Thailand reports daily record of 15,335 coronavirus cases, 129 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

59 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Well many on here have said 20,000 in August and it is definitely heading there. Now over 4000 deaths and tomorrow into the 500,000 club for total infections on the covid charts. 

From this work up on July 19 I got over 900,000 total infections in two weeks. So see numbers  on August 2 

Screenshot_2021-07-20-08-09-06-35.jpg

25 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It's not false at all.  The US managed to secure over 1 BILLION doses into their stockpile, and many other countries have been able to meet their needs as well. 

Thailand is NOT a third world country, despie what many people believe.  It is one of the wealthiest asian nations in the region, and has the financial resources to have handled vaccine procurement from the global market FAR BETTER than they have managed so far.

They  could have done far better had they not resorted to playing political games back in December when they delayed approval of foreing brands of vaccines as a tactic to favor home-based vaccines.  Even today, Thailand still plays these political games instead of just getting down to the business of getting vaccines into the country by whatever means possible.

Today there are supplies of vaccines out there on the global market for countries determined to secure them.  Thailand is NOT doing everything possible to do that, not by a long stretch.

it hurts them to spend money unless there is some flexible accounting included - China seems to be very fexible  

• Like 2

I have never seen another countries or states case count go  up there n such a contained manner.   It's like the case numbers but resistance.  As if there is wide open, free and easy access to testing.  We have heard that hospitals stopped testing because they were full. Or out of test supplies.  I believe the real numbers are 2-3 times higher.   In the US you could schedule a test online at any test center.  Many are drive through  most pharmacirs offer testing as well as doctor offices. You still see trailers and staff parked in parking lots here and there.  The two I pass by have had zero cars numerous times.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

Go to google maps and search Saha farms. They have several large chicken processing factories in lining route 21.

The one in the news is only being tested now because the local hospital informed the relevant authority of cases who had come to the hospital and tested positive at that particular factory.

So.....will they now test at all the other factories or just sit on their hands until somebody from one of the other branches turns up ill at a hospital.

Workers at those other factories might leave and look for employment elsewhere ( again ) spreading the disease further.

You would hope that by now factories would have been identified as high risk for Covid cases and frequent testing is taking place. But it seems probably not. My wife says 17 workers at a sugar can factory/refinery in Udon has 17 positive cases out of a workforce of 600. More tests yet to come back of course.

not all factories can be closed. But testing and safer Covid work practices ARE possible given the will to implement them.

• Like 2

April 23, 2021, Nation Newspaper:

“The government aims to procure 100 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine for 50 million people before the year-end, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Friday evening.”

July 24, 2021:

“The news comes after the Prime Minister's Office on Friday said that 13 million more vaccine doses will be administered throughout August - 8 million AstraZeneca doses and 5 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine.

As of Friday, Thailand had administered approximately 15.4 million vaccine doses.”

Dec 24, 2021:

“Prime Minister Prayut Cha-o-cha announces that he has ordered the Health Minister to investigate why only a total 20 million vaccine doses have been administered this year. He has also asked his top advisors and business leaders what else can be done to lower the daily infection from 40,000. He is asking the people to strictly follow current restrictions.”

33 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

You need to think in a wider context cipher. You seem to be thinking in terms of restaurants, cafes, discos and bars. Or have I got that wrong?

Have you gone outside in a dark red zone? Literally everything is closed except grocery/convenience stores and pharmacies.

I can't even go try on a pair of sneakers and most Thai government services (like passport renewals) are closed too. I don't live near a beach but remember reading that it's now illegal to even go for a walk on one? What's even left to close.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Indeed and I have adjusted my post. Doesn't change the fact that the article is not about delta. 

This is.....

One of the world's leading epidemiologists and health economists, Eric Feigl-Ding, this week put Australia’s COVID woes on the international stage, highlighting cases of suspected outdoor transmission at the MCG and some early cases in the Bondi outbreak as particularly “worrying". 

Dr Feigl-Ding, a Senior Fellow at the Federation of American Scientists and former Harvard Professor, said the cases appeared to show transmission between strangers with no direct contact.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-23/australia-covid-19-delta-spread-gives-experts-insight/100313568

You seem to have missed out this part from the link you provided:

Victoria's COVID-19 response commander Jeroen Weimar said transmission of the virus at the MCG most likely happened when the positive case went to the bar or the toilet.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, smedly said:

it was also recently reported that farting in a confined space could spread covid from an infected person - I kid you not, studies are now being carried out 

It is air being released like breathing or coughing just comes from a different space.  So, makes sense.

Australian physician Dr Andy Tagg pondered whether flatulence itself is an aerosol-generating procedure, to which he concluded yes, showing that the novel coronavirus had been found in the faeces of 55 per cent of COVID-19 patients and that "small faeces particles like 'aerosolized faeces' among fart gases could also spread the virus."

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Vaccination confirmation. Bangsue.

vaccination.jpg

You have a visitor today.

I will join the busy Director and staff of Bang Sue Grand Station Vaccination Central Center at 4PM today to monitor the inoculation of foreign residents in Thailand. They would be the 75+ who can walk in and the 60-74 age group who had PREVIOUSLY registered. #vaccination

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1419118066110140419

3 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Have you gone outside in a dark red zone? Literally everything is closed except grocery/convenience stores and pharmacies.

I can't even go try on a pair of sneakers and most Thai government services (like passport renewals) are closed too. I don't live near a beach but remember reading that it's now illegal to even go for a walk on one? What's even left to close.

Yes I have gone outside in the dark red zone and here (Sumut Sakhon) it's like any other day even the diamond shop is open. During the wk banks close at 2:30. The wet market is closed due to covid. I did, however, go to Tesco on Friday and absolutely everything except the supermarket section was closed. Indeed I'm about to go out soon. I fancy a pad kapeow moo sap kai dow.

• Thanks 1

There's a limit to how much it makes sense to discuss what exactly went wrong, because TIT and there are major things which we cannot know and will probably never know, so one can have opinions, and that's it. Like the origin of the infection: China has data and records which they will never release, so any conclusions will be circumstantial unless a valid whistleblower some day shows up. 

I can say this because I took a plane out 10 days ago. I have some survivor's guilt, but CA ain't perfect either, and when you're over 80 you gotta do what you gotta do. It makes me angry, really really angry.

Edited by Enzian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

I shudder to ask this, but what stricter measures have they even got left in the bag at this point? 

Measures taken have already turned what was a nice place into a dystopian hellhole of boredom. What is there even left to close?

one army general stated clearly that next stage is wuhan style lockdown. in this case,

he explained clearly, all supermarkets will be closed and food will be delivered to

the arrested people. makes me think of wanting to leave thailand all together.