Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

yes... except, they're still running 140,000 doses per day short of their own self-stated goal of getting 70% of the population fully vaccinated by the end of the year.

And they're going to fall further and further behind with every passing day that they come up short, including on every weekend thus far when those 300K-400K dose counts drop to 100K or so.

True, however I never took any notice of the "target". Think they did almost 500k on June 7. After that (due to lack of supply) and other issues they dropped the ball. Think there was a day under 80k.

I would be happy with 450k every day.

There is incentive and demand here for vaccination. Sadly many (farang AND Thai) are reluctant to have sinovac.

If we could just just get some vaccine things could somewhat improve by year's end.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Vietnam imposes lockdown in city, as Covid cases continue to surge in Asean

The ongoing surge in Covid cases across Southeast Asia continued unabated on Friday, although the number of deaths declined, collated data showed

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40003045

Vietnam imposes lockdown in city, as Covid cases continue to surge in Asean

It's interesting to compare Thailand and Indonesia. The population of Indonesia is about 4 times larger and the daily number of case is also around 4 times higher. However, the number of deaths in Indonesia is 12 times higher. I wonder why this very large difference in death rates.

• Like 2

I read this Lockdown is for 14 days at least ..i would like to know what happens  when the lockdown ends ? there is still no  Vaccine so the  infection rate will carry on rising, so  the lockdown should be made permanent

• Confused 1

Current Daily COVID Vaccinations Per Capita

for Select Major World Countries and ASEAN Members

Thailand isn't the worst, but isn't anywhere near the best either, about on par with India, which I'm not sure is a good thing or not.

[The U.S. number currently is low, because a large portion of the population there already has been fully vaccinated, and current vaccination numbers have slowed as the remaining unvaccinated population includes a lot of vaccine skeptics].

SE Asia in general is lagging behind in the current rate of per capita vaccinations.

Screenshot_8.jpg.2573f1cb521548b71e0d80427fe62bb2.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

I just added Thailand to OWD's standard graphic below showing countries share of vaccinated population:

Screenshot_10.jpg.b366c730aee15abe28c55aa1bb6bb5ab.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, actonion said:

I read this Lockdown is for 14 days at least ..i would like to know what happens  when the lockdown ends ? there is still no  Vaccine so the  infection rate will carry on rising, so  the lockdown should be made permanent

If this soft lockdown not work, they have to do more hard decision! Lockdown hole country? Curfew to hole country? Nobody know what these idiot in charge doing!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candide said:

It's interesting to compare Thailand and Indonesia. The population of Indonesia is about 4 times larger and the daily number of case is also around 4 times higher. However, the number of deaths in Indonesia is 12 times higher. I wonder why this very large difference in death rates.

Could it possibly be medical treatment or maybe just alack of transparency here in Thailand like the current numbers and those lining up for tests would have you believe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should be mutual considering the UK has 3x the number of daily new cases of Thailand.

3 x the daily new cases pails into insignificance when you compare the current deaths and serious/critical figures to the UK. It surprises me that Thailand has not been put on the red list yet, but no doubt some dopey tourists will still come and suffer the consequences.

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Last data I saw I think it was 55% or 60% of new cases were fully vaccinated, 40 not. Hospital admissions are rising in UK too...up 55% in the last 7 days. I know it won't be  near as bad as January. But if we get lucky Sunday night, and after July 19th, numbers are going to be high.

Infection rates for double vaccinated under-65s are 3 times lower than in unvaccinated under-65s, demonstrating the impact of the vaccination roll out

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No I don't trust them.Even if the predictions are correct and the reductions of 8-10 fold brings the number of deaths down to average flu levels of 0.2% of cases 100,000-150,000 cases per day will result in 200-300 deaths per day which is not your average flu season.It may be more like a bad flu season so if restrictions are required for the new levels of the reduced number of covid deaths then one would expect similar restrictions in a bad flu season which hasn't happened yet but might happen in the future if the tolerance for viral deaths is reduced but that will be for the people to decide.

Somehow Javid's projections look too hopeful assuming he is dealing with a static linear relationship between infections hospitalisations and deaths. In the real world of disease control things change and these perfect correlations don't work out.  Bojo and co got lucky in leaving the EU just at the right time to have an independent vaccine policy but they are still the same clowns that plunged the country into chaos last year.  Bojo pushed for herd immunity, a policy that would have been catastrophic, before he got sick himself. 

But at least the UK government has a plan, while the Thai government is busy with infighting and jockeying for position for a an early election while looking at the virus like rabbits in headlights.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Please provide a link to a study showing that Sinovac is ineffective against the Delta variant. I must have missed it. 

You should pay more attention to current affairs and what people are posting. 120 doctors dead in Indonesia fully vacced with Sinovac. Docs and I assume nurses etc to get pfizer boosters. If you do not believe this I don't care. It's what's happening. Stop being obtuse.

