Thailand reports 14,150 new COVID-19 cases, 118 more deaths

webfact

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BP reported that a couple dumped an 80-year-old man they called "father" at a temple in Bua Lai district and drove off, and he was later confirmed to be infected with Covid-19

I think there will be a rash of this kind of thing now. People will hear about it and copy it. Part of Thailand’s social fabric is decaying as health services become less and less able to meet demand.

Edited by wensiensheng

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) expects COVID-19 infections in Bangkok to decline in late August and early September. 

With what seems to be Bang Su as the only place you can get a vaccination, the rest of Thailand is going to watch as the infection rate rises, not declines as hoped.

• Like 1

Ministers wave off ‘Covid train’ to Northeast as cases pile up in Bangkok

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob on Tuesday oversaw an operation in Bangkok to send 135 Covid-19 patients with mild symptoms to their home provinces in the Northeast by train.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003825

Ministers wave off ‘Covid train’ to Northeast as cases pile up in Bangkok

• Thanks 1

Wealthy Thais head overseas for VACCINE SHOT

“I know that [the] vaccine is good for me and for everyone, so I wanted to get vaccinated, and I don’t know how long I [would have had] to wait if I stayed in Thailand,” the 32-year-old told the ABC.

“I’m not confident in the quality of Sinovac, so I wanted to get the vaccine that could make me confident.”

https://bangkokjack.com/2021/07/26/wealthy-thais-vaccine/

• Thanks 1

Health experts said the rising COVID case and death tolls in Thailand have been driven by the highly contagious Delta (India) variant of the coronavirus that’s now become dominant in the country.

I say that the rising COVID case and death tolls in Thailand have been driven by the lack of vaccinations.   Of the course the cause of this is the CZAR.   (PM)

• Like 2

Bang Sue vaccinations will continue but for pre-registered people only, government says

The government has no plans to close down Bang Sue Grand Station’s vaccination center, but a preregistration-only process is being launched for the next round of vaccination, the government said this week.

“We are looking to fix the queuing problem and the Bang Sue center is a public service center, so any improvements must not affect the services that the people are already getting,” said Ratchada Dhnadirek, the deputy government spokeswoman.

“The government has never talked about closing the center down at any meeting, only talks on how to improve it,” she told Thai Enquirer.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30462/bang-sue-vaccinations-will-continue-but-for-pre-registered-people-only-government-says/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, morrobay said:

The comparison with seasonal flu and covid 19 (delta) is the R0: seasonal flu, 1.3 and delta 4 to 5. If the seasonal flu was as contagious as delta, infecting higher numbers in general population which of course include s the very unhealthy . Then all these numbers and statistics would be about the same.https://www.qps.com/2020/10/05/covid-19-versus-the-seasonal-flu-facts-and-figures/

It's much more than just the R0. This is too simplistic.

43 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Rubbish. Masks are the 1st line of protection being it you spreading to another or another spreading to you. Medical staff have high levels of exposure.

If you are on the line 30 centimeter from others your mask dont do sht! Covid be transmitted whit eyes also!

Eye-protective face shields have been proposed to prevent community transmission.

A large study showed that 19% of health-care workers became infected, despite wearing three-layered surgical masks, gloves, and shoe covers and using alcohol rub. After the introduction of face shields, no worker was infected.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanmic/article/PIIS2666-5247(21)00040-9/fulltext

The answer will depend on the COVID-19 numbers in Phuket. But how the Prayut administration will look coming out of a potential Phuket nightmare will also have to do with competing political narratives, which are getting hotter and hotter on social media. https://thaip.bs/oASF4L5

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wealthy Thais head overseas for VACCINE SHOT

“I know that [the] vaccine is good for me and for everyone, so I wanted to get vaccinated, and I don’t know how long I [would have had] to wait if I stayed in Thailand,” the 32-year-old told the ABC.

“I’m not confident in the quality of Sinovac, so I wanted to get the vaccine that could make me confident.”

https://bangkokjack.com/2021/07/26/wealthy-thais-vaccine/

That in a nutshell tells anyone that needs to know how Thai people feel about the current state of vaccinations and the Government here in Thailand.  Sounds like a vote of no confidence to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That in a nutshell tells anyone that needs to know how Thai people feel about the current state of vaccinations and the Government here in Thailand.  Sounds like a vote of no confidence to me.

So unless they get the J&J one shot, they are spending 3-4 weeks in US plus the 2-week quarantine in Thailand.

I've considered that and also how I might feel after the 6-7 week ordeal I get an SMS saying your Moderna/Pfizer shot is ready.

Edited by jerrymahoney

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So unless they get the J&J one shot, they are spending 3-4 weeks in US plus the 2-week quarantine in Thailand.

One would hope they could not bypass the 2 week quarantine, but then they are Hi-So, different rules for different folks, or is that different strokes for different folks.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

One would hope they could not bypass the 2 week quarantine, but then they are Hi-So, different rules for different folks, or is that different strokes for different folks.  

Maybe. But the linked Bangkok Jack article says: The vaccine was free but he spent about $4,200 on airfares and other travel-related expenses, including two weeks in hotel quarantine on the way back into Thailand.