Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

What is the current Take in OS? if some victim cornered by the BiBs, verbally states he/she has a medical exemption from mask wearing?

i.e. down in OZ, the NSW State Govt has just changed requirements that the unmasked will soon be forced to Carry&Show an actual Drs Letter, a Stat Dec etc  that backs up the persons Claims... 

Other States Police still give that person the benefit of the doubt, and take their word for it at face value (Medical Privacy) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because they ain't stupid! No vaccine is 100% safe for everyone, and no medication is 100% safe for everyone, IMO.

Correct that is why one should read what side effects a medicine can have and thein check if you can do stuff to improve without medicine. If that is a possibility first try that (low carb for people who are diabetic and some exercise). 

For vaccines against covid I think the benefits outweigh the risks but there is always a risk. I certainly don't believe that eating healthy and being in shape is a 100% silver bullet against covid.

I am in good shape exercise a lot but would love to have a pfizer or moderna or even astra vaccine. Bit hard to get at the moment for me given my age. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

In a hypothetical world I would like those who refuse vax to agree to forgo medical treatment. 

After all they won't need medical treatment.

Sad story by an American nurse about dying anti-vaxxers begging for the vaccine and she had to tell them it's too late now.

I have no problem with those that refuse to take the vaccine signing a document stating that they agree not to be resucitated or treated in ICU if they get diagnosed corona infection. No ethical Dr would refuse to admit them to hospital though, if only for terminal care.

I hope we never get to the point of letting people die outside the hospital door.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because they ain't stupid! No vaccine is 100% safe for everyone, and no medication is 100% safe for everyone, IMO.

I thought that was what loss adjusters did.

Calculate how much the dead/crippled people compensation cost Vs how much profit was made.

When the profit outweighed the compensation, you made your move.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nobody thinks that.

If you can't get vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons that is unfortunate..

Obviously that isn't the same thing as being an anti vaxer.

Just cannot travel anywhere, wonder what would happen if I had to fly back to UK ? 

At my age would willing take if I could. same as the Shingles Vaccine, also told NO.. friend was very ill with shingles for a very long time..  Pneumonia well we know what happen there. after 1st shot, so not protected 

Edited by ignis

28 minutes ago, ignis said:

Just cannot travel anywhere, wonder what would happen if I had to fly back to UK ? 

You would show the medical exemption you will get if it ever comes to this.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wobblyjohn said:

Who knows if immigration will force vaccination for you and the sake of others

I HOPE THEY DO 

I think there is a couple of things to take into consideration first. I am over 60 and live out in the sticks. I am registered with my local hospital but there is absolutely no sign of getting jabbed anytime soon. I also do not want the Sinovac and AZ combination which is totally unproven. Never mind the fact Sinovac was not recommended for the over 60s! I am waiting along with my thai wife for Moderna in Oct which we have registered for.

Also, if I wish to fly back to UK the Sinovac combi is not accepted by almost every other country. So why should I be forced into having a jab that I do not want, if Sinovac, by Immigration. And with the way things are it is going to be at least a year if not longer before anything like this can be even discussed.

So I feel that Immigration will not take any action regarding this idea as it is totally impractical for the foreseeable future.   

• Like 1

Covid doesn't affect everyone the same way. Some may be asymptomatic, others mild illness or others hosptilization and death. The vaccines  lesten the chance of serious illness or death.  Wife's gran pa 91 got diagnosed with Covid taken to hospital. Had 2 shots of Sinovac but came down sick about 3--4 weeks after last shot. He has recovered and coming home tommorow after 5 days in hospital.

I used to get flu shot every year at my job but skipped 1 year as I was in Thailand when shots were given. Next year came down with serious flu. 104 F  temperature could not get out of bed . Was taken care of by my brothers and friends.  After that never had another flu shot or got the flu. I think that serious case sent my immune system into overdrive as I have had no flu in over 10 years.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grain said:

It will happen: being fully vaxed + showing a neg PCR test a requirement for all foreigners to enter Thailand.

And being fully vaxed + showing a neg PCR test, a medical requirement for extending all visas in Thailand.

I'd be very surprised if we don't start to see this coming in next year as vaccines become more readily available.

But of course only for original OA visa holders or extensions.. Ha ha ha

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, internationalism said:

you just go to visa agency and they charge an additional 5k for vax document.

But there would be shortage of vax, especially for foreigners, for many years. Thanx to dr Anutin.

The only reason the government will try to force vax on foreigners is for their money, not because 

they do care about your health or health in the general population.

Still, herd immunity is around 70-80%, you can chose to be in those 20-30%. Especially, if you are not in a risk group.

The latest is that with Delta herd immunity cannot be achieved until 85% or more - but determining more precisely is a work in progress.

