Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, worrab said:

How serious are the admissions compared to before? Have the vaccinations done there bit in reducing seriousness and deaths? 

Very much so.... 

I have heard little as to the general seriousness of admissions, but it is well known deaths are very low now, but on the rise along with the hospitalizations. Only heard just over 50% are fully vaccinated and referred to as vaccination breakthroughs... that small number for whom vaccinations did not work.

Nothing news in NBT World's twitter. Hmm... why? They have bist of somebody coz give too much information!? Only one new news today and that was goverment butt licking news!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But he is donating 3 months of his salary, isn't that enough for the people.....crazy isn't it.

Was it 380,000 baht.... that is all of 100 Covid tests at BHP, 100 worried folk out of the rain.

42 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Saturday: Since 1 April

297,969 people infected (+19 imported and +9,307 local cases)

2,531 dead +91

80,289 in care

2,738 in ICU and 717 on ventilators

3,841 discharged from carehttps://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1413733123167166472Image

3,841 people were discharged from the hospital system yesterday.

6,567 people were admitted as hospital walk-in cases.

Clearly, these numbers are not sustainable.

It seems there is still vaccine available in Phuket. The father of my daughters friend went to Patong hospital yesterday without an appointment and got a first jab of sinovac.

I myself have been registered on Phuket must win app and suddenly I was given an appointment for 14th July. Unfortunately it’s for sinovac, so I will have to go and explain that I need AZ due to my age. I expect I will cancelled and rescheduled. Or just cancelled ????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well, next time ask for 2 studies.You asked for a study, try and say what you mean next time.Read what you have just posted and see if you understand what you are saying because I can't.

Thank you for the link. 

I did want to look at what study you were referring to. I look forward to other studies on this subject.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well next time ask for 2 studies.You asked for a study, try and say what you mean next time.

It’s gonna take more than two studies to get him to understand anything. Give him one, he needs two. Give him two, he needs three. Give him three and it’s deflected to another topic just like his latest response.

Asks for a study, given it and suddenly the topic is all about how single studies aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

somewhat pathetic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Do you trust the people in charge in the UK?  Sajid Javid says he's "comfortable" that the double jabbed deaths are only the elderly and sick, who presumably matter no more than the people in care homes Bojo and Hancock killed off in the first wave.  

To me their confidence sounds like the British high command before the Battle of the Somme. They had covered every conceivable angle and fired 1.5 million artillery shells at the German trenches to soften them up, which gave them confidence that the lads would meet only manageable resistance.  When the whistles blew after all this meticulous preparation and they went over the top, 57,000 young men were mown down by machine guns and shell fire on the first day alone.   

And one of my Grandfathers remarkably survived that day.   He spent the rest of his life wondering how it was possible when most around him fell like dominoes !

• Like 2

Prayut offering to donate his salary for 3 months signifies he is finished and has no idea what to do now.  It would be more meaningful if all the ministers offered to return everything they had looted from the taxpayers to date.  The ship of state seems to be careering out of control with noone at the at the rudder.  Prayut is now dealing with infighting and pressure from his boss Prawit to dump Anuphong and install party secretary general Thammanart as interior minister to prepare for the next election.  It's dog eats dog at the top. 

The numbers will hang around in the 9,000s for a few more days as they get in more test kits and then power up to the 25,000 mark without much pause. The peak could easily be 50,000 to 60,000 or even more.

A friend of Mrs Dog's just told her he has tested positive 3 weeks after first AZ jab. His entire household is also positive including a young nephew and his elderly diabetic mum who is coughing up blood in the ICU. 

Stay safe my friends.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can someone explain what this means in practice. 

In practice, it means very little I think.

in theory, I think it means that if you don’t HAVE to travel, then don’t. So social visits and the like that are not absolutely necessary, should be cancelled.

in practice, I suspect it may be ignored. Unless, it becomes common knowledge that the police are out in force stopping people and making life difficult by asking for driving licenses etc or creating huge tailbacks by holding up traffic.

my guess is, nothing changes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s gonna take more than two studies to get him to understand anything. Give him one, he needs two. Give him two, he needs three. Give him three and it’s deflected to another topic just like his latest response.

