Thailand reports daily record of 15,335 coronavirus cases, 129 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The pandemic is increasing in the Bangkok Metropolitan region, and in the southern, central and the northeastern regions. In the graph, blue is Bangkok and five neighbouring provinces, green is 71 other provinces and red is the entire country #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419145655423963136

i think you got it all wrong.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

That is Delta for you. A variant that spreads so fast it makes contact tracing futile. 

Too much blame going to the Delta variant as a way to deflect from the poor way this pandemic is being managed, if you ask me.

• Like 2

Hi all, some say there's no restrictions when travelling between 4am and 9pm daily and others say there is restrictions. Are there checkpoints in place during working hours? I've seen a few checkpoints recently and no one was being pulled over. It was late afternoon so maybe they were preparing for the overnight travellers. Cheers.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Have you gone outside in a dark red zone? Literally everything is closed except grocery/convenience stores and pharmacies.

I can't even go try on a pair of sneakers and most Thai government services (like passport renewals) are closed too. I don't live near a beach but remember reading that it's now illegal to even go for a walk on one? What's even left to close.

Construction sites which were already supposed to be shuttered but are in fact working at full speed and the workers transported to and from or walking to and from while stopping to shop at 7-11 in large numbers.  Limiting the numbers shopping in the Talads instead of them being shoulder to shoulder, but then they are this way because a few have been forced to close because of Covid.  It unfortunately can not be done without putting a final nail in the coffin of Thailand, unless this government started to supplement income for all, subsidize the businesses and then deliver free food to folks in need. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, smedly said:

it was also recently reported that farting in a confined space could spread covid from an infected person - I kid you not, studies are now being carried out 

My wife could definitely help with that study.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, smedly said:

it hurts them to spend money unless there is some flexible accounting included - China seems to be very fexible  

Hurts them because they have to reach into their pockets, or because they have to rely on a billionaire or two to take care of the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

They won't count. But, if your kit tests positive, you can then get a test at a lab or hospital or testing site. 

But get to the back of the queue,,,,,,,

29 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yes I have gone outside in the dark red zone and here (Sumut Sakhon) it's like any other day even the diamond shop is open. During the wk banks close at 2:30. The wet market is closed due to covid. I did, however, go to Tesco on Friday and absolutely everything except the supermarket section was closed. Indeed I'm about to go out soon. I fancy a pad kapeow moo sap kai dow.

Pretty much the same on my side of Bangkok here in the Sathon Area, The main streets are pretty quiet but the side soi's and the talads are very busy.  Took our morning walk around the area and was even surprised at the amount of traffic, but then it is the start of Buddhist Lent tomorrow.  We did see many Monks making their walks to the smaller Wats this morning as well, looks like they are returning to their home Wats where they will stay for the next 3 months to study, meditate, pray, and teach the younger monks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Almer said:

Idiots, the numbers in Bkk are slowing and rising in the provinces

Funny how the numbers in BKK are falling around the same time the covid prisons stopped getting tested and hospitals are turning people away. Coincidence I'm sure.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Pattaya area keeps rising.  I have regular girls I date who keep contacting me.  No way Jose, not worth the risk at this point will stick to the internet for my fun.

Yup.  A HUGE surge of likes and "Hi's" on TF & Tinder.

In a Facebook post on “COVID-19 Samut Sakhon” page” on Saturday, the governor admitted that communication between patients and officials, about requests for hospital beds, has been an issue all along, adding that he has instructed the officials to improve the communication and to make sure that the patients’ requests receive a response within 24 hours.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/samut-sakhon-governor-offers-to-quit-if-he-cant-solve-communication-problem-with-covid-19-patients/

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

if someone tests positive they will double check at a hospital...

Wouldn’t be too sure about that. I know a couple of cases and they just stay at home because they don’t see the point going to a hospital that is full anyway. 

One of the maids of one my staff, for example. And that maid is a live-in maid who doesn’t have anywhere to go. So my staff and her whole family are now quarantining at home with a maid that tested positive. 

One of my gf’s drivers actually drove all the way to Ayutthaya to get into a hospital because he was worried that his symptoms could get worse. Everyone told him there’s no point and indeed he ended up in some field hospital. The maids are all Burmese and no one knows when they can get vaccinated. 

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

On the Channel 34 news they are now showing the Phetchabun Chicken factory and talking about over 3k cases there now.

So are these factory positive tests included in today's totals or will that show up later.

If you factor down the new daily case numbers in India to match Thailand population - you get 15,000.

I know there's lots of variables like testing rates, vaccination and health of local populations,  but the simplistic media reports only focus on big total numbers, not per capita ....  fortunately for Thailand and the tourism plans.

• Like 2