Measures in 10 most strictly controlled provinces to be further escalated

webfact

On 7/17/2021 at 11:19 AM, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

If the govt. escalated the vaccine availability instead of seemingly doing everything they can to stop the importation of effective vaccines then maybe they wouldn't need to escalate measures such as these.

Stop wasting time and money with Sinovac!!!! Do your jobs and protect the people in the country already!!!

Hang on a minute. Somebody has to make some money out of this.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:14 PM, dave moir said:

The vaccine seems to do <deleted> anyway!!!! You can still get Covid you can still transmit Covid!!

Yes, but it is said that the effects are much milder if you contract the virus.

Edited by Huckenfell

32 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

My partner is sick in Bangkok, she went to hospital doctor told her no room at hospital and gave her prescription telling her to go home to Khukan, gave her a letter. But she is too sick to travel so he said "Stay in room"  consultation over, no covid check.

Hope she gets better soon mate

Edited by ChipButty

People advised to only go out if necessary. You can still go to the office if you can't work from home. What exactly are the new restrictions? What about pools, parks, gyms, beaches, hair salons? 

Is the only change 50% capacity for public transportation? As clear as mud as usual. 

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Hope she gets better soon mate

Thanks mate, it is rather stressful me being trapped in Oz and her in a unit in BKK alone. Her boss died of covid 10 days ago, so i am praying that she only has some kind of flu. I think that se had the Sinovac injection.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, bbabythai said:

Radical words. 2 sinovac jabs and a further booster from another brand by the end of this yr is pretty good to be honest. Thailand doesnt have any other options at the moment and thus one cant be too radical like you

And 3 jabs x how many million people equals how many million jabs. 

The only problem is that Thailand does not have that many million vaccines and is unlikely to acquire them in the near future. 

On 7/17/2021 at 4:35 PM, PEE TEE said:

I saw another company do the same last week cant remember which one but i recon will have the domino effect with the rise in numbers can you blame them? .  They should reimburse the premium 

Yes, this is number two to shut down.

18 minutes ago, rott said:

The only problem is that Thailand does not have that many million vaccines and is unlikely to acquire them in the near future. 

They are careful not mention the 2nd shot much at all. if at all.  They do state x amount of people vaccinated but don't say fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:02 PM, superal said:

Boedog , you are a radical thinker and nothing wrong with that accept that we are discussing Thailand affairs where the main consideration starts with money. Don't know about the rest of the western world but in the UK there are free food banks for people with little or no money . Government protection against non payment of house rent and energy bills . Free covid testing and also free DIY home test kits available from most pharmacies . None of the aforementioned exist in Thailand  . The military government is taking care of its own and the very rich whilst the man in the street is just a number .The Thai foreign reserves are rich and will not be touched at any cost soas to keep the Thai baht strong at any cost , so we will always fail to understand the Thai way of thinking unless we put money as the first consideration .

Chinese thinking outweighs all in Thailand.

On 7/17/2021 at 3:44 AM, RichardColeman said:

Do they seriously think Thais are about to start using what little money they have now to start buying tests every 3-5 days ? 

They get more ludicrous daily

and if admit to testing positive lose even more money

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

My partner is sick in Bangkok, she went to hospital doctor told her no room at hospital and gave her prescription telling her to go home to Khukan, gave her a letter. But she is too sick to travel so he said "Stay in room"  consultation over, no covid check.

I had COVID, and this is exactly what I was told by the doctor here in Europe, so perfectly acceptable and the only way to do it IMO

you only go hospitals if things get worse,

no point filling up hospital beds for normal symptoms,

2 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

I had COVID, and this is exactly what I was told by the doctor here in Europe, so perfectly acceptable and the only way to do it IMO

you only go hospitals if things get worse,

no point filling up hospital beds for normal symptoms,

She has extreme difficulty with her breathing, did you have that problem.

53 minutes ago, garygooner said:

People advised to only go out if necessary. You can still go to the office if you can't work from home. What exactly are the new restrictions? What about pools, parks, gyms, beaches, hair salons? 

Is the only change 50% capacity for public transportation? As clear as mud as usual. 

Yes, not much has changed.  The definition of what is and what isn't "necessary" is key!

Just now, Huckenfell said:

Just now, Huckenfell said:

Also, no point in going to hospital, no room !

4 hours ago, Whale said:

I forecast big changes and restrictions implemented on Monday or Tuesday. I don't see any other way. Theres so many people (Thai and Foreign) who are ignoring the current recommendations that theres no other way now. The restrictions must be legally binding and enforced, until more are vaccinated.

I was just at my local Tesco, Chang was flying off the shelves with people buying case loads. I hope theres no booze ban, life has so few pleasures left at the moment.

Since the Population is not vaccinated I presume the only way is total lockdown to stop the highly infectious Delta Variant or Hospitals and hospitalizations will be a massive problem  ...

3 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I did for a few hours, could be panic too, last day it went out of control so I called the emergency, turns out that simple anti-biotics did the job, but yeah, I felt like <deleted> for 10 days, and then it took another 3 weeks to recover from the fatigue and lost of weight

2 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

Since the Population is not vaccinated I presume the only way is total lockdown to stop the highly infectious Delta Variant or Hospitals and hospitalizations will be a massive problem  ...

too late, lockdowns will create nice little clusters since the disease spread better indoor

people should stay outside, with large social distance, walk in park etc...

Chonburi just got shut down for ANY gathering for drinking - more than one person drinking together illegal. My friends and I are gonna try a Zoom meeting with beer. Are we possibly in danger?

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

too late, lockdowns will create nice little clusters since the disease spread better indoor

people should stay outside, with large social distance, walk in park etc...

Im a great believer in fresh air my house is quite high up we get a lovely breeze blowing through the house, and I only live 3 km from the beach 

Huckenfell, I am glad that your partner stayed at the hospital as they have oxygen there that will help her

breathing problems, as well as staff and other medications that can help.  Difficulty in breathing is one huge

reason to be in the hospital.  Even a normal flu does not affect your breathing like the COVID does.

There are still a few posters that will say, Oh it is just like the flu. They are extremely lucky if they really

had COVID and did not get the bad symptoms. I think that Thailand will have many more people get COVID

with the Delta variant and Lambda variant now in the country. The pandemic is not over for sure.

Geezer

20 hours ago, rott said:

Its now possible to pre-order the moderna vaccine via several private hospitals. They are telling us that we can get it by the year end. I just bought one for my wife and staff. Personally I will wait for the P jab or J&J

• Like 1