Thai government does not discriminate against foreigners, says minister

webfact

1 hour ago, Casesrisingpanic said:

But somehow, the narrative is that only one race is racist

Has anyone said that, or is it only in your imagination? This is a Thai-centric forum, with discussion about Thailand. Perhaps you are are unable to understand that. But it was your first post, so you have plenty of time to learn.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Before you all get excited and pop an artery , this is not about you , by foreigners they are talking about migrant labor ie Cambodian and Burmese and Laotian 

I though they where illegal aliens rounded up after a contract is finished sometimes unpaid.

Burmese can be cover for local crime.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Don't know about others, but for the 30 odd years i have been living in this country i have always felt like a second class person and always "a Gust" here and the treatments were in-kind of a second class person...

I have to say, I have thought we are getting a perspective on the treatment of non-whites in some Euro centric nations, e.g. the USA, and I well remember my UK relatives remarking about "<deleted>".

Interesting that the sobriquet for "Worthy Oriental Gentleman" is disallowed.????

Edited by Kwaibill
Expansion
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What's more important, retired foreigners living in their penthouse in Sakhon Nakhon with their 50k a month or temporary unemployed working foreigners getting 8k a month?

<deleted>, retirees get lots of benefits from the govt. already. How many countries do you know where foreigners can retire so easily and comfortably? 

As a Thai, if I want to retire to the USA, I need to invest 16,000,000 baht. USA people coming here need to pay 1,900 baht a year and show they have enough funds to survive. 

Show us where somebody on 50,000 baht can afford a penthouse.

A quick look shows they go for around 75,000 and up.

If you are a retiree you have to prove 65,000/month.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

What ever hes on i want some????????

Since when did his crowd ever care about anybody who is not Thai?

They don't even care about most who are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

I have to say, I have thought we are getting a perspective on the treatment of non-whites in some Euro centric nations, e.g. the USA, and I well remember my UK relatives remarking about "<deleted>".

Interesting that the sobriquet for "Worthy Oriental Gentleman" is disallowed.????

It's Wiley not Worthy.

"Thailand's Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin has assured the press that the policies of Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha and his deputy DMP Prawit Wongsuwon do not discriminate against foreigners in any way."

If this is a statement of truth and integrity, the following statements are therefore also embedded in truth and integrity:

- that's just a cold sore baby, don't worry

- I'll still love you in the morning

- you hansum man and I love you long time

8 hours ago, outsider said:

Yeah, that's what you lot say when you need something from them dirty foreigners. Otherwise, foreigners are blamed for almost anything and everything - including why you didn't have your no. 2 this morning. Out with it now - what do you all want this time?

Almost certainly the precursor to an attempt to ponce some more decent vaccines for "boosters for their people". All those soldiers, policemen and civil servants may be getting a bit humpy at having been given what is turning out to be a bit second best...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin has assured the press that the policies of Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha and his deputy DMP Prawit Wongsuwon do not discriminate against foreigners in any way.

The Thai government charge more for foreigners to enter National Parks and Monuments (e.g. Grand Palace) than they charge Thais.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Before you all get excited and pop an artery , this is not about you , by foreigners they are talking about migrant labor ie Cambodian and Burmese and Laotian 

Thanks. I tried to point that out earlier but it just falls on deaf ears. The Thai bashing whiners are up in arms because of the inaccurate headline translation. Ridiculous to be calling the man a liar when they haven't a clue what the story is really about.

Edited by KeeTua
  • Haha 1