Thailand reports record high of 17,669 new COVID-19 cases and 165 deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

On january 21 israel had it's worst time with 10,000 new infections daily (equivalent to 70,000 in thai numbers), with many deaths daily, total lockdown and collapsed health system.

On FEBRUARY 2021 Israel started a wide vaccination operation (PFIZER) and the result, within a month

and 70% vaccination, was amazing: 0 deaths and ZERO infections.

Than, last month, started another wave, and now the daily infections is higher than thailand (around 2200 daily = 28,000 in thai numbers), but - and this is the big change - allmost NO DEATHS and VERY LOW SEVERE SYMPTOMS.

CONCLUSION: vaccination (GOOD ONE, NOT CHINA CRAB) IS the solution for this crisis.

Vaaccinated people will still get infected, but the symptoms will be very light.

Half-truth. By the time Israel’s vaccination jabs developed antibodies (around March), many people had already been sick and recovered and acquired natural immunity (some were jabbed on top of that without checks if this is necessary). Now that there is a new wave, people still maintain this immunity, both natural and from vaccination. Sure vaccination does help but the narrative today is only vaccination is the answer, do it to everyone, whether that person already has antibodies or not. For agenda and profit.

For the same reason by the time Thailand has jabbed a significant number of people and they develop antibodies, most will have caught and recovered with their natural immunity, nothing to do with vaccinations. This wave will ebb away around September’ish. Mother Nature lol.

• Haha 1

‘Healthy’ monk dies 2 weeks after AstraZeneca jab

A 73-year-old monk from Nakhon Ratchasima died on Thursday after receiving his first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine two weeks ago.

Wat Khok Phai temple informed the headman of Khok Phai village that the monk was found dead inside his residence. The deceased monk was identified as Phra Guang Smajaro.

The village headman called rescue staff, but they refused to retrieve the body, fearing they might catch Covid-19.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003915

Edited by anchadian

5 hours ago, Marcous said:

Just a rough chart I made showing the current trajectory. The number of cases doubles on about 

the 18th of next month.

It's not very accurate and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

1813329494_data29july2copy.jpg.ac1117d9c5f3b2d47b20b467ca4e9806.jpg

I've posted this before, but here is an interesting calculator if anyone wants to spend a few minutes dabbling.

Its easy to use and quite intuitive, so you will quickly get the hang of it

https://gabgoh.github.io/COVID/index.html

Seven volunteers in Bangkok under probe over vaccination registration scam

Seven volunteers, helping people at the Bang Sue Grand Station vaccination to register for COVID-19 inoculation appointments, are under investigation by railway police, but no charges have yet been filed. https://thaip.bs/j4DAprs

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

About a week back I posted small account of friend of ours: Thai 50yr felt ill. Purchased self test kit positive. Having health insurance had test private hospital 3000baht and that was positive.

So just today we now find out that his wife and 2 children have tested positive.

To me this is unusual. 

A family of 4 and initially father ill and later the whole family. Talk about one in all in.

At this point not sure of the degree of individuals symptoms.

This is not unusual. This is Delta.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The more advanced countries in the world are reaching a point where they no longer require a mass vaccination roll out - not to the degree that they've been doing it for the first half of the year.

So there will be a massive surplus of vaccines still being manufactured in Europe and the US which are suddenly available for export.

This is what they've been waiting for, the lines are long to get your hands on this 'surplus' and it will likely take years to get it out to everybody.

If I had to guess, and I do then I suspect that it will be supplied to those who can demonstrate that they can efficiently and effectively distribute the vaccine once it's delivered. There will be countries who haven't got any vaccination infrastructure in place yet - these will get it last.

All the recent big orders I have seen on the world  are either scheduled for late in this year, or sometime in the next,

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly. 

We need to watch places like UK and even USA now. As attitudes become more relaxed and restrictions of any form get thrown out the window, then cases can climb again. Add to that a very contagious variant (Mr Delta) and the 70% notion means little.

I don't follow the UK situation. Are they not currently moving to 'lets go' attitude?

