Measures in 10 most strictly controlled provinces to be further escalated

webfact

5 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

All in the terms of the agreement.  By all measures, they should have ordered the Pfizer/Moderna months ago.  They seem fo be in no hurry.

Waiting for Free donations they dont want to spend their own money

• Like 1

Just now, pizzachang said:

Are you a virologist?  What proof do you offer for your claim?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeze. Even China admits their vaccine is weak.
https://apnews.com/article/china-gao-<deleted>-vaccines-offer-low-protection-coronavirus-675bcb6b5710c7329823148ffbff6ef9#:~:text=BEIJING (AP) — China's top,considered to boost their effectiveness.

11 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

In short, limiting opening hours is not only ineffective, but increases risk.

Good, a rational conclusion.  Destroying an economy to save high risk people, seems like it's not very well thought out. Most likely, everyone in the entire world, who is relatively healthy will have immunity, even if they don't get a vaccine. A better solution would have been (IMO) to use resource money to vaccinate the "at risk" population first, then the age group that has the next highest risk, and on down the line. The way this is going and the rhetoric out of "WHO" , seems to imply that there IS NO END of this "pandemic".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lujanit said:

Here is a radical thought.  Try vaccinating the people with a quality vaccine.  Sinovac doesn't count as a quality vaccine.

Here's a more radical thought - let's get enough vaccines to inoculate the people!

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Here's a more radical thought - let's get enough vaccines to inoculate the people!

Good idea, how please? 

The vaccines are leaving the makers as fast as they roll off the production line. The next few months production is ordered and paid for already.

Yes, a big mistake was made in not ordering sooner, but that doesn't currently matter.  The problem for now is how to get them fast, and I don't see an answer in the short term.

The only ones that seem to be readily available are the Chinese versions, but they're pretty much useless against the newer strains.

Does anyone have an answer - not a moan or a recrimination, but an actual answer?

10 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Stop wasting time and money with Sinovac!!!! Do your jobs and protect the people in the country already!!!

Radical words. 2 sinovac jabs and a further booster from another brand by the end of this yr is pretty good to be honest. Thailand doesnt have any other options at the moment and thus one cant be too radical like you

52 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Malaysia is phasing out sinovac because it is garbage. They will not be getting anymore and replacing it with mRNA vaccines. Did you get 50 cents for your Chinese misinformation post?

What is China using for its own people? Does anyone know if people are still falling down in the street in China or being welded into their apartments? Surely if this is as dangerous as our friends in media and gov't tell us China would have over a million dead now considering the size of their population. How have they kept the factories running to supply the world?

I hope this helps until the vaccines can get distributed. I’m sure the government doesn’t want to hurt businesses. Their backs are up against the wall. Without enough vaccines what can they do but hope lockdowns help. There are a lot of very smart people in medicine there. Now that there is so much COVID inside Thailand the infection is from within the country. It is hard to imagine that COVID can be stopped by lockdowns without vaccines but perhaps it is the only thing that can be done until vaccines arrive. I surely feel for the decision makers. They are going through some tough times right now and have to make tough choices for the good of Thailand. Let us hope that the vaccine shortage ends soon and this disease get over with.   

2 hours ago, pissedoff2am said:

What is China using for its own people? Does anyone know if people are still falling down in the street in China or being welded into their apartments? Surely if this is as dangerous as our friends in media and gov't tell us China would have over a million dead now considering the size of their population. How have they kept the factories running to supply the world?

This is good Point. Maybe they have so many People / Workers that even a huge Amount 0f Covid Casualties would not create a significant Gap ? 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesperson for the CCSA, Apisamai Srirangsan, said at a press conference this afternoon that people were not taking overnight “stay at home” restrictions in Bangkok and other areas seriously enough...

You mean like the way this clown car administration didn't take the acquisition of vaccines seriously enough?

On 7/17/2021 at 3:44 AM, RichardColeman said:

Do they seriously think Thais are about to start using what little money they have now to start buying tests every 3-5 days ? 

They get more ludicrous daily

Are you in Thailand? The thing is people in work, and that is still the great majority, have buckets of money to spend but very little to spend it on. 

• Like 1

Live with it till you get the vaccines. Not many cried over the high body county in the USA, and their economy was hardly dented. Sweeden too. Many lives willl be lost too late now. Blame it all on China later and cancel those stupid subs and the high speed train unless they cough up trillions in reparatations. Xi would get that. 

On 7/17/2021 at 4:12 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Bet the CCSA lost a lot of face claiming the peak had past 2 months ago "now" but carry on with the wrecking ball your doing a fine job1571205078_ThinkingSam.png.90632d409b6831e9114b651f463f58c5.png

Hey at least they have the Sandbox to make them billions again, While people get sick and die 

All motorcycle riders will be required to be outfitted with oxygen face masks. Oxygen cylinders can be refilled at any Tesco Lotus, Big C or Makro location ????

image.png.2f7969cb4d74ad8b692e995efae6b1f2.png

Edited by Thomas J

I forecast big changes and restrictions implemented on Monday or Tuesday. I don't see any other way. Theres so many people (Thai and Foreign) who are ignoring the current recommendations that theres no other way now. The restrictions must be legally binding and enforced, until more are vaccinated.

I was just at my local Tesco, Chang was flying off the shelves with people buying case loads. I hope theres no booze ban, life has so few pleasures left at the moment.

18 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Good idea, how please? 

The vaccines are leaving the makers as fast as they roll off the production line. The next few months production is ordered and paid for already.

Yes, a big mistake was made in not ordering sooner, but that doesn't currently matter.  The problem for now is how to get them fast, and I don't see an answer in the short term.

The only ones that seem to be readily available are the Chinese versions, but they're pretty much useless against the newer strains.

Does anyone have an answer - not a moan or a recrimination, but an actual answer?

Noted. But the wait-time for delivery doesn't even start to run until the firm orders are made - and I suspect the Czar hasn't yet made actual orders for say the 110 million quality vaccines that are needed.

Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel may be a way off once orders are made, but at present there is no light - other than local production of AZ at 5 million a month (?) - which would take nearly two years to roll out enough quantity (and assuming it proves to be of adequate quality).

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:44 AM, RichardColeman said:

Do they seriously think Thais are about to start using what little money they have now to start buying tests every 3-5 days ? 

They get more ludicrous daily

Rich mans thinking !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whale said:

I forecast big changes and restrictions implemented on Monday or Tuesday. I don't see any other way. Theres so many people (Thai and Foreign) who are ignoring the current recommendations that theres no other way now. The restrictions must be legally binding and enforced, until more are vaccinated.

I was just at my local Tesco, Chang was flying off the shelves with people buying case loads. I hope theres no booze ban, life has so few pleasures left at the moment.

I will quarantine 24 hours a day just dont ban Booze I can get that delivered

• Like 1

2 hours ago, law ling said:

Noted. But the wait-time for delivery doesn't even start to run until the firm orders are made - and I suspect the Czar hasn't yet made actual orders for say the 110 million quality vaccines that are needed.

Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel may be a way off once orders are made, but at present there is no light - other than local production of AZ at 5 million a month (?) - which would take nearly two years to roll out enough quantity (and assuming it proves to be of adequate quality).

I dont have a answer, you are spot on. For some reason this government does not want to buy western vaccines. I think I know why. 

On 7/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I wonder what will constitute a travel letter?  Can I write it myself?  I guess we'll know later this weekend.

My partner is sick in Bangkok, she went to hospital doctor told her no room at hospital and gave her prescription telling her to go home to Khukan, gave her a letter. But she is too sick to travel so he said "Stay in room"  consultation over, no covid check.