Asks for a study, given it and suddenly the topic is all about how single studies aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

somewhat pathetic.

There is something called the “Scientific Method” that you should learn about. Without it, we would be stuck in Medieval thinking, where you could make up your own facts, or rely on one experiment.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Do you trust the people in charge in the UK?  Sajid Javid says he's "comfortable" that the double jabbed deaths are only the elderly and sick, who presumably matter no more than the people in care homes Bojo and Hancock killed off in the first wave.  

To me their confidence sounds like the British high command before the Battle of the Somme. They had covered every conceivable angle and fired 1.5 million artillery shells at the German trenches to soften them up, which gave them confidence that the lads would meet only manageable resistance.  When the whistles blew after all this meticulous preparation and they went over the top, 57,000 young men were mown down by machine guns and shell fire on the first day alone.   

No I don't trust them.Even if the predictions are correct and the reductions of 8-10 fold brings the number of deaths down to average flu levels of 0.2% of cases 100,000-150,000 cases per day will result in 200-300 deaths per day which is not your average flu season.It may be more like a bad flu season so if restrictions are required for the new levels of the reduced number of covid deaths then one would expect similar restrictions in a bad flu season which hasn't happened yet but might happen in the future if the tolerance for viral deaths is reduced but that will be for the people to decide.

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No I don't trust them.Even if the predictions are correct and the reductions of 8-10 fold brings the number of deaths down to average flu levels of 0.2% of cases 100,000-150,000 cases per day will result in 200-300 deaths per day which is not your average flu season.It may be more like a bad flu season so if restrictions are required for the new levels of the reduced number of covid deaths then one would expect similar restrictions in a bad flu season which hasn't happened yet but might happen in the future if the tolerance for viral deaths is reduced but that will be for the people to decide.

I think the UK is certainly taking a risk. It’s fairly early in the day to decide for sure that case counts are irrelevant and the focus can be on hospitalizations. Not saying that they aren’t right, just that the decision has come at the very earliest possible moment, and therefore little comfort zone exists.

Then again, the population has suffered from prolonged severe lockdowns and were champing at the bit to get out and about.

If only Thailand had got vaccinations to a decent level before allowing such a lot of travel and social mingling.

but, both countries are where they are, and we shall see how the latest policy decisions for both play out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should be mutual considering the UK has 3x the number of daily new cases of Thailand.

the UK might have 3x as many cases, but most of those have been vaccinated, the main number to look at is the number of people being admitted to hospital and/or Field hospitals

10 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

It's dog eats dog at the top. 

The problem is they are the dregs of society fighting over the carcass at the bottom of the economic barrel.I wouldn't denigrate dogs by comparing them to these ghouls. 

19 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

the UK might have 3x as many cases, but most of those have been vaccinated, the main number to look at is the number of people being admitted to hospital and/or Field hospitals

Last data I saw I think it was 55% or 60% of new cases were fully vaccinated, 40 not. Hospital admissions are rising in UK too...up 55% in the last 7 days. I know it won't be  near as bad as January. But if we get lucky Sunday night, and after July 19th, numbers are going to be high.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

One thing we have learned from the epidemic is not one-off studies are not too useful unless the results are replicated. 

I would say they are useful enough to take action on when it involves saving peoples lives, thankfully those in charge are doing just that and going ahead with giving booster shots to the health workers

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Fantastic # of vaccination last couple of days. July 8 and 9 almost 400k.

Excellent.

yes... except, they're still running 140,000 doses per day short of their own self-stated goal of getting 70% of the population fully vaccinated by the end of the year.

And they're going to fall further and further behind with every passing day that they come up short, including on every weekend thus far when those 300K-400K dose counts drop to 100K or so.

• Like 2