Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

18 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

so what happened to transfering the virus from surfaces etc.?   you could wear five masks and just have to touch a 20 baht bill from a shop or elsewhere and get the virus?  or have they now reversed this? then why the alcohol? ... seems the story keeps changing...

From the start anybody with a brain knew that virus is in the air, not on things.

What is so funny is people not able to figure out the truth about anything.

It's like the idiots who tell you that you need to vaccinate because wearing a mask forever is not enough. Ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, Jingthing said:

Masks aren't as effective as the OP thinks, especially with Delta. It's not a matter of IF you're going to get infected, but more like WHEN. 

Do I think Thai immigration will mandate vaccines for expats? 

I don't know.

But I think that when the vaccines become as easily accessed as in the U.S., perhaps they should!

Let's bet ? I will never get it when wearing a mask, even not vaccinated ! you should feel ashame to say such BS just because you stupid injection of masses just as some were supporting it during WWII...

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

I guess those lefties at Fox News are s lying about getting vaccinated.

Trumps received COVID-19 vaccines at White House in January

Former president and first lady got both doses, official confirmed

Former President Donald Trump and former first lady Melania Trump received their COVID-19 vaccines in January at the White House, Fox News confirmed.

It is unclear which vaccine the Trumps received, but a Trump official told Fox News they are both fully vaccinated with two doses.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-coronavirus-vaccines-white-house-in-january

LOL. We were told for years that a certain person lies about everything. Is he now telling the truth?

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Normally having a disease and surviving is more effective in providing future protection than vaccination. If I were to get infected again, it'd probably be trivial, I might not even show any symptoms.

Sadly, this won't make any money for the pharmaceutical industry.

The rapidity of emergence of "variants of concern" and their increasing infectiousness, and selection pressure (where a virus or bacterium overcomes resistance from antibiotics or immunity) all make it possible for a previously infected person to be infected again. It depends on which virus, the age and health of the individual, whether this could occur. A mild case will presumably have less effect on preparing the immune system for the next assoult.

Dengue is a particularly interesting case where the four subtypes can successively infect somebody, though if they stay near home, mosquitoes carrying another subtype might not encounter them. With Covid we have a virus that can pass between people by aerosols, so worse because people are much more mobile than mosquitoes.

Studies show that vaccination after infection creates a remarkable boost to the immune system, so please get vaccinated.

22 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I don't think herd immunity will work with COVID-19.

Even when vaccinated you can still carry a load of the virus. 

Unvaccinated people will get the virus from vaccinated people.

Will see.  It seems years until the world reaches that magical herd immunity.  In the meantime expect different mutations and further waves.

If a lot of people refuse vaccination, herd immunity will not be achieved. Still, if we can develop good monitoring systems, contact tracing to control outbreaks, we might be able to contain Covid. People who are vaccinated with underperforming vaccines risk getting Covid even though vaccinated.

Even though good vaccines were used, the CDC in the US is again advising vaccinated people to wear masks. I guess that the real reason is that this will oblige the unvaccinated to wear masks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Airlines want people to fly. You don't really see the airlines making up their own additional mandates.

The carriers will continue to require what is needed by the nation of destination and transit airports, just gets too complex otherwise.

This is going to get so complicated. Is every country going to have a different solution? WHO is against vaccine passports, as is the US. In fact, White House is refusing to have a national database, though CDC seems to keep records of other vaccinations for anyone born in the US.

How may hours will it take to pass health control in an airport as vaccines proliferate as do forms of documentation? It's not really the role of airlines to check health status. They just try to avoid someone being refused entry at the destination, usually a visa issue. So immigration is not going to assume that airlines have done due diligence and let people pass without checking vaccination documentation. With dodgy vaccines around, testing at arrival may continue for a long time. Ugh.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, driver52 said:

have you been hiding under a rock? superbugs or antibiotic-resistant infections have been on the rise for years due to the overuse of antibiotics......most of the time they're not needed, your body is well capable of looking after itself......again your GP and big pharma have been too happy to take your money and mess with your long term health

Next you'll be saying statins are a good idea too ????

I just read that BioNTech is working on a vaccine for TB. Antibiotic resistance is a real issue with TB. They want to set up a facility in Africa with local producers, working under license.

