Thailand reports 14,150 new COVID-19 cases, 118 more deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

As I do not want to leave my wife during this tenuous time I plan to stick it out and get what I can.  Hopefully someday I can go to the private hospital and get the mRNA vaccine. 

And that's specifically what the CM advisory was suggesting people there to do... take the offered Sinovac and AZ doses now, and then look to buy a Moderna dose several months down the road.

But curiously, the CM guidance seems to not factor into their equation the coming Pfizer doses whatsoever.... which seems odd.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes thanks. I also note that seems CM folk might be offered Sinovac.

We can all make our own call. Personally if I'm offered Sinovac today, I will politely decline.

My plan all along was wait until next year for more vaccine options. 

That's a roll of dice thing. 

Have no worry, you will definitely receive AZ today.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes thanks. I also note that seems CM folk might be offered Sinovac.

We can all make our own call. Personally if I'm offered Sinovac today, I will politely decline.

My plan all along was wait until next year for more vaccine options. 

That's a roll of dice thing. 

So you're willing to put your family and the community at risk of dying until you can get a vaccine of your choice even if it takes another 6 months?

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes you register your details. Step 2 confirmation email with appointment date and time day or so later.

Finally confirmation SMS sent night before appointment. You need screenshot to show at SCG. 

I'm going today 4pm and will send short report later of what to expect. 

The sms will be in messages on your phone. No need for a screenshot. SCG or Bangsue station? If Bangsue station you must enter from front that is the opposite side from the MRT station. I have previously said it took me 1 hr inclunding the manditory 30 minutes you have to wait post innoculation. @DrJack54 if you remember can you ask where the AZ is from. I forgot. Japan or home grown?

edit. Sorry forgot you are CM? Anyhow info for anyone going to Bangsue in BKK.

Edited by dinsdale

46 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Careful management of the numbers now otherwise they won't be able to move forward with the reopening. 

Numbers in Bangkok to fall away in 4 to 6 weeks and the daily figures seem to have stalled now.

Hmmmm

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My shot today is Bang Sue. I'm advised to use exit 1. 

I will ask re where the AZ is from. My guess it will be lost in translation.

I did ask gf if she wanted to come with me. Her reply. ....."old sick people there. Crowed. I no get sick. Better you go alone".

Lot of questions about my Will lately.

your daughter sounds well tuned in 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Monday, July 26, 2021 at 5:15 p.m. Khon Kaen Provincial Public Health Office report

Found 126 new cases of COVID-19, classified by districts as follows:

• Phon+19
• Chum Phae + 14
• Khon Kaen City+10
• (From) Other Provinces + 53

https://www.khonkaenlink.info/read/96982/

126-768x768.jpg

Thanks for the Khon Kaen update, nice to also see some of the surrounding areas to where I lived in Udon before moving to Bangkok.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My shot today is Bang Sue. I'm advised to use exit 1. 

I will ask re where the AZ is from. My guess it will be lost in translation.

I did ask gf if she wanted to come with me. Her reply. ....."old sick people there. Crowed. I no get sick. Better you go alone".

Lot of questions about my Will lately.

Ok. Well like I said the opposite side from MRT is where you get in. The number doesn't seem to matter that much you will get directed. As for a super spreading site with that many people you have to assume someone is positive. Everyone wearing masks and from what I saw wearing them properly. Side effects for me are not too bad today. Yesterday was very ordinary. Good luck. Your nxt one will be in October.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Last time I checked vaccination was optional. Take care of your own backyard and hop off your pulpit.

Well, it is optional according to law, not optional according to the moral my parents taught me. Unless... I'm OK with your decision if you never ever leave home without a 3M N95 mask until you get the vaccine you want. The 8210 without valve is very good.

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting. Schools were closed when numbers were in the low 100's. Do you think they'll open them with numbers in the 1000's?

Closing schools was done far too early, in my opinion.  Hopefully the numbers in Bangkok will have declined from that level by September (as stated in the article).  But no, as I said, I'm hopeful but not optimistic.  Education is a very low priority in Thailand.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Well, it is optional according to law, not optional according to the moral my parents taught me. Unless... I'm OK with your decision if you never ever leave home without a 3M 8210 N95 mask until you get the vaccine you want. 

As matter of interest. Which vaccine have you received and how many shots thus far.

How sad

BP reported that two young girls who woke up on Monday morning and found their mother dead on the floor beside them later tested positive for Covid-19

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

NEW HIGH: Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 884 new cases and two more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (206), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (201), and Si Racha (242). The total cases so far is now 21,660 with 10,080 remaining in care #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419814569170522113

I live in Pattaya area. Todays report is 201 new cases.

I want to know how many of them is in Migrantworker camps.

My guess is 150 ,  or more?

Edited by DanielS

Just now, dinsdale said:

I think you miss the point here. This is the Delta variant which if it is taken home by student or teacher will have an almost 100% chance of infecting the entire family. If it is taken to school transmission will be almost guaranteed as students will not adhere to proper mask wearing for an entire school day. I don't think I could. The young ones are mostly asymptomatic which throws in another big problem. A November openning would in my opinion be optimistic.

November would be better than next year!  Do you think restaurants, malls and shops, parks & playgrounds, and workplaces will also remain closed until November if the numbers in Bangkok decline to the levels mentioned in the article?  I accept schools present a particular problem, but online learning is not possible for many students nor can it ever replace proper school, especially for younger kids.  Interestingly, the UK re-opened schools long before many other places, although the vaccination situation there is far better than in Thailand.

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

How sad

BP reported that two young girls who woke up on Monday morning and found their mother dead on the floor beside them later tested positive for Covid-19

Sad reality and not going to get get better anytime soon I am afraid.

8 minutes ago, DanielS said:

I live in Pattaya area. Todays report is 201 new cases.

I want to know how many of them is in Migrantworker camps.

My guess is 150 ,  or more?

Why would it matter, are you trying to make a point. Cases are cases.

• Like 1