Thailand reports 14,150 new COVID-19 cases, 118 more deaths

webfact

Should be well over 17k +ve tests if the Phetchabun chicken factory cluster is to be included. Why am I starting to believe Antigen tests are failing to make it into official figures? Would be one way of keeping numbers down I guess.

15 minutes ago, DanielS said:

I live in Pattaya area. Todays report is 201 new cases.

I want to know how many of them is in Migrantworker camps.

My guess is 150 ,  or more?

thepattayanews site usually does a break down each day of approximately where/how the cases were found.

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

The mortality rate in prisons seems suspiciously low, surely prisoners aren't healthier than the population at large and their access to healthcare is worse.

According to Thai friends... they believe that there aren't many deaths in the prisons... I also wonder at the true numbers...

Starting from 1st July, people will need to register in advance if they want to be vaccinated at Bang Sue Grand Station. This is the scene this morning with people in certain groups allowed to do walk-ins. They are reportedly vaccinating 17,000 people every day #Thailand

Video here:

https://twitter.com/ittipat_tv/status/1419849030771699724

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why would it matter, are you trying to make a point. Cases are cases.

Yes, for my daily life it matters. 

If , for example, near every new case is in workers camps, I can continue most of my normal life in Pattaya city.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Starting from 1st July, people will need to register in advance if they want to be vaccinated at Bang Sue Grand Station. This is the scene this morning with people in certain groups allowed to do walk-ins. They are reportedly vaccinating 17,000 people every day #Thailand

Video here:

https://twitter.com/ittipat_tv/status/1419849030771699724

Think they mean August 1... re the end of walk-in vaccinations there.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Works fine.

Geezus that looks horrid.

I will go along for my 4pm appointment today, however if it's anything like your clip I will skip it.

It wasn't that bad for me. The 4pm slot is appointments only. Still plenty of people but nothing like that pic. That pic is for walkins. Don't skip it. Do it. Like I said it will take about an hour if your experience is anything like mine. In at 4:00 out at 5:08.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I guess the average age of those in prison is relatively low so not high risk, compared to the 82 year olds in the general population.

And possibly there are less obese diabetics. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, anchadian said:

How sad

BP reported that two young girls who woke up on Monday morning and found their mother dead on the floor beside them later tested positive for Covid-19

Two girls told by mother to go to orphanage as they watch her die of COVID at home

Two girls, aged 7 and 9, who later tested positive for COVID-19, were rescued from their home in Samut Prakan’s Bang Phli district yesterday (Monday), after watching their mother die of COVID-19, amid a continual surge in infections and deaths in Thailand which has seen more deaths on the streets and at home, as hospital resources are being stretched wafer thin.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-girls-told-by-mother-to-go-to-orphanage-as-they-watch-her-die-of-covid-at-home/

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting what businesses are closed and what are open. Understandably open are food and convenience stores and pharmacies.

I have accounts at three different banks. Rarely can I find any branch of any of them open. In malls they're all closed, and others have closed because staff is in quarantine after somebody---customer or staff---tested positive.

On the other hand, every single Indian tailor shop I see is open, especially along Sukhumvit.

Essential businesses?

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, DanielS said:

Yes, for my daily life it matters. 

If , for example, near every new case is in workers camps, I can continue most of my normal life in Pattaya city.

outbreaks in Pattaya have been mostly in the general population with most of it reported to be from Central Shopping and I would assume spread from there - there were reports of outbreaks in open markets and Ice making business etc but very little in the way of migrants, also testing is limited so the extent of the spread IMO is unknown so it would be safe to assume it is everywhere so you need to take that onboard and judge for yourself how you deal with it 

also worth mentioning that the Mayor of pattaya is determined to open Pattaya in sept so telling the truth although would be very much in the interests of the public but it doesn't fit their agenda

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I doubt that those Pfizer doses will find their way into the arms of farang. Frontline workers, yes. VIP “traveling overseas”, yes. At the same time they will say that 150k doses will be held back for farang, whilst also giving older farang sino /AZ combo. Suddenly, no elderly farang need Pfizer because they are vaccinated already. Happy days, 150k Pfizer is available for VIP Thai’s.

they will bend over backwards to show that those doses aren’t needed by common or garden farang.

pure speculation.

10:05 Several groups of medics gather in front of the US embassy in Bangkok to submit a petition demanding that the US government ensure transparency in the distribution of the US-donated Pfizer vaccine in Thailand.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1419861611569836039

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

10:05 Several groups of medics gather in front of the US embassy in Bangkok to submit a petition demanding that the US government ensure transparency in the distribution of the US-donated Pfizer vaccine in Thailand.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1419861611569836039

It will take that and more.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

outbreaks in Pattaya have been mostly in the general population with most of it reported to be from Central Shopping and I would assume spread from there - there were reports of outbreaks in open markets and Ice making business etc but very little in the way of migrants, also testing is limited so the extent of the spread IMO is unknown so it would be safe to assume it is everywhere so you need to take that onboard and judge for yourself how you deal with it 

also worth mentioning that the Mayor of pattaya is determined to open Pattaya in sept so telling the truth although would be very much in the interests of the public but it doesn't fit their agenda

Thats why I worry about Phuket, the main clusters seem to have been from Central and markets, thats why they've  closed them but its already too late now as its in the community and with little measures in place it could well follow Pattaya soon despite its higher vaccine rate. Another 2 covid deaths over the last couple of days.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's really a great advantage when the powers that be can control the messaging that occurs to the country.

Thats what happens when people are in powerful positions that are well beyond their capabilities and also the main reason they get themselves there has nothing to do with running the country - public interest is not the primary agenda 

• Like 2