Thai government does not discriminate against foreigners, says minister

webfact

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

What ever hes on i want some????????

Since when did his crowd ever care about anybody who is not Thai?

Since when did his crowd ever care about anybody who is not them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeeTua said:

Thanks. I tried to point that out earlier but it just falls on deaf ears. The Thai bashing whiners are up in arms because of the inaccurate headline translation. Ridiculous to be calling the man a liar when they haven't a clue what the story is really about.

They read what they want not what is actually written, then of course need to read past the headline which is challenging for many ????

of course it does not change how poorly Thais and government treats both , migrant workers and foreigners but this OP is NOT about us 

Edited by BestB

Guys,

We definitely do know that Thailand does discriminate against all foreigners to varying degrees.

They look down on Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia. They tolerate the white faced foreigners only, every black person to them is either a drug dealer or involved in a romance scam, in a country that still calls black people Negroes!

They constantly blame everything from littering to the state of the nation on foreigners. They operate discriminate policies in tourist sites, two tier pricing and it is all the result of lousy education and a completely biased society not based on skills or education but on who you know and your family name.

Those allegedly in charge, that removed legitimate government are out of touch, cliquey, the government reeks of cronyism and the whole government is an uneducated basket case that refuses to listen to educated professionals.

• Like 2

1 ready meal a day provided for migrant workers locked up....

Curios to know,

How many ready meal a day provided to Thai criminals in prison?

Equal? More? 

( Dare to think not less than 1)...

So are these migrants workers treated equal to criminals? Worse?

( Dare to think with 1 meal a day not much better surely)

Edited by tingtong
  • Like 2

555, Oh my Buddah- "Thailand's Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin has assured the press that the policies of Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha and his deputy DMP Prawit Wongsuwon do not discriminate against foreigners in any way" Then Minister Suchart Chomklin, please explain why this goverment still allows and even defends "Dual Pricing" for non Thai? He can not use the excues that Farangs are dirty - thats's the health minster's line 555. He can't say farangs leave more trash as I have seen it it the locals that leave rubbish where they go, just look on the Sois, in fact I see Farangs picking up rubbish everywhere I go.

How many "farangs" have been to a vaccination site where they are refused because of "Thai only" ?  No discrimination, no.  Typical Thai bureaucracy with local rules and no oversight or negative consequences from higher authority. Sad state of affairs.  The goobamint doesn't have a good grip on the handlebars. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister said that his system for the health and well being of foreign workers was efficient, up to date and can be adjusted to the demands of the pandemic.

I thought something was being done to stem the flow of fake news?

20 hours ago, outsider said:

Yeah, that's what you lot say when you need something from them dirty foreigners. Otherwise, foreigners are blamed for almost anything and everything - including why you didn't have your no. 2 this morning. Out with it now - what do you all want this time?

Your millions.. still the same.

2 minutes ago, oobar said:

My wife and I are two of them.

I'm remembering the first part of the pandemic when only Thais were allowed on public busses. Government was fine with that. Wat Pho barred non-Thais. Government was fine with that. The government did demand that a restaurant owner up North take down a sign he had put in the window that said "No Chinese." So, they sometimes don't support it.

• Like 1