Thai government does not discriminate against foreigners, says minister

webfact

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I'm remembering the first part of the pandemic when only Thais were allowed on public busses. Government was fine with that. Wat Pho barred non-Thais. Government was fine with that. The government did demand that a restaurant owner up North take down a sign he had put in the window that said "No Chinese." So, they sometimes don't support it.

With a pandemic starting in China, it's understandable why Chinese tourists were not welcome,. Of course, many businesses owned by Thai/Chinese would not do this as they don't like losing money. 

This was not about farang, as many here would like it to be, especially the English media spreading fake news and mistranslations just for clicks. 

It was worse in Australia where a man had a heart attack and no one helped him as he was Chinese. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, malthebluff said:

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief while on the phone to the Guinness book of records as  this as got to be the biggest lie ever told 

Even bigger than the unelected PM when he said there will be no coup? Or about bringing happiness to the people? I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on. Oh! I give up.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Look again at Thai Public Hospitals and Government hospitals which many of us use.  Maybe private hospitals charge more, but they charge everyone that uses them the same prices for the most part.  I am sure you might be amazed at how it is different when you see the articles and links I included.  I know you were trying to make a point, but unfortunately you could be possibly incorrect.

https://thailand-construction.com/thailand-government-hospitals-permitted-to-charge-retirees-and-expats-more-than-thais/

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/dual-pricing-foreigners-legal-thai-public-hospitals/

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/foreigners-crying-foul-over-the-new-dual-pricing-policy-at-thai-public-hospitals

https://pattayatoday.net/thai-hospitals-can-now-legally-charge-foreigners-higher-fees/

Thai public hospitals can now legally charge foreign nationals higher rates for services under new regulations published Friday. More than dual-pricing, the new regs set four tiers of rates that can be charged based on a patient’s visa status. Treatment costs are set at four levels. Thai nationals, foreigners from neighboring countries and working foreigners on non-immigrant visas. The fourth group consists of tourists and retirees.

Thanks for the links. 

I actually said there was no international hospital charging more based on race, and stand by that. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, Shuya said:

As long as they are cheap labor from Cambodia and Burma working in the factories of the ruling elite, they will take care they don't drop dead. 

The only reason that these people are working in the factories and elsewhere is because the Thais don’t want to do the work.

I live in the North of Chiang Mai Province and the people from Burma will not work for low rates, nor should they, if you want them you have to pay a decent rate of pay. 

Removed a post that claimed others were paid to post. If you have any actual evidence please forward it to support. If it's just a lame debating tactic, further references like that may find you without posting rights. 

A post using a trolling image containing profane language has been removed. 

12 minutes ago, Casesrisingpanic said:

Thank you for the arrogant lecture and condescension. 

The point was and still is valid. 

Get over it. 

Maybe valid to aggrieved and self-pitying white people. But not so much to others and certainly not relevant to the topic at hand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Casesrisingpanic said:

Let's be blunt. Most Asian countries are rabidly racist and xenophobic, anyone who has traveled and worked in these countries know that without any doubt. 

But somehow, the narrative is that only one race is racist..... Imagine that. 

Perhaps all countries should adapt the Japanese immigration policies? 

Why is it that racists spend so much time arguing that other things or people are racist. Don't they understand that that is in itself a glaring example of racism?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It's 900% more too.....

Discussion is Thailand not Australia... see post #1.

Discussion is more than Thailand to add balance to the Thai bashers assuming local discount only happens here. 180 baht is a fair price, the locals get a big discount, do you have an issue with that?

I never liked paying more than 5000 baht more than my brother in law because I was not Australian, but I never moaned about it on Australian expat forums. Likewise in US forums about paying more than locals at Disneyworld, which was a waste of money, one photo with Goofy was more than 3 times your 180 baht entrance fee. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

Germany has learned from past mistakes , shame that Thailand hasn't , military regimes dont work !

Yes - you ca compare Thailand's post war performance with its neighbours.

The ones who kept militaristic regimes are still struggling whilst Japan and Korea have come on in leaps and bounds - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

I think you will find that the thread topic relates to discrimination.

The above is a glaring example of discrimination , correct ?

You realise that discrimination and racial discrimination are not the same?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

I think you will find that the thread topic relates to discrimination.

The above is a glaring example of discrimination , correct ?

What is "the above"? 

1 hour ago, Thunglom said:

Wokes throw the racial thing into everything, very sad. 

Obviously, nationality is different to race. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Thunglom said:

3 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Yes .

Strictly speaking 'xenophobic prejudice 'should be used in certain cases rather than the term 'racism'.

Im guessing its more a case of lazy speech in most instances rather than a deliberate attempt to downplay racial discrimination.

• Like 2