Anyone else tired of the nonsense, and contemplating leaving Thailand?

1 minute ago, kynikoi said:

And two weeks in quarantine.

I don't think quarantine will last for ever, but, anyway, 2 weeks of Phuket holidays before continuing travel home is not so bad.

I mean, it's not like being jailed in ASQ hotel room in Bangkok for 15 days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, driver52 said:

well I wouldn't be that critical with my face on full view lol

North America is amazing it's just a shame about the folks who live there????

If I had family there I'd be tempted to go for a camper van and make the most of the weather by driving to Central America in the winter months......you could even be brave and try some of South America

Good luck whatever you decide!

Hope you weren't planning to drive from Central America to South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darién_Gap#Pan-American_Highway

You can bypass on a ferry, though.

The broke ass 60+ crowd think things gonna be alright. Ignore all, it goes away

But covid isn't going anywhere. Best you go home no matter the cost bc they'll let you die here and you'll pay to do it.

This covid thing gonna go wide so hope y'all pllan on staying in your bunkers FOREVER. My niece had mRNA vax and she has COVID-19. How you gonna deal??

Penny wise pound foolish - with your life

• Confused 7
  • Sad 6

45 minutes ago, desert dueller said:

I am thinking along similar lines. Just sick of the visa uncertainty, the constant rip-off attempts, and the takeover by a country further north. I am an EU citizen so lots of countries to choose from without any visa requirements. 

Yes, you are in a fortunate position. Being an American, not easy to get a visa to live within Europe. Contemplating. 

47 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

This normally pops up in my sign off signature, but today I'll promote it because it seems to me, that it applies in your case @spidermike007. Give it some thought.

‘It’s not things that upset us, it’s our judgement of things’
                                                                          Epictetus

Normally I would agree. Perspective is a big one. 

However, I know alot of Thais who are really in a world of hurt right now. Alot. And it is not just about Covid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

I understand what you say. But for me I could only return to Oz, which doesn't entice me, and there would be problems with b/f and his family here. We tried living in Oz together but it was too hard for him ...

So here we stay, fairly insulated in the provinces, leading our chosen lives (but without any travel). My b/f is resisting organizing us to get the jabs, but pressure from me is mounting ...

Oz is a good place, why is it hard for him?

5 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

There's no point worrying about things that don't impinge directly on your everyday life and/or that you cannot change.

What I read in your many long posts is an overwhelming anger tinged with angst, mainly about 'the govt/army'. There are very few of us expats who actually like the govt/army, but most of us manage better than you do to stand above it all and instead to concentrate on the many positives of living in Thailand.

You know what the positives are. They are available to you. The problem you face comes from within your mind.

My advice: try to chill, meditate, smoke some weed if that helps you to relax. Smell the roses. Stop blaming things outside your influence for the disappointment you feel within.

Remember that from your hospital bed or self imposed home-jail.

Get covid - go to hospital-jail.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6

18 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Oz is a good place, why is it hard for him?

Remote from family was the main thing: Large Khmer peasant family here, everything revolves around it.

Then there was the language problem (particularly written). He has no education & barely literate in Thai. Result: He operates by the family 'n friends network. Everything is done in consultation with the network. Avoids having to read written texts and to deal with officialdom (whence the difficulty in getting action on vaccination) ... So he loved Oz and NZ but couldn't really live there longterm.

5 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Remote from family was the main thing: Large Khmer peasant family here, everything revolves around it.

Then there was the language problem (particularly written). He has no education & barely literate in Thai. Result: He operates by the family 'n friends network. Everything is done in consultation with the network. Avoids having to read written texts and to deal with officialdom (whence the difficulty in getting action on vaccination) ... So he loved Oz and NZ but couldn't really live there longterm.

How do you communicate with him if he doesn't know basic English and even Thai?

it sounds like you've outgrown the country... money, image having the most followers on Instagram...  it's gets relatively less fulfilling...  things in Western countries: meaningful discussion, health and longevity, individualism and entrepreneurialism become increasingly of more value.  I'm always reminded of the Thai word for evil 'chûua' is very closely associated with deviate/ divert time from the 'normal' (used in demarcating time temporarily e.g. chûua mohng).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1