• Thanks 1

I guess a lot will come down to how many infections are still being seen and the vaccination rate and availability. If vaccines are available but people don't want to take them, and infections are rising, that could become requirement like it is in some western countries. I read somewhere that in Croatia companies are only eligible for government subsidies if over 70% of their workforce is vaccinated.

Obviously government could not demand vaccination when they have no vaccines available for people to take.

As Israel, EU, and even Thailand showed, while they might not be mandatory, life can become very inconvenient for those who don't take them. No vax could mean a very expensive quarantine, or rejected entry to some places, higher insurance costs or inability to get one, etc.

Don't have crystal ball to see whether Thai government would do something like this to expats here though. One thing you can never forget. This is Thailand. Non-Thais are visitors here. And only visitors that match their rules are welcome. So if they believe foreigners are spreading disease and vaccines are a way to stop it, visas and extensions of stay based on jabs isn't out of the question. It certainly could not happen immediately, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, internationalism said:

you just go to visa agency and they charge an additional 5k for vax document.

But there would be shortage of vax, especially for foreigners, for many years. Thanx to dr Anutin.

The only reason the government will try to force vax on foreigners is for their money, not because 

they do care about your health or health in the general population.

Still, herd immunity is around 70-80%, you can chose to be in those 20-30%. Especially, if you are not in a risk group.

I don't think herd immunity will work with COVID-19.

Even when vaccinated you can still carry a load of the virus. 

Unvaccinated people will get the virus from vaccinated people.

Will see.  It seems years until the world reaches that magical herd immunity.  In the meantime expect different mutations and further waves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wasnt enthusiastic about getting the AZ injections, but I got them because I am quite sure that in thailand, once a big enough percentage of people have been vaxxed that a "no unvaxxed people allowed here" policy will be enacted at least by businesses, if not the government outright.

• Like 1

A post denigrating and calling Chinese vaccines useless and referring to it with derogatory names has been removed.

Whilst it may be less effective in certain cases ie Delta strain it is by no means useless.

At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

Edit:  A post in violation of fair use violation and a reply has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some troll posts have been removed. 

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hugocnx said:

Yes, and many vaccinated are now infected with the Delta variant. Hilarious.

And much more unvaccinated are dead or on ventilators, if ones available.

Heartbreaking, not hilarious.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Really? Please provide a link.  If you cannot and are voicing your opinion,  you can do much harm.

I wear an FFP3 mask as recommended by my UK doctor and will continue to do so for as long as is neccesary

here you go, mind you it's only 1 scientist so YMMV https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/17/cloth-face-masks-comfort-blankets-do-little-curb-covid-spread/

are you currently in Thailand? Another piece of interesting info for you, sunlight actually kills viruses rather quickly lol

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-sunlight-coronavirus-quickly-scientists.html

16 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

It is already becoming required for our pilots to some countries starting this month. Not vaccinated, off the schedule with no pay. My friend at Cathay Pacific who is one of the few left flying there says it is , vaccinate or you are gone----contract terminated.  Nothing governments or private companies can do about another country entry requirements. Aren't borders grand?

You will remember Captain (as will your friend) what happened at Cathay Pacific around 20 years ago when their pilots were offered shares in the company as compensation for a proposed pay cut. The pilots understandably declined. The company decided to go ahead. Every pilot telephoned in sick on the same day. There was chaos in the airports! Needless to say, the company decided to continue paying their pilots at their present rate! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

forced vaccination for expats to renew visa

It may not happen that way, but by other means it will.

Eg: It's most l likely airlines will require a 'vaccination passport'.

Or if you decide to return to your home country for a visit they may require vaccination prior to entry.!

Wasn't it to be vaccinated tourists allowed entry via the Phuket sandbox.?

And thus it may not be needed to mandate it for visa renewals.

Eventually, hopefully it will just be one of the many strains included in the annual 'flu' shot.

And why wouldn't you want to be vaccinated.? This new delta strain is so infectious it seem like you only have to walk through an infected persons invisible exhaled breath cloud to get it. (fleeting contact).

45 minutes ago, zhounan said:

All over the world, scientism, political and media communication is spreading the hate message that anyone who is not vaccinated is a public danger, a terrorist, a person to be hated, imprisoned, isolated and maybe killed.

The unvaccinated ones probably not only risk not having their visas renewed, but even being considered as pariahs, a sort of European Jews of the new millennium.

Excellent! If science can't convince the birdbrains peer pressure just might.

"Not vaccinated? To the back of the bus please. And zip the curtain shut after you."

"Sir, the unvaccinated toilets are in the outhouse. Across the field."

"Not vaccinated and want to fly? We don't sell wingsuits at an airport. Look for a store at the top of a cliff."

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 2