Bangkokians :- The gift that keeps on giving

banglay

39 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I'm sure they would have been interested in a drunken rant by a (properly masked) Pattaya farang.

Bless ! yet another keyboard warrior in his mom &pops basement with the wrong end of the stick  ....Please re-read  the post I not live in Pattaya

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, banglay said:

So much for Bangkokians adhering to the new travel restrictions of  ONLY essential travel ... Just nip to buy so fruit at the local  Market in Bang Saray and 9 out of 10 car have a Bangkok number plate the place is heaving with them  .... and the Sukhumvit heading toward Sattahip is the same all you see is Bangkok registered Car ... get ready for the Fifth/Sixth/seventh +++  wave.     " it's a coming" 

And what really p*ssed me off was a group of young Khun Thais (5) stood next to their new  500S Merc in the 7/11 car park and non of them was wearing a mask 

Thanks Bangkokians you get prioritized and steal Pattaya's vaccines  and then you give diddley squat for everyone else's health and wellbeing  ....."THE GIFT THAT JUST KEEPS ON  F**KING GIVING " 

The new regs come into effect on Monday, so it's "make hay whilst the sun shines". But, yes, stupid to have a grace period, because this is exactly what happens, and stupid go outside of Bangkok, because the virus doesn't hold itself until the ridiculously labelled "lockdown" comes into effect. Without sounding melodramatic, we are well and truly forked. 

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But you did post it in the Pattaya forum.

which other forum could I have posted in to make you happy ?   there is not a Chonburi province specific forum sorry to say ???? 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, banglay said:

Bless ! yet another keyboard warrior in his mom &pops basement with the wrong end of the stick  ....Please re-read  the post I not live in Pattaya

You lamented Bangkokians stealing Pattaya's vaccines and you posted this in the Pattaya forum.

But speaking of keyboard warriors, doesn't the shoe fit? Fit you, that is. You encountered Bangkokians who didn't wear a mask, and instead of confronting them, you came to this forum to complain about them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Caldera said:

You lamented Bangkokians stealing Pattaya's vaccines and you posted this in the Pattaya forum.

But speaking of keyboard warriors, doesn't the shoe fit? Fit you, that is. You encountered Bangkokians who didn't wear a mask, and instead of confronting them, you came to this forum to complain about them.

So would you have confronted five young HiSo Thais. Others are correct this government doesn't care about the masses. They just want to stay in power and they will hope to do that by quelling the young who understand what is happening. Giving up three months salary is nothing to multi-millionaires who if successful with their ploy will get that back many many times over.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, actonion said:

I read they're closing  the pattaya to bangkok motorways between 9pm & 4 am, surely it would be better to close those motorways   4am til 9 pm, infecting fewer maybe

Where did you read this?  My wife is planning to drive Pattaya to Sakon Nakon soon and I don't want her to get jammed up.

49 minutes ago, actonion said:

I read they're closing  the pattaya to bangkok motorways between 9pm & 4 am, surely it would be better to close those motorways   4am til 9 pm, infecting fewer maybe

34 minutes ago, bbko said:

Where did you read this?  My wife is planning to drive Pattaya to Sakon Nakon soon and I don't want her to get jammed up.

Never mind, I researched and found this about the upcoming BKK curfew;

Checkpoints and patrol units will be in Bangkok enforcing laws and curfew measures from 6 pm onward starting today, citing anyone out between 9 pm and 3 am unless they are medical or utility workers travelling to work, or someone needing medical treatment en route to a hospital. Anyone in violation could be charged under the Communicable Disease Act and the Emergency Decree, where the harshest punishments include up to 40,000 baht in fines and 2 years in prison.

Fancy another Pattaya seal off like last year?

With travel permission at city hall/district office? Total chaos on day one.

Total traffic lockdown at Bangkok "borders"?

Dream on.

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The government closed the factories the laborers spread to the provinces. 

The government impose lockdown on Bangkok. People escape the restrictions.

I don’t think that government could better push the spread of Covid to the provinces if they tried. 

Vaccinate and do so fast. 
Not just Bkk, but everywhere.

Not with Sinovac, but AZ… quickly as possible. 

The real issue is lack of vaccines and has been for months. 

Yes, Sinovac is better than nothing, but concentrated efforts need to be made to get AZ and mRNA vaccines distributed.

What's with Thailand's  AZ factory ?   Supposed to be able to make 10 million shots of AZ a month or more.  Could shoot every adult in Bangkok, farang and Thai in 1 month and then roll out to tourist and other areas. No need to sell or complete orders to Phillipppines or other countries till you get a handle on your own problems.

Edited by Tony125

49 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Fancy another Pattaya seal off like last year?

With travel permission at city hall/district office? Total chaos on day one.

Total traffic lockdown at Bangkok "borders"?

Dream on.

No vaccines (Bangkok snaffled them)

Rampant variants (Bangkok welcome to them)

Economy trashed (Except Bangkok)

Superspreaders on the loose (From Bangkok)

HiSos vaccinated (in Bangkok)

How about a Bangkok Kitty Litter-dig a big moat around it (to improve drainage) and pull up the drawbridge!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, actonion said:

The curfew is at night, not during the day.

6 hours ago, chilly07 said:

How about a Bangkok Kitty Litter-dig a big moat around it (to improve drainage) and pull up the drawbridge!

A more likely scenario: impose same restrictions as in Bangkok and add some more (fencing off the beach, no sitting outside bla bla). Same depressive view like last year.

Edited by KhunBENQ