Thailand reports 14,150 new COVID-19 cases, 118 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Ok. Well like I said the opposite side from MRT is where you get in. The number doesn't seem to matter that much you will get directed. As for a super spreading site with that many people you have to assume someone is positive. Everyone wearing masks and from what I saw wearing them properly. Side effects for me are not too bad today. Yesterday was very ordinary. Good luck. Your nxt one will be in October.

I arrived back in Thailand from the UK in May so know many people fully jabbed. The post jab reactions seemed to be quite random and individual. Ranging from nothing to headaches and feeling like poop and staying in bed for a couple of days. Difficult to explain. I am a fully qualified wimp when it comes to needles and had nothing other than a sore arm. Best wishes to thoses getting jabbed here this week.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It maybe optional now but it looks increasingly likely that you may not be welcome to participate in the new normal society if you are not vaccinated,

What vaccination have you received and which brand. 

What vaccination has 30yr olds in Oz received? 

Edited by DrJack54

Thailand's COVID-19 national vaccination programme hit by supply shortage, uncertain delivery schedule

As COVID-19 rages in Southeast Asia, regional governments are racing to roll out their national vaccination programmes. In the second part of a series, CNA looks at how Thailand has been hamstrung by an uncertain vaccine delivery schedule.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-vaccination-shortage-astrazeneca-sinovac-15268932

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

10:05 Several groups of medics gather in front of the US embassy in Bangkok to submit a petition demanding that the US government ensure transparency in the distribution of the US-donated Pfizer vaccine in Thailand.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1419861611569836039

Actually, thinking about it, there should be some mechanism to direct Pfizer to those people who are advised not to have AZ due to a pre existing condition, such as blood clotting. Such a policy would require a medical process to be put in place over and above the “bare your arm and we’ll stick a needle in it” approach currently being used.

atm if there is a medical reason why you should not take AZ, then you are out of options other than 2 sinovac jabs and whilst that may help somewhat, even the Thai government seems to recognize that it is not ideal against the delta strain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worrab said:

I think you also have to bear in mind that the Sinovac then AZ combination is not a proven route to go. And why has Sinovac suddenly become okay for the over 60s? I still cannot even get AZ and I am registered at my local hospital! I would be doing the same as DrJack54 and another reason is if I have to fly back to UK, Sinovac is not accepted. It is a case of each to their own as we all have different circumstances. Where I live I cannot see any vaccinations coming anytime soon especially Pfizer etc. We are waiting on Moderna to make an appearance, hopefully in Oct which we have registered for.  

Sorry worrab I was being sarcastic.People should be free to choose if and when they get vaccinated and be able to choose which vaccine they wish to receive without and coercion.I'm against any restrictions placed on people who don't get vaccinated as has started happening in France and has been hinted at in Oz.Some have said that by not getting vaccinated that they are putting lives in danger and agree with restrictions on unvaccinated people.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You making this stuff up. Here are your words to me in your first post.

"So you're willing to put your family and the community at risk of dying until you can get a vaccine of your choice even if it takes another 6 months?"

Can't make this stuff up.

As I mentioned previously....don't lecture, especially when you can't even follow own advice. 

Like I said I think you missed my sarcasm sorry about that I'll try and refrain from sarcasm but can't guarantee anything. 

• Like 1

The Ministry of Education has proposed four measures to help parents and students affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, starting with helping with expenses for students in public-private schools by giving them 2,000 baht each #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419884748088872968

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Phuket “sandbox” scheme, as an initial step in the country’s reopening to international arrivals, will continue, despite the announcement of closures of venues in response to rising infections on the island and in many other parts of the country. https://thaip.bs/12aTZ2r

Personally, I think that’s fine. I have no problem with a few tourists being around, so long as the government is taking action based on sound medical advice. If that means closing stuff and the tourists suffer alongside the local population, so be it.

the projection that cases will level off at 20 over the next few days seems incredibly naive. The implication seems to be that that level of cases is expected based on people currently known as being extremely high risk. But of course there are other cases. And if they were to publish timelines with locations where infected people have been, then others would come forward for testing and possibly found to be positive. Probably why they don’t do it I expect.

58 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

it looks increasingly likely that you may not be welcome to participate in the new normal society if you are not vaccinated

As long as an unvaccinated person poses a higher threat to people than a vaccinated one, I sure hope so. Deliberately risking other people's lives or risking their livelihood is for some strange reason not popular with the majority.  

I should add - Sorry if I missunderstood and it was all sarcasm 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's COVID-19 national vaccination programme hit by supply shortage, uncertain delivery schedule

As COVID-19 rages in Southeast Asia, regional governments are racing to roll out their national vaccination programmes. In the second part of a series, CNA looks at how Thailand has been hamstrung by an uncertain vaccine delivery schedule.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-vaccination-shortage-astrazeneca-sinovac-15268932

There are 171,921 #COVID19 patients in Thai hospitals, not to mention others who've been unable to get hospital beds or access public healthcare. Medical resources are under severe strain in Bangkok. Hospital wards are getting full, ventilators are scarce

https://twitter.com/PichayadaCNA/status/1419886826546819072

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

As long as an unvaccinated person poses a higher threat to people than a vaccinated one, I sure hope so. Deliberately risking other people's lives or risking their livelihood is for some strange reason not popular with the majority.  

Although it is more likely for transmission from unvaccinated to unvaccinated is also possible to have transmission from unvaccinated to vaccinated, vaccinated to unvaccinated and vaccinated to vaccinated. Waining immunity is also a factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

That didn't work ???? I never leave home without a N95 8210 respirator mask and hand sanitizer, even to just receive a package at the gate. I never go out except for buying food. I don't accept visitors. This will go on until I get vaccinated. I'm in Udon now so it'll probably take several months but what can I do. I am old and oldfashioned. It's the right thing to do

I need to clarify a bit. I didn't write the bold part well:

I cut the grass without mask, I don't get near anone without wearing a N95   

14 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Nah no sarcasm there so no misunderstanding on your part.So now we must ensure that everyone must get vaccinate every year for the flu because the flu also kills people and to not vaccinate against the flu is deliberately risking other people's live and it has been thus a long time before this virus came along so are you accusing every who hasn't been vaccinating against the flu of deliberately endangering the lives of those that died of the flu?Oh that's right this is different because it's not the flu even though the flu has been killing people for a lot longer than covid has.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Phuket “sandbox” scheme, as an initial step in the country’s reopening to international arrivals, will continue, despite the announcement of closures of venues in response to rising infections on the island and in many other parts of the country. https://thaip.bs/12aTZ2r

Won't matter as nobody is coming anyway. Face cannot be lost however.

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Tuesday

Total: 14,111

https://scontent.fbkk12-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p235x350/226341021_10158165590102050_1306846105250675953_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=yJdiypzgmAkAX9HBOH8&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk12-1.fna&oh=5cabff62021dc31eb9c1af08e9f5a1fe&oe=6125C688https://scontent.fbkk12-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p235x350/225823338_10158165590072050_8388336493652669435_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=KFZVvGjmrncAX_nsrIz&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk12-2.fna&oh=bf22349385e9a3fe204637ebdb0e3321&oe=6126F1FF

After a brief pause for drinks around 2,000 the northeast has got it's running shoes back a little while ago the single digit provinces numbered around 6 now it's the double digits that are around 6.

• Like 2