Thailand expands lockdown areas as COVID-19 cases surge

webfact

Just now, riverhigh said:

"Tougher measures designed to keep people in high risk areas mostly at home will be introduced from Tuesday"

Why not not suspend the unecessary "90 day report" to keep people away fom mulling around in a confined place. I know, I know I'm asking too much from the small bureacratic mind. 

Or do it on-line or by mail...... 

This is not an issue for the wider Thai population being impacted by Covid.... more about queuing for any food distribution.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Interesting that they now consider tourists for reopening programs in the same category as medical flights and emergency landings !

No they don't.  They consider them safe to move around the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Do you believe that that there are currently mass infections and deaths in China?

Maybe I do not quite get what you mean by deaths? Opposite of living? You check what it is like with their restrictions and tell me you think that is living.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

AFAIK there is only one country that managed to effectively control the spread of the Virus . That is China . And how did they manage this ? Remember ? Strict lockdown for whole regions . And testing .

But Thai government helped to spread the virus by allowing people to move to their home provinces from Bkk for Songkran etc .

Instead of being hard and imposing tough measures when it was time for that , they did too little . And no foresight of what probably will happen , at all . 

The mess they ( and us ) are in now could have been avoided by more intelligent measures when it was time for that .

Foresight and intelligence!!?? There is a very serious lack of both. There always has been and I don't see it changing anytime soon. The ฿ beats any other consideration and always will.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Singapore, s Korea Barbados,. A number of countries dealt with the virus by containing it with lockdowns and vaccinating aggressively ASAP.

All counties in East Asia initially battled the least infectious D614 variant. The much more infectious G614 variant was established early in Europe and the US. Now, even worse variants are coming back to E Asia. That does not mean lock downs did not help somewhat initially.

Good thing we now have vaccines. Or at least talk about them in some places..

• Like 2