Covid regulation flaunting: Bangkok police bust drugs/drink birthday party in Sukhumvit Hotel

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A call from a member of the public brought Thong Lo police to a room at a Sukhumvit Soi 31 hotel yesterday at 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

There they found 21 men and women enjoying music and chatting at a birthday party. 

There were alcoholic drinks, balloons and a birthday cake in Room 2001 at the S31 Hotel. 

Patima Khamsuk was identified as the man who had rented the room. He was also found in possession of four bags of ketamine and was charged with possessing the Class 2 narcotic.

All the party-goers were taken to Thong Lo police station on charges of violating the Covid-19 rules on congregating. 

Eight were found with methamphetamine in their systems after a purple result on urine tests. A further six had taken ketamine. 

These 14 were additionally charged with taking illegal drugs, reported Thai Rath

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-17

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Eight were found with methamphetamine in their systems after a purple result on urine tests. A further six had taken ketamine. 

I don't find the attraction in all this drug taking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eeworldwide said:

Why on earth should we hear any more about it?! It's just a pretty normal gathering of grown folks enjoying a birthday bash, albeit during covid times when they shouldn't have been gathering in a group of more than 5.

Non-story - move on!

Quite a bit more of a non-story as far as I’m concerned.  On Thursday morning 15 July, I booked a non-refundable 2 night stay at another “S” hotel 8 blocks away. Within one hour of my booking confirmation, that other “S” hotel sent me an email to advise me that they had “transferred” my reservation to S31; to wit: “Therefore to make sure that customers stay in healthy environment. All bookings from S15 Sukhumvit Hotel will be complimentary relocated and upgrade to S31 Sukhumvit Hotel (5 star)…At S31 Sukhumvit Hotel, we provide “S HOTEL WE CARE + Program with SHA Certificate Thailand (Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration)” as a basic protective measures against the expo sure to and transmission of the circumstance.”

That email from the “S” hotel that had accepted my reservation and non-refundable payment included the assurance that the reservation at S31 could be cancelled and payment would be refunded if the client desired. I called the original “S” hotel to cancel my reservation and refund my payment; they directed me to contact S31. I did, and the attendant said that she would have “Reservations”department call me back. That was 6 hours ago and no one has called. I did cancel the reservation online, but the confirmation of the cancellation still stated the payment was non-refundable. I’m not concerned about that bit- I’ll have my credit card company refuse making payment. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I don't find the attraction in all this drug taking?

Some people enjoy a rich red wine, some like a pint of beer, some like a good strong coffee. Can you see the attraction in any of these?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dont confuse me said:

Are the MiB given vaccination priority? 

Are the people taken into custody tested not only for drugs but Covid-19? 

If not they should be and be made to pay for it.

Otherwise you have the potential of 21 <deleted> and several police catching and transmitting the virus!

I couldnt care less let them transmit the virus and they all die, this is getting plain stupid now 

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

I count 10 females in the photo, so pretty much 50/50 of the 21 there.

Yes. Very keen eye my friend. I need to get some Thai friends to invite me to these things. The thai police probably let them off with a warning as long as they are invited to the next one. 

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

Just looking at the comments on this post I wonder whether any poster was actually ever young or was just born a 65 year curmudgeon.

Ooh I was young. And those young Thai women would have had their hands full back in my day. 

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

No Pretties? Not much of a party then

Pretties are concerned with modeling  and marketing events such as promotions. They are rarely part of the P4P nightlife scene.  You appear to know nothing about the issue. Have you ever been to Thailand?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Pretties are concerned with modeling  and marketing events such as promotions. They are rarely part of the P4P nightlife scene.  You appear to know nothing about the issue. Have you ever been to Thailand?

No pretties has ever accepted 4 pay 'eNtertaining' job ever? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, albegood said:

Sure, they were all speed and ketamine at an illegal  birthday party if there is such a thing. And their pee turned purple! Hahahahah!

And the BS from Thailand just gets better and better!

Edited by albegood

On 7/17/2021 at 3:58 AM, eeworldwide said:

Why on earth should we hear any more about it?! It's just a pretty normal gathering of grown folks enjoying a birthday bash, albeit during covid times when they shouldn't have been gathering in a group of more than 5.

Non-story - move on!

During a national emergency and health crisis when people are dying.  four bags of ketamine.  Hardly a non-story, as some examples and punishment probably should be set to persuade other people to not break the rules