Thais head to Makro/Lotus to stock up on supplies after lockdown/curfew announcement

webfact

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Remember, people who panic buy are selfish and couldn't care less about how their actions affect others.

hmmm ...you blame the wrong ones, in most crisis are the elite and criminal goverments, who lead people to panic buying.................

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News reported from Makro saying that Thais had flocked to the store to buy goods after the CCSA announcement that ten provinces including Bangkok were facing greater restrictions.

The usual panic buying fraternity.... they're open all bl**dy day what's the rush?

• Like 2

Just now, hotchilli said:

The usual panic buying fraternity.... they're open all bl**dy day what's the rush?

Gotta fill up the ice chests before driving out to the provinces so you have food to share with mom, dad, your brothers and family for the next 14 days.....

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I wonder whether Thai people clean the supermarket shelves from toilet papers like people do in Australia that no one understand why they do that...

No running water in the outside long-drop?

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Gotta fill up the ice chests before driving out to the provinces so you have food to share with mom, dad, your brothers and family for the next 14 days.....

Cough...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

We went to the Makro on Suksawat, had a laugh at the cars parked, two Porsches and a very expensive Merc, times must be hard!

Even that people have to eat, can you imagine?

And why you have to pay more when you can get for les.

• Like 1

The Foodland on Sukhumvit soi 16, Bangkok, mid-afternoon Saturday was near empty of customers and had full shelves -- a typical day. Couple of things missing but there were options. Too bad all the media have to spread the word "lockdown" everywhere. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Orinoco said:

And we all need to remember as well,

who started all this

The Chinese.

13 hours ago, Excel said:

So quite how remembering something as yet unproven, prevent the contagion spreading in Bangkok, just more biased nonsense towards the Chinese

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Perhaps you believe the Chinese version of events as to where the virus originated?

Something to do with salmon as I recall.

Absolutely - bloody Vikings have always been a bit dodgy. It is merely a coincidence that smack bang in the epicenter of the first recorded "cluster" In Wuhan is a virology research lab, with a bit of a reputation for bugs escaping.

Nothing has been proven because there has been no credible ( international) investigation, we just have to take their word for it!

Me, I blame the EU...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

Interesting behaviour and an equally interesting setting of priorities. 

Here it is noodles cooking oil, rice and dried goods while in Europe - 18 months ago - it was toilet paper. 

I never got that toilet paper thing but I can only assume that they bought it to wipe up the government's manure being sprayed at random - at the time .... 

On 7/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, clivebaxter said:

I have looked the ones I buy- were all cheaper in Foodland

Foodland do seem to be the best of the western food supermarkets especially where prices

are concerned. Villa Market should follow suit, some of their prices border on the really ridiculous.

• Like 2