BPH

roger101

On 8/7/2021 at 6:38 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

Hmm, I'll check the sauce, but I also heard that the French Embassy were vaccinating their people at BPH (and have seen the vaccination certificates) so it could be mixed up with that.

Sauce verified, it's definitely HP, not Daddies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PattayaDavid said:

I'm 66 and filled out the registration form based on the link that someone had posted about a week and a half a half, maybe two weeks ago to received the AstraZeneca vaccine.  I went for my appointment this afternoon, scheduled between 1500 and 1600, but showed up early around 1420 and was accepted right away, no waiting.  What initially surprised me was that the first thing I was asked was if I wanted the AstraZeneca vaccine or the Pfizer vaccine so, of course, it was no brainer and I chose the Pfizer.  They asked to see the confirmation SMS which I received last night and my passport.  I was handed a questionnaire to fill out then sent to the reception desk where they assigned me a number and handed me the appointment for my second dose 3 weeks later.  On to the next station, they checked my blood pressure and off I went upstairs, 10th floor I believe, to get the jab.  Waiting time at every station was no longer than about 2 to 3 minutes.  I got the jab and off to the big conference room to be observed for 30 minutes and then I was done.  I was in and out of there well under an hour.  The staff were very professional and everything was setup to run very smoothly.  I was glad to be able to get the Pfizer vaccine.  I hope it goes this smoothly for the rest of you who have already signed up.  Thanks to whoever it was who had posted the link to BHP for the vaccine signup.

Hi PattayaDavid

Any Baht paid ?   How much for one shot ?

Just FYI - I did a little research this morning and it seems a lot of medical studies suggest that a shot of AZ and a shot of Pfizer (or Moderna) is better than 2 shots of the same vaccine.
That is because there are basically 3 types of vaccines and they work in different ways. One type uses "Viral Vector", like AZ and Sino. Another type uses "RNA" like Moderna and Pfizer and a 3rd type is something called "Sub-Unit" or Protein" like Novavac.

Keep in mind that no vaccine gives you 100% protection from getting infected. However research indicates that even a single vaccination of any type of vaccine will protect you against suffering the most severe effects if you do get infected. Which could make the difference between life and death for some people.

v2.thumb.png.27b478a82c76870ed04c898c4954f22b.png

• Like 1

Guess my last post was deleted for some reason.

Just got back from Central Festival.

The Pfizer vaccine is only for those who haven't had a vaccination before.

The form they give you asks if you've had a vaccination in the last 2 weeks but that is the standard form they use.

I was honest and told them I had an AZ shot over 2 weeks earlier.

They stopped doing my paperwork and sent me on my way.

Note: take a pen with you. If you grt to the heaf of the line and don't have your form filled out, they will send you to the back of the line !

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, Kerryd said:

ahd, where do people get these BS ideas from ? Oh right, they overheard someone in the bathroom talking about something the friend of a mate heard from a guy who went out with a girl who had a cousin that went to school with a guy who swears it's all true.

And that somehow make's it the gospel truth ! 

Judging by this forum, and a few others, Covid seems to have brought out the inner 'panicking moron' in a lot of expats. 

37 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Guess my last post was deleted for some reason.

Just got back from Central Festival.

The Pfizer vaccine is only for those who haven't had a vaccination before.

The form they give you asks if you've had a vaccination in the last 2 weeks but that is the standard form they use.

I was honest and told them I had an AZ shot over 2 weeks earlier.

They stopped doing my paperwork and sent me on my way.

Note: take a pen with you. If you grt to the heaf of the line and don't have your form filled out, they will send you to the back of the line !

You have had no posts removed, look harder Kerry

26 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

You have had no posts removed, look harder Kerry

My bad.
I thought it was the last post in one of the threads I'd posted in this morning but it was higher in the other thread.

(And I was on my phone at the time instead of on the computer as I am now.)
Hate trying to surf the forum and type posts on the phone.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sure.?.. My belief was AZ is a viral vector, while the Sino is inactivated virus. 

I lumped those two together because they sort of work in the same way. From the CDC:
"Viral vector vaccines use a modified version of a different virus (the vector) to deliver important instructions to our cells."

1. First, the vector (not the virus that causes COVID-19, but a different, harmless virus) will enter a cell in our body and then use the cell’s machinery to produce a harmless piece of the virus that causes COVID-19. This piece is known as a spike protein and it is only found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.
  2. Next, the cell displays the spike protein on its surface, and our immune system recognizes it doesn’t belong there. This triggers our immune system to begin producing antibodies and activating other immune cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection."
    (Their bolding - not mine.)

"Inactivated vaccines also fight viruses and bacteria. These vaccines are made by inactivating, or killing, the germ during the process of making the vaccine. "
So both use virus cells to teach the body what to look for and how to fight the Covid-19 virus.

Which is of course quite a bit different from the RNA vaccines.

The 3rd type (Sub Unit or Protein) vaccines work by using "harmless pieces of protein" from the virus to "teach" the body to recognize the virus and develop antibodies.

There are other ways to make vaccines as well but according to the CDC:
"Currