AstraZeneca Available to Canadians July 19th per Cdn Embassy

lightsidecat

Just got this email from our embassy and thought Canadians in and around Bangkok would be interested .. Time is of the essence... 

Dear Canadian: 

You are receiving this message because you are registered with the Registration of Canadians Abroad as being in Thailand. 

The Embassy of Canada in Bangkok has just been allotted a limited number of AstraZeneca vaccination appointments by the Government of Thailand on Sunday, July 18, 2021 for Canadian Citizens living in the Bangkok area.  The Government of Canada is merely acting as a messenger in this initiative and makes no representations or warranties as to the safety or the efficacy of the vaccination. 

If you would like to be considered for one of these vaccinations by the Thai Government, please send the following information by 12:00 noon on Saturday, July 17 to:  [email protected]     

The subject line of the e-mail should say “Vaccination List”. 

• Name (as it appears in your Canadian passport) 
  • Age in the following format:  YYYY-MM-DD 
  • Email address  
  • Phone number   
  • A photo or scan of your passport that clearly shows your picture, name and date of birth. 

The information above will be provided to the Thai authorities to schedule your appointment.   

Spaces are limited.  Only those who receive an appointment will be contacted.  If we are able to confirm a vaccination time slot for you, you will be informed via e-mail by 20h00 on Saturday, July 17.  In that message, we will inform you of the time and venue where you must report on Sunday, July 18.  If further opportunities for vaccination become available, a new message will be sent out to registrants. At the same time, we encourage you to continue pursuing any other opportunities to register for vaccinations. 

Thank you. 

Embassy of Canada

Bangkok, Thailand

• Like 2

Good news for Canadians living in #Bangkok. The Canadian Embassy (@CanadaThailand)

has just sent out a message saying that they have secured a number of vaccination appointments for their citizens on Sunday. Details on how to apply are in the message. Good luck! #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416008805574352898

5 minutes ago, lightsidecat said:

Per Cdn Govt, Two shots of AZ will get you in no quarantine effective July 5th   So is a single J&J and two shots of both of Pfizer and Moderna.   

Ah gotcha. I was thinking more as a general vaccine passport to destinations in addition to Canada, but I do appreciate you sharing the info.

Also, I'm curious - how are you guys getting emails from the embassy? Do you need to register somewhere? Because they never send me anything lol.

6 minutes ago, lightsidecat said:

Per Cdn Govt, Two shots of AZ will get you in no quarantine effective July 5th   So is a single J&J and two shots of both of Pfizer and Moderna.   

And of course all of EU, UK and other European countries.

AZ used in UK (of course!) and Germany.

Generally it's nice that Bangkok is supplied with vaccines but what might happen if you drive there and back regarding quarantine?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Ah gotcha. I was thinking more as a general vaccine passport to destinations in addition to Canada, but I do appreciate you sharing the info.

Also, I'm curious - how are you guys getting emails from the embassy? Do you need to register somewhere? Because they never send me anything lol.

Easiest is just go on their Bangkok website and they have a place to register which if I recall is pretty easy to find. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And of course all of EU, UK and other European countries.

AZ used in UK (of course!) and Germany.

Generally it's nice that Bangkok is supplied with vaccines but what might happen if you drive there and back regarding quarantine?

For medical it's allowed- have a copy of your appointment when stopped. 

Someone posted here lately -- and I dunno if this is accurate or not -- that some country/countries were only accepting the European version of the AZ vaccine, and not the Thai or South Korean versions, for travel purposes...

Anyone know whether there's any truth to that or not?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Someone posted here lately -- and I dunno if this is accurate or not -- that some country/countries were only accepting the European version of the AZ vaccine, and not the Thai or South Korean versions, for travel purposes...

It's probably dependent on whether or not the local medical authority has approved the vaccine or not.

I know there is an issue for UK citizens who had the Indian produced AZ vaccine because the EMA (European Medicines Agency) haven't yet approved it. Meaning that currently EU countries don't recognise Indian made AZ recipients as vaccinated, I think 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Good news for Canadians living in #Bangkok. The Canadian Embassy (@CanadaThailand)

has just sent out a message saying that they have secured a number of vaccination appointments for their citizens on Sunday. Details on how to apply are in the message. Good luck! #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416008805574352898

I don't see this on the Canadian Embassy Bangkok website at all, whats the deal ?

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes. It's true at the moment. As someone who is primarily concerned with getting vaccinated for the 'vaccine passport' privileges, it's causing me to stew on this a bit, as it doesn't say which 'version' of AZ this is.

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's probably dependent on whether or not the local medical authority has approved the vaccine or not.

I know there is an issue for UK citizens who had the Indian produced AZ vaccine because the EMA (European Medicines Agency) haven't yet approved it. Meaning that currently EU countries don't recognise Indian made AZ recipients as vaccinated, I think 

Yes I have read that as well, there are 3 sets of AstraZeneca Lot numbers manufactured in India, travellers have had entry issues in some countries, my AZ Lot number is A1016, I believe you are good with that, but still trying to find out more about it.......

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Yes I have read that as well, there are 3 sets of AstraZeneca Lot numbers manufactured in India, travellers have entry issues in some countries, my AZ Lot number is A1016, I believe you are good with that, but still trying to find out more about it.......

A1012 is Thailand made.  The confusion around the Indian ones is a paperwork issue and has been solved in some European countries already.

• Like 1

Just now, treetops said:

A1012 is Thailand made.  The confusion around the Indian ones is a paperwork issue and has been solved in some European countries already.

Very well then so A1016 is UK made ???

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

You are receiving this message because you are registered with the Registration of Canadians Abroad as being in Thailand. 

Duh. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

AZ itself is accepted everywhere. There is an issue for some countries regarding foreign made generic equivalents e.g. Indian Covashield - it is accepted in some countries and not in others and in some places the issue is "pending review".  I have not seen anything specific to Thai made AZ one way or the other. it does not seem to have its own name, the vials read Astra Zeneca as does the vaccine card.

Rules regarding vaccination vary by country even within the EU. And are also rapidly changing.

This topic has come up in another thread before. I remember linking to an article that specifically said the Thai AZ and the Indian AZ would both not be accepted in EU at present because they had not passed the required testing as yet. Each different vaccine source needed to pass testing. If I can dig it up again I will post link.