I have been using statins for years, and cholesterol is under control.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, placnx said:

This is going to get so complicated. Is every country going to have a different solution? WHO is against vaccine passports, as is the US. In fact, White House is refusing to have a national database, though CDC seems to keep records of other vaccinations for anyone born in the US.

How may hours will it take to pass health control in an airport as vaccines proliferate as do forms of documentation? It's not really the role of airlines to check health status. They just try to avoid someone being refused entry at the destination, usually a visa issue. So immigration is not going to assume that airlines have done due diligence and let people pass without checking vaccination documentation. With dodgy vaccines around, testing at arrival may continue for a long time. Ugh.

Is this a question for me? Obviously the answer is Digital Health Passports. The passenger will show they have the requirements to enter or transit a particular country or region as part of the ticketing and checki-in process. At the airport, one simply shows their passport and QR code. "Simples"

American numpties who reject common sense will simply remain in our cuntry. Holding their guns, walking their fake emotional comfort pit-bulls, Vaccine free free and vulnerable to whatever future infections come later.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Letseng said:

You shld not be forced, you should get the vaccination in your own interest volutarily 

That would be fine if you wouldn't be infecting other people.

Sometimes being selfish is stupid.

Perhaps there is a way around mandating compulsory vaccination as such. I have been told that the French Government is intending to or has passed a Law that denies entry to almost anywhere or services without proof of vaccination.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In other countries people are fighting for their freedom, medical staffs do not agree of forcing vaccination, why? Good questions, something noticed? Thailand is year behind. People are fighting to get 2,3,4...jab that other countries are considering. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, driver52 said:

lol actually I'm from Europe, are Deutsche Bank are good example of 'obeying the rules'? last time I heard they had quite a lot of exposure to the derivatives market, and Frau Merkel needs to keep bailing them out, wey hey!!!

It depends which rules. In financial matters, regulation in Germany was far behind the US for years. For social norms and regular laws, I think that German people have been quite observant.

1 hour ago, driver52 said:

glad to hear your cholesterol is under control BUT you do realise you can do that with diet alone? That's another problem with your Doctors, they don't really understand mother nature and what a proper diet is, they'd rather fill you full of profitable drugs ????

good luck to you too trooper!

I live in Thailand, and I love food. Such medicine here is reasonably priced. When I stayed in hospitals in Singapore and Bangkok, there was a choice of cuisine, In Boston, your food was predetermined by the dietician. Zero stars. Bumrungrad used to have an Italian restaurant where pan-fried foie gras was available. I had fun telling my doc in Boston about that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Is this a question for me? Obviously the answer is Digital Health Passports. The passenger will show they have the requirements to enter or transit a particular country or region as part of the ticketing and checki-in process. At the airport, one simply shows their passport and QR code. "Simples"

American numpties who reject common sense will simply remain in our cuntry. Holding their guns, walking their fake emotional comfort pit-bulls, Vaccine free free and vulnerable to whatever future infections come later.

I had really explored how a vaccine passport could work from the metropolis to a village in India. It would be great from a public health standpoint, but WHO and the American libertarians oppose this, and Biden does not have the guts to confront then. Google Zients. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, samtab said:

From the start anybody with a brain knew that virus is in the air, not on things.

What is so funny is people not able to figure out the truth about anything.

It's like the idiots who tell you that you need to vaccinate because wearing a mask forever is not enough. Ridiculous.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future tell us...oh wait a minute the future has come and gone and serious scientific study has settled the question. And the results are amazing. They exactly match what you predicted after the fact!

Astonishing!

the problem is not about voluntarily, for people that are not vaccinated you people will cause the virus to mutate, it alright with me if you just want to die off by yourself, your right, but you anti-vaxxer are the death of us, the vaccine soon will not work on us with new variant, don't you see the problem, but then again you can't reason with stupid, they just want to see the world burn

Edited by vinci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2021 at 11:51 PM, Captain Monday said:

It is already becoming required for our pilots to some countries starting this month. Not vaccinated, off the schedule with no pay. My friend at Cathay Pacific who is one of the few left flying there says it is , vaccinate or you are gone----contract terminated.  Nothing governments or private companies can do about another country entry requirements. Aren't borders grand?

What if pilots died while people are in the air same as pilots from British Airways and Indian pilots after vaccination. Of course factcheck, who believes in fact check?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1