AstraZeneca Available to Canadians July 19th per Cdn Embassy

lightsidecat

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

It's not.  There's another thread advertising it to Aussies, and I think it was mentioned by the British Embasy too.

You would have a link to the British embassy vaccine procurement thing then?

Because I cant find it.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Generally it's nice that Bangkok is supplied with vaccines but what might happen if you drive there and back regarding quarantine?

Normally, coming from Bangkok, there is a quarantine; I had one, two weeks, long time ( in my home ) , I think it's worst in an hotel ( that you have to pay ) 

From British Embassy today 9.05am 16th July......nothing about Astra Zenecca vaccines. 

Thailand Covid-19 vaccination programme

Embassy bulletin 16th July - urgent update

New information in red

We understand this information to be correct at the time of publication but it may change

and Facebook pages to keep up to date

1. (Announced 15th July): You can register your interest to receive a vaccine via the following channels:

1.    Board Of Trade Thailand (available until 11am Friday 16th July)

2.    American Chamber

3.    British Chamber of Commerce Thailand

1. Foreigners in Bangkok, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla can register for a Sinopharm vaccine on Sunday 18th July via the Chulabhorn Royal Academy website

1. Bangkok

New link for MedPark Hospital: https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

Foreigners over the age of 75 who have a Pink ID card can receive a vaccine at Bang Sue Station until 18th July.

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

Ah gotcha. I was thinking more as a general vaccine passport to destinations in addition to Canada, but I do appreciate you sharing the info.

Also, I'm curious - how are you guys getting emails from the embassy? Do you need to register somewhere? Because they never send me anything lol.

On one of the Government websites you can register yourself as abroad if you wish, then you would get the AZ opportunity email I assume. I preferred to be hard to find years ago..........

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You would have a link to the British embassy vaccine procurement thing then?

Because I cant find it.

No link - I got a couple of emails from the FCDO/Embasssy earlier today and I think it was mentioned in one.  I've deleted them though.

ETA: rbkk has just made a post above while I was typing and Bang Sue on Sunday is mentioned in there.  I may have mixed that up with Bang Sue also being the venue for this offering.

44 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

AZ itself is accepted everywhere. There is an issue for some countries regarding foreign made generic equivalents e.g. Indian Covashield - it is accepted in some countries and not in others and in some places the issue is "pending review".  I have not seen anything specific to Thai made AZ one way or the other. it does not seem to have its own name, the vials read Astra Zeneca as does the vaccine card.

Rules regarding vaccination vary by country even within the EU. And are also rapidly changing.

24 minutes ago, rbkk said:

This topic has come up in another thread before. I remember linking to an article that specifically said the Thai AZ and the Indian AZ would both not be accepted in EU at present because they had not passed the required testing as yet. Each different vaccine source needed to pass testing. If I can dig it up again I will post link. 

"However, the EMA report noted that the approval does not cover AstraZeneca vaccines made by South Korea’s SK Bioscience or Thailand’s Siam Bioscience."

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-delegation-to-malaysia-says-all-who-approved-vaccines-are-valid-for-travel-to-eu-including-covishield/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, treetops said:

No link - I got a couple of emails from the FCDO/Embasssy earlier today and I think it was mentioned in one.  I've deleted them though.

ETA: rbkk has just made a post above while I was typing and Bang Sue on Sunday is mentioned in there.  I may have mixed that up with Bang Sue also being the venue for this offering.

So the Bang Sue offer is a Thai initiative to people with a pink ID card over the age of 75.

So essentially there is no link between what the Canadian government is doing and whats on offer to UK citizens.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

My God. First the French, now the Canadians. While us "Leaders of the Free World" are being told to fly home to get jabbed. We've sure got egg on our faces.

Still, it adds some hope though.   Surely America won't want to be the last of the "popular" girls not out on the dance floor.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So the Bang Sue offer is a Thai initiative to people with a pink ID card over the age of 75.

So essentially there is no link between what the Canadian government is doing and whats on offer to UK citizens.

You could be right about the Brits.  Not sure if it's the Canadian Government offering this or just publicising an offer from the Thai government as the Australian Embassy has done.

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

From British Embassy today 9.05am 16th July......nothing about Astra Zenecca vaccines. 

Thailand Covid-19 vaccination programme

Embassy bulletin 16th July - urgent update

New information in red

We understand this information to be correct at the time of publication but it may change

and Facebook pages to keep up to date

2.    American Chamber

The American Chamber link above appears to be broken.

6 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Confirmed. Perhaps they don't work weekends!

What's more, when I look at AmCham's website, FB and Twitter pages, I don't see anything about any current vaccination offerings.

But it looked like there was a MailChimp item in the weblink address you posted, so perhaps that was from email communication they sent out to chamber members, not for public consumption.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Blogger Richard Barrow has posted several times I believe claiming that the Bang Sue walk-in center is accepting older farangs in general. But I've never seen any official confirmation of that, nor can I recall seeing any posts here of farangs without Thai IDs going there to be vaccinated and being successful.

6 hours ago, The Cipher said:

AZ huh? To register or not to register? Do you guys think this'll be acceptable for vaccine passports? I remember reading that some countries weren't recognizing AZ vaccinations for travel privileges (like skipping quarantine)

Where are these recent batches of AZ coming from? The Japanese donated batch or what is being made in here?

The AZ vaccines allocated by Phayathai was only 500 vials, how many are being allocated for the Canadians and Ozzies?

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Blogger Richard Barrow has posted several times I believe claiming that the Bang Sue walk-in center is accepting older farangs in general. But I've never seen any official confirmation of that, nor can I recall seeing any posts here of farangs without Thai IDs going there to be vaccinated and being successful.

There has been at least 1 report of a farang being immunized there

https://aseannow.com/topic/1218852-vaccination-experiences-please-post-here/page/6/

12 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

My God. First the French, now the Canadians. While us "Leaders of the Free World" are being told to fly home to get jabbed. We've sure got egg on our faces.

This morning at about 8:30 am I got a email from US Embassy basically offering the AZ jab with the same type of registration info. The jab would be at 4PM in Bangkok at a site and you had to have registered at a web site. I went to the web site at about 9:30 and it was full already,,,,,,,,,,,so good luck CDN folks.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have been posting since 7th July that I and many others have been vaccinated in Bang Sue. We all live in Pattaya and just 'walked-in'. Most of us were over 75, but by no means all of us. We only needed a Passport. And we got the AZ vaccine. As I posted this possibility was due to end on the 18th July. Sorry you missed the boat!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

I have been posting since 7th July that I and many others have been vaccinated in Bang Sue. We all live in Pattaya and just 'walked-in'. Most of us were over 75, but by no means all of us. We only needed a Passport. And we got the AZ vaccine. As I posted this possibility was due to end on the 18th July. Sorry you missed the boat!

It's only the 17th July today! I haven't heard the fat lady sing yet.