My Condos swimming pool //CLOSED// Yet again today......

redwood1

47 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Yea well..... If you liked to swim often and your condos pool kept closing over and over I am very sure you would not be a happy camper......Swimming has ZERO to do with a pandemic.....

Our Pattaya condo pool and gym have also closed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, newnative said:

Our Pattaya condo pool and gym have also closed. 

Same here since last Saturday along with all indoor common areas. Three big condo blocks and apparently 5 recent Covid cases among residents is the (unofficial) reason. On site branch of 7/11 still open, of course.

• Like 1

Our condo pool & gym in Bangkok is closed too. Although the indoor laundry room in both buildings are open. Not sure what the difference is touching gym equipment and the washers and dryers. The pool is chlorinated so what's up with all this nonsense? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

My Pattaya pool is still open, I've not seen an order to close online or in our condo, talk to a falang committee member

Exactly.......There has been no pool closer order.....So why are pools being closed?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, champers said:

Same here since last Saturday along with all indoor common areas. Three big condo blocks and apparently 5 recent Covid cases among residents is the (unofficial) reason. On site branch of 7/11 still open, of course.

Typical..........I bet 100 times more people go into a 7-11 every day than a swimming pool.......And I bet 1000 times more people go into a supermarket every day than a swimming pool......

But the 7-11s and supermarkets  have NEVER CLOSED from day #1.......

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

Typical..........I bet 100 times more people go into a 7-11 every day than a swimming pool.......And I bet 1000 times more people go into a supermarket every day than a swimming pool......

Sure but getting groceries is a necessity (though delivery options are available). 

• Like 1

Happy that mine is still open. Though there is a system of registering before you go to the pool and a maximum amount of people allowed at any one time. Let's hope there are no further issues and it remains open....at least for me. ????

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think it's obviously about how people tend to congregate socially at pools. It is outdoors though so doesn't seem to be the highest risk. But Delta is very very easy to spread. Also people swimming won't be wearing masks. Sometimes the rules don't make that much sense, but I wouldn't say closing pools is completely irrational. 

While it is true people tend to congregate around pools, I would say people swimming and not wearing masks (?????) would present risk approaching zero.

That's because a pool with any Free Available Chlorine level will kill bacteria 1000 - 2000 nm in diameter. A 125 nm virus is going to be a mere snack in comparison.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

While it is true people tend to congregate around pools, I would say people swimming and not wearing masks (?????) would present risk approaching zero.

That's because a pool with any Free Available Chlorine level will kill bacteria 1000 - 2000 nm in diameter. A 125 nm virus is going to be a mere snack in comparison.

I think it's more about before and after the plunging. 

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

it is not impossible to swim with a mask .... just to topple that remark  as reason to close pool use :wink:

28 minutes ago, david555 said:

it is not impossible to swim with a mask .... just to topple that remark  as reason to close pool use :wink:

It's difficult enough to breathe through a mask as it is, I don't want to think about trying to breathe through one that is wet.

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's difficult enough to breathe through a mask as it is, I don't want to think about trying to breathe through one that is wet.

waw !  than you must have one that is fitting very narrow  ...., as with mine my glasses always have vapor on it (not in the pool of course..) because the exhaust air  beside my nose ...... not a airtight one ...., or maybe my nose bigger than yours :biggrin:

but yes warm it is .... unless being in a pool

Edited by david555

Love to know what Thailands success goal looks like.

Seems to me that they'll use this excuse to enact any law they want til citizens take action and take back their freedoms.

Zero covid will never be a reality.