Media, internet users in Thailand warned about spreading fake news and scaremongering

webfact

With this rule in place, the Government should take total control of press announcements regarding Covid.

Every day there are conflicting reports from different agencies, all providing different information.

The various doctors out there, who all seem to have different predictions, should really watch their step, as should the various tourism authorities.

Of course MPs are no doubt not included within this, despite being the biggest culprits, due to the immunity to prosecution.

Still plenty of commentators from overseas who'll still be having their say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cunning Stunts said:

Do the same, except I run 5km each day............and not for one minute do I think any of it would prevent me contracting and recovering/dying from covid.........(with the exception of obesity/diabetes). My point was there are are no irrefutable remedies to treat covid other than vaccines.

this was meant purely in a preventative context.  i have not been sick in 15 years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, malibukid said:

this was meant purely in a preventative context.  i have not been sick in 15 years.

Purely anecdotal.......and I am being guilty of the same thing saying I have seen some of the finest, fittest human beings on earth die within a week of contracting covid.......ultimately it is all down to your interferon response......plenty of people in the 90's have survived!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cunning Stunts said:

So, at the risk of missing the point entirely again you are saying.......

There are perfectly good, irrefutably proven, remedies for covid19 out there.........but somehow the world's media and Pharma have all colluded to prevent us from knowing about them, allowing the world to be torn apart by this pandemic........so Pharma can sell their vaccines?

And if I read your links I can go out today and buy something that will either prevent me from getting covid19 or cure me if I get it.

Really?

Just tell me what to buy.

To find out what to buy you can Google the following:

MATH+ Protocol.

I am sorry but I am not allowed to provide a link.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Antonymous said:

To find out what to buy you can Google the following:

MATH+ Protocol.

I am sorry but I am not allowed to provide a link.

No link required......just tell me the one thing I have to buy should I contract covid19.....that will cure me.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

the authority to obtain IP addresses from internet service providers

1984!! What if the person does not live in Thailand??? Send the "men in black" to dump that person's body in the Mekong River????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, malibukid said:

diet and exercise.  stop abusing your body with drink and drugs for starters.  walk at least 5k a day but running even  better.  exercise builds antibodies.  avoid junk food at all cost.  stop sugar and diary.  i have done this and feel like 20 again.

Feel 20?

Did it - got myself a 20YO GF

Has new nickname 20

Feeling 20 every day!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

What would happen if the IP lives outside Thailand?? Send the "men in black" to dump the body in the Mekong???

Nope they have a contract with the North Korea boys who bully barbers for offering a leader's haircut

Outsourced

Job done

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Oppression, when used to mask institutional failure is a pathetic thing to witness. Kind of reminds me a bit of Cuba, or North Korea. Both failed states. Very weak, Prayuth. You are a failed man, leading a nearly failed state. 

We know you well enough by now. And we know what this ban means. It means all criticism of your failures will be prohibited and enforced by your corrupt and pathetic police. You are a weak man, who is showing his panic, and it only makes your weakness and extreme failures more apparent. And despite the potential dangers, hopefully few of us will take these threats to heart and submit to your CCP type tactics. 

Based on the number of cases, the lack of a lockdown around Samut, that infamous day back in December, the issues at the borders with migrant crossings and YOUR super corrupt border officials, the incredibly feeble vaccination drives taking place thus far, the bizarre bans on some businesses but not others, (transparent cronyism and massive corruption) the curfews, and the incoherent plan in terms of travel to a from highly infected areas, and the highly selective enforcement of closures, it seems safe to say that the credit the government was given during the first wave was misplaced, and undeserved, that it was more or less "dumb luck", and that we are not in particularly safe hands at the moment.

Might you be considering the altering of your mantra at the bottom of each comment? Seems to no longer apply?

2 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

I am sorry if this upsets you, but there is no 'one thing' that will cure you from Covid. There is no magic pill.

Building your immune system, lifestyle changes, etc, will help you to recover if you catch Covid. That is the first preventative step and may require considerable work on your part.

In addition there is an entire protocol of supplements and medications that you can follow that will help prevent you from any serious consequences if you catch Covid.

Then there is an additional protocol that you can follow at home without going to a hospital once you have Covid.

Finally there is a protocol for the hospital to follow that involves IV etc that you cannot do at home.

You can get all this information by Googling MATH+

I am trying to be helpful, trying to quell the fear that is so prevalent. The fear itself has negative consequences for your health.

Good luck.

Okay.....even if I totally accepted everything you are saying.........I just could not be arßed doing all that........when all I need is two jabs (or even one)....job done.........!!!!!

• Like 1

Thailand bans 'false messages' amid criticism of handling of coronavirus

2021-07-30T070749Z_1_LYNXMPEH6T0EA_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND-MEDIA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: People wearing masks queue outside the Central Vaccination Center as Thailand opens walk-in first dose of the AstraZeneca coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination scheme for elders, people with a minimum weight of 100 kg and pregnant women in Bangkok, Thailand, July 22, 2021. REUTERS/Chalinee Thirasupa

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand banned on Friday the dissemination of "false messages" that affect security, drawing accusations from media groups that it is trying to crack down on criticism of its handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said this week that the spread of fake news had become a major problem causing confusion in society and undermining the government's ability to manage the pandemic.

An emergency decree that took effect on Friday prohibits the dissemination of false messages and distorted news that cause panic, misunderstanding or confusion "affecting state security, abusing the rights of others, and order or good morality of the people".

The decree empowers the state regulator, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), to order service providers to block internet access to individual IP addresses if it believes they are disseminating false news and to inform the police to take legal action.

The decree comes after the government has faced public criticism over its handling of the pandemic.

For most of last year Thailand managed to keep the virus at bay but a recent surge of infections, driven by the Delta variant of the virus, has been the deadliest yet.

A sluggish vaccine roll-out has led to huge crowds queuing up day after day in some places for COVID tests and inoculations.

The government already has sweeping powers to enforce measures to tackle the coronavirus and rules for control of the internet. Authorities have been taking legal action against some people, including some celebrities and social media influencers, who have criticised the pandemic response.

These include 19-year-old rapper, Danupa "Milli" Khanatheerakul, who was fined 2,000 baht ($60) on a charge of "public insult" last week after accusing the government on social media of mishandling the COVID-19 crisis.

Six media associations said in a joint statement the government's legal actions showed "an intent to crack down on the freedom of expression enjoyed by the media and the public".

The associations are planning deliver a letter protesting against the government's new order on Friday.

The government has said that legal action against "false messages" was not aimed at silencing the media.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-07-30

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Cunning Stunts said:

Do the same, except I run 5km each day............and not for one minute do I think any of it would prevent me contracting and recovering/dying from covid.........(with the exception of obesity/diabetes). My point was there are are no irrefutable remedies to treat covid other than vaccines.

@Cunning Stunts  but it gives you better odds and the odds are already stacked in your favour.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@Cunning Stunts  but it gives you better odds and the odds are already stacked in your favour.  

Oh I agree......mitigating factors....every little thing helps.....masks, distancing etc........my beef is people telling me there are perfectly good cures out there.........media, parham and governments are keeping them quite because.......because......because??????

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand banned on Friday the dissemination of "false messages" that affect security, drawing accusations from media groups that it is trying to crack down on criticism of its handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

that is very disturbing

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

Might you be considering the altering of your mantra at the bottom of each comment? Seems to no longer apply?

Not at all. Still thrilled to not be in the US, though I barely recognize Thailand at the moment. 

• Like 1