Here the UK the government has dropped nearly all restrictions, with the onus of we must still be cautious. Basically it puts the responsibility on the population to take precautions, which as we all know a percentage will and a percentage won't. If it all goes wrong the government can say it's down the public for not taking precautions. Typical political get of jail free card, bit like Prayuth trying to blame everyone but himself for the situation in Thailand the other week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I have donated to a government hospital in a rural area that is desperately trying to buy equipment to set up units for critical and near critical patients.  They don't get any emergency budget from the government to do this and are short of everything. You can also get a double tax deduction for donations to hospitals.

Donated already to a hospital. Rather help the people on the street and isolating at home that the government has abandoned,like we already do. I just wish I could do more for them is what I meant. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The more advanced countries in the world are reaching a point where they no longer require a mass vaccination roll out - not to the degree that they've been doing it for the first half of the year.

So there will be a massive surplus of vaccines still being manufactured in Europe and the US which are suddenly available for export.

This is what they've been waiting for, the lines are long to get your hands on this 'surplus' and it will likely take years to get it out to everybody.

If I had to guess, and I do then I suspect that it will be supplied to those who can demonstrate that they can efficiently and effectively distribute the vaccine once it's delivered. There will be countries who haven't got any vaccination infrastructure in place yet - these will get it last.

You are right there will be a big surplus fairly soon. But apart from some donations to specific countries for specific reasons, I think a lot of those donations will go to covax. I think that was the general plan anyway. I suppose Thailand will get in that queue eventually.

I also agree that surely covax and individual countries, will not distribute more vaccines than a donee country can reasonably disseminate. That would be pointless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I also agree that surely covax and individual countries, will not distribute more vaccines than a donee country can reasonably disseminate. That would be pointless.

It also explains Thailands initially puzzling 'we can vaccinate 1 million people per day' remark, we all know they don't have 1 million shots to use per day - not yet anyway.

Their plan is becoming clearer, I suspect they've got their eyes on a big chunk of the surplus supplies.

6 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Here the UK the government has dropped nearly all restrictions, with the onus of we must still be cautious.

So your currently in UK.

Can you guage the public feeling.

I realize it's not black/white question, however, do people generally feel....

"It's about time...let's party" Or 

"We need to be measured and vigilant"

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

About a week back I posted small account of friend of ours: Thai 50yr felt ill. Purchased self test kit positive. Having health insurance had test private hospital 3000baht and that was positive.

So just today we now find out that his wife and 2 children have tested positive.

To me this is unusual. 

A family of 4 and initially father ill and later the whole family. Talk about one in all in.

At this point not sure of the degree of individuals symptoms.

I don’t think that is unusual Dr Jack. Actually, if one person is sick and in close proximity to specific people for extended periods of time, as is likely with a family, I personally would adopt the other side of the coin and be surprised if the didn’t all catch it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It also explains Thailands initially puzzling 'we can vaccinate 1 million people per day' remark, we all know they don't have 1 million shots to use per day - not yet anyway.

Their plan is becoming clearer, I suspect they've got their eyes on a big chunk of the surplus supplies.

I see what you mean. The Anutin quote had a bigger audience than just people in Thailand. It’s what is being said in other discussions with potential donors of vaccine.

good spot.

Edited by wensiensheng

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

The more advanced countries will be seriously weighing up the options of a third dose.

Economics will be to the fore here.

Cost of a third shot to an entire population which enables an economy to function normally will be money well spent.

I'd expect US, UK and Europe to be lining up third doses now, though not broadcasting the fact too much, whilst being seen to be "generously" donating stock to other parts of the world.

When the buttons get pressed, everyone else will have to wait.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/pfizer-says-third-dose-increases-delta-variant-protection/

Edited by meltonpie

44 minutes ago, anchadian said:

‘Healthy’ monk dies 2 weeks after AstraZeneca jab

A 73-year-old monk from Nakhon Ratchasima died on Thursday after receiving his first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine two weeks ago.

