Do you have a Plan B if Prayut imposes the Wuhan option?

Guderian

3 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Don't read too much into this, but my condo committee has published a new rule stating that tunneling is a forbidden activity without the express permission of the Escape Committee, and the obligatory payment of a 2,000 Baht deposit

It may be a bit problematic trying to tunnel from a 15th floor condo ....????

• Haha 2

Was in my Tesco Lotus yesterday no one panic buying everything was normal a shortage of some pork products which was mentioned last time due to Covid-19  no fresh potatoes so bought at the local market 

Just remember Don't Panic Captain Mainwaring ????

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Wigan? I take it that's an autocorrect error?????

I don’t think so I’ve heard it been like that in Wigan for years now. It’s not that they aren’t allowed to go out….just too scared.

• Like 1

Thailand is not capable of nor has the will, to lock in everyone and provide them food / drink / sustenance / meds / etc.. Any attempt to do so would be token at best, riddled with exceptions and flaws, and irrelevant.. 

I am on lockdown already.. Since I cant get a drink with food I basically have been chilling at home, pool and bbq, hanging with my dogs, working on my bikes.. A lockdown for me just changes the size of the shop I need to perform. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, bbko said:

"It’s being discussed on and off...", being discussed by whom?

By the people whom it will not affect and who will be granted free travel rights. 
Wealthy.  Connected.  Etc. 

• Like 1

Stricter controls are inevitable. Look at how the Delta variant spreads. Without vaccines the only way to control the Delta variant is with lockdowns. If you allow the virus to go uncontrolled then everything we rely on in our modern cities will cease to function properly.

• Like 1

I have some friends that were drinking beer in bars in Pattaya, whilst the UK was in lock down, and then went back to the UK to visit family etc, and are now sat in bars there whilst Pattaya is in lock down. 

Some was by design, but some of it was also luck.  It seems they haven't really experienced much of the negatives of covid lockdown at all.  

Important to be stocked up with food like noodles and rice.  Great to have a Freezer for steaks,prawns, etc.

Plenty of cash. 

Fill up our cars and motorcycles with gas.

Be mentally prepared and don't drink too much alcohol.

• Confused 1

Prayut seems to be playing his cards close to his chest at the moment, the only mention I’ve seen of Wuhan from him this week was when he said that he really didn’t want to have to use it at this stage. Which leaves the obvious question: at what stage does he actually want to use it?

There was a decent piece in the Bangkok Post a week or so back, but we’re not allowed to link to or quote from that source. The title is self-explanatory, just ask Google to look for something along the lines of a Wuhan lockdown will not work here, by Chartchai Parasuk. I must say that I agree with him, but that doesn’t mean the lunatics running the Thai asylum will take any notice.

There’s also an item where 40 big cheese CEO’s reject the Wuhan option, but given what it would mean for their businesses it’s hardly surprising. Again, the question is will Prayut take any notice, as he seems to be inhabiting some sort of fantasy world these days?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-40-ceos-reject-wuhan-model-call-on-pm-to-control-pandemic-provide-compensation-boost-economy/

Edited by Guderian

I remember some 8 years ago I was living on top of one of Samui’s mountains a single concrete road led up to my house but the incline was very steep one night we had so much rain that we had a gigantic landslide with at least 70 tons of trees ,soil and granite going onto the road it must of been at least 3 mtrs high it took 7 days before I could get a digger to come and clear it meaning I was a prisoner in my own home and ended up living on boiled rice and water , since then I have always ensured that I have a months supply of non perishable food products just in case so I’m well prepared if a full lockdown becomes a reality and I expect that in the next week or two lockdown will come into force .

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:49 AM, Henryford said:

Impossible to implement here. How would you lock everyone in ? Many thais would be starving within a few weeks.

You mean days, people here in Isaan buy food daily not weekly or monthly.

I think it would be impossible to enforce nationwide but in specific locations, maybe they could lock it all down.

Whose is going to come round and collect your shopping list?

• Like 2