Thai government does not discriminate against foreigners, says minister

webfact

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

No mention though of foreign retirees or spouses then? On purpose? ☹️

What's more important, retired foreigners living in their penthouse in Sakhon Nakhon with their 50k a month or temporary unemployed working foreigners getting 8k a month?

<deleted>, retirees get lots of benefits from the govt. already. How many countries do you know where foreigners can retire so easily and comfortably? 

As a Thai, if I want to retire to the USA, I need to invest 16,000,000 baht. USA people coming here need to pay 1,900 baht a year and show they have enough funds to survive. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, connda said:

Try living in my skin Suchart.  Remember Anutin.  "Ai farang.  Ai farang nak tang-tiow."
"**** farangs!  ***** farang tourists!"  We're all well loved by you people. 

He had a valid point; he was handing out free masks at the start of a world pandemic and mostly farang wouldn't take them. Guess you have a selective memory. 

Although generally farang are not liked, they are accepted and tolerated. Get over it. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

I got a big laugh out of that.  What about every time a hospital has an registration for  moderna vaccine it always in Thai.  They never give an English person a chance to register for the vaccine.   The government is not be truthful to the people.

Why should it be in English?  Thais in the US/UK have to learn English, the governments there don't have Thai on the registration forms. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, connda said:

My memory is fine.  Bye bye.

So you don't want to discuss it? OK, fine. 

Thai people accepted and wore the masks, foreigners didn't. This might be the reason the US or UK have suffered much more than Thailand during Covid. 

USA is 4/5 times the size of Thailand but has had 169 times more deaths. UK is the same size and has had 35 time more deaths. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Far more foreigners where?

And can you be clear by what you by “foreigner”?

Birmingham has a very large amount of foreigners, more than say, Khon Kaen. Birmingham has 240,000 citizens that were not born in the UK! 

Foreigner means someone that is not a citizen of the country they are in. 

Birmingham also has a large number of ethnic Asians, but the have mostly integrated into the culture, becoming citizens, unlike foreigners here who prefer not to integrate, yet complain profusely when they are not treated as such. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why should it be in English?  Thais in the US/UK have to learn English, the governments there don't have Thai on the registration forms. 

Only because there is no room for Thai because there are so many other languages on it already!  ????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Then why is double pricing declared legal? 

Locals get discount, like many places in the world, including the UK and US.

In Australia, 3 years ago, I was charged 5,000 baht more for a game of golf than my Australian friend. 

Royal Melbourne golf club. Actually, in DisneyWorld, locals paid less than my Thai family. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2