the vaccine, called CoronaVac, have produced varying results globally, but Pandji said the study found it also prevented symptomatic COVID-19 in 94% of the group.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/indonesia-study-finds-chinas-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-effective-medical-staff-2021-05-12/

The Hong Kong study you cited was not an epidemiological study at all. So what's your point in bringing it up? It says nothing one way or the other about whether or not the Sinovac vaccine lowers hospitalizations and deaths. 

There have as yet been no epidemiological studies released on how well Sinovac protects vaccinated persons afflicted with the Delta variant from hospitalizations and deaths vs. unvaccinated persons. That it doesn't work as well as Biontech, Moderna, and other vaccines isn't in dispute. But your assertion that it doesn't work at all isn't grounded in the facts as currently known.

First of all you need to stop making up what i said to appear less fooiish after being shown you are wrong.

Point was and is, Sinovac efficiency against Alpha is just above acceptable threshold and all the countries that used it, ended up with huge outbreaks, hospitalizations and death after having used it.

Its efficiency against Delta is even less, making it below acceptable threshold, ie useless.

Fact that Sinovac is not releasing the data makes it even less reliable

• Like 1

Some posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Vaccinations update for the day:

2021-07-09b.thumb.jpg.eba56e1ad714aef7b6b8340c249dd668.jpg

2021-07-09c.thumb.jpg.2f9fce98d8d80b279356af92be3ed59b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/361019852183012

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 9, 2021) . About 4.8 percent of the population is fully vaccinated. 8,800,155 (+305,925) people have received the first dose, while 3,175,841 (+50,453) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1413400351437299713