Wat Khok Phai temple informed the headman of Khok Phai village that the monk was found dead inside his residence. The deceased monk was identified as Phra Guang Smajaro.

The village headman called rescue staff, but they refused to retrieve the body, fearing they might catch Covid-19.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003915

Tenuous link maybe. Within 3 wks seems to fit but 73 throws in doubt to the link. Not that it matters. Others countries have made definite causal links but the the experts here (I'm sure under guidence) have made no such links. Not a single one.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I personally would adopt the other side of the coin and be surprised if the didn’t all catch it.

4 outta 4 is good strike rate. 

Thinking Mr Delta is Optimus Prime of the covid 19 family.

• Haha 2

Vaccine donations from foreign countries to Thailand - 2021

China - 1 million doses - Sinovac (CoronaVac) - May & June

Japan - 1.05 million doses - AstraZeneca - July

USA - 1.5 + 1 million doses - Pfizer - July (1.5m)

UK - 415,000 doses - AstraZeneca - August

https://twitter.com/8td/status/1420670420500373510

• Like 2

As I said yesterday.

with the exponential rise of cases daily, within two weeks Thailand will be in the 30,000+ per day, if they have enough PCR test kits, and if all the figures are added daily.

The graph supplied daily (above) in this article shows the current rise and is possible to calculate if the current trend keeps rising.

It is also quite funny to see mitigating circumstances of prisoners to show that they are added separately. I wonder what other group will be added soon to mitigate the numbers further of non-important numbers?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

tell it to brazil. there the wave never ends

It's the middle of Winter in Brazil

In just a few short months it will be winter in the northern hemisphere as well, nobody knows what to expect at this stage.

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

Sweden doesn't test at arrival. The Thai agent in Thailand probably provided fake certs to most of them. Easy to do unfortunately

Total BS!

Sweden travel restrictions:

They really test pickers when entry country and isolate them for 7 days.

https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-police/the-coronavirus-and-the-swedish-police/travel-to-and-from-sweden/

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Vaccine donations from foreign countries to Thailand - 2021

China - 1 million doses - Sinovac (CoronaVac) - May & June

Japan - 1.05 million doses - AstraZeneca - July

USA - 1.5 + 1 million doses - Pfizer - July (1.5m)

UK - 415,000 doses - AstraZeneca - August

https://twitter.com/8td/status/1420670420500373510

CCP: "We will will donate 1 million but you buy 10 million". "We sell to you cheap but you say cost more". Owner of large food processing business in Thailand says to Prayut. "Very good deal. We all profit". 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

Thai govt is doubling down in its fight against “fake news” during this #COVID19 pandemic as

@prmdes_official is setting up a task force on the behest of PM @prayutofficial's

orders. This follows criticisms against emergency clauses that could punish criticisms of the govt.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1420685971582951426

37 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

My view is the media is to blame for scaring so many ill-informed people into believing in dangers of vaccination.  I've seen so many news headlines deliberately worded in scary ways just as click bait. 

The thing is, many ignorant, or uneducated, or uninterested people only read the headlines, not the story itself. 

And then there are the anti-vax scientists who who make unfounded remarks just to get in the spotlight about things like immunity-escape theories of vaccines and how that means that getting a vaccination could increase the possibilities of of never getting rid of Covid!

And of course the lunatic-fringe of celebrities that come out against vaccines for entirely unscientific reasons.  It's no wonder so many people refuse to want vaccination.

As if the situation with Delta is not bad enough, we have to deal with self-serving people in the public spotlight for this type of irresponsible and counter productive behavior ??? ????

If there ever was a situation where vaccination became mandatory, this is it.  Authorities may not be able to force you to get vaccinated, but they will have the power to make your life pretty problematic if you don't, and I think that's just the way it will go....and I think that would be a good thing, not a bad thing (just my opinion, mind you) 

France being an example. Vaccination passports to be required to enter museums and I think some other buildings. Can’t recall which off hand. Some push back from the populace, presumably those who opted not to vaccinate.

edit: details here:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210721-france-launches-vaccine-pass-for-cultural-venues-1

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2