• Like 2

Transport by  planes bus, trains, skytrains & underground (if allawed to function) should be maximum 40% loading. I went to use the skytrain as my car being serviced, took one look, forfeited my fare & walked home. Absolutely packed & the authorities just turn a blind eye 

Interesting to note that yesterday the UK had 35,000 new infections but still full house for Wimbeldon & Euro final with no masks required ,. Jabbed or not I believe this a little irresponsible

USA yesterday new infections came in at 35,000.

I dont think the world will get of the woods until hopefully February 2022

Samui & Phangan reopening: bars open, 5,000 baht Covid tests

Koh Samui and the surrounding islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao are preparing for their Samui Plus reopening beginning July 15. The rules for the reopening are more stringent, with 3 full days of quarantine required and then 4 days of being allowed to travel only on sealed routes to specific tourist destinations before finally being allowed to travel freely and to neighbouring islands after 1 week. In contrast, some of Koh Samui’s nightlife seems to be operating unaffected by Covid-19 restrictions and may draw Phuket Sandbox tourists longing for a drink and a night out.

https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/samui-phangan-reopening-bars-open-5000-baht-covid-tests

My friends, all were sitting around in early April, saying how lucky we were to be here in Thailand and especially Issan even after Songkran !

Letting those construction sites empty out a couple of weeks ago ,have taken its toll ! Need a hard 2 week lock down ! 

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/photos

อาจเป็นรูปภาพของ ข้อความพูดว่า "NBT WORLD Domestic COVID-19 cases in Thailand on Saturday July 10, 2021 NORTH EAST Kalasin Khon Kaen Chaiyaphum Nakhon Phanom Nakhon Ratchasima Bueng Kan Buri Ram Maha Sarakham Mukdahan Yasothon Roi Et 45 50 53 23 81 5 71 56 25 28 52 Loei Si Sa Ket Sakon Nakhon Surin Nong Khai Nong Bua Lamphu Amnat Charoen Udon Thani Ubon Ratchathani 14 38 65 61 15 22 25 50 56 Total: 835"

Edited by riclag

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Interesting to note that yesterday the UK had 35,000 new infections but still full house for Wimbeldon & Euro final with no masks required ,. Jabbed or not I believe this a little irresponsible

Yes, quite interesting, and for me, it was the fact that sooooh many in the crowds weren't/aren't wearing masks (they had a choice)....show whats confidence the public have in the vaccination programme or just sick to the teeth of it all or maybe don't know anyone seriously affected by Covid, Christ knows.........................................were on track for approx 100K infections again daily within a couple of weeks................at what point does the tiny percentage of cases which lead to hospitalisation become an issue? How on earth do you model that?

19 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Transport by  planes bus, trains, skytrains & underground (if allawed to function) should be maximum 40% loading. I went to use the skytrain as my car being serviced, took one look, forfeited my fare & walked home. Absolutely packed & the authorities just turn a blind eye 

USA yesterday new infections came in at 35,000.

I dont think the world will get of the woods until hopefully February 2022

Country's whit good vaccine % are not going backwards. They not going to close country's anymore. They have make one goal whit vaccine is that people who has get vaccine not anymore die covid(so easily). Even delta variant grow infections all over Europe almost all country's has open up restrictions. Every economy in Europe increase strongly, there not find that kind politician who have balls to say we will lockdown again!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should be mutual considering the UK has 3x the number of daily new cases of Thailand.

Agree close borders and try to expedite availability of suitable vaccines. It seems inevitable that tourist season has now been lost for another year 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

We all were sitting around in early April, saying how lucky we were to be here in Thailand and especially Issan even after Songkran !

Letting those construction sites empty out a couple of weeks ago ,have taken its toll ! Need a hard 2 week lock down ! 

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/photos

อาจเป็นรูปภาพของ ข้อความพูดว่า "NBT WORLD Domestic COVID-19 cases in Thailand on Saturday July 10, 2021 NORTH EAST Kalasin Khon Kaen Chaiyaphum Nakhon Phanom Nakhon Ratchasima Bueng Kan Buri Ram Maha Sarakham Mukdahan Yasothon Roi Et 45 50 53 23 81 5 71 56 25 28 52 Loei Si Sa Ket Sakon Nakhon Surin Nong Khai Nong Bua Lamphu Amnat Charoen Udon Thani Ubon Ratchathani 14 38 65 61 15 22 25 50 56 Total: 835"

That was big impact but also lotto sellers who come back from BKK has bring much infections!

Biggest lotto markets are in Isaan area. And i think most of quota's also. 2 times /month i have always been bist coz lotto market people even stop traffic in main road from Wang Saphung to Loei!

47 minutes ago, candide said:

They have been longer and deeper into the pandemic, same as the Philippines. There is an accumulation of the very sick, escpecially those on ventilators. 

43 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

Is anyone vetting these figures that are thrown around like sportscasters reporting a football match? Disgusting hyperbole.

thanks for volunteering to do this

much appreciated

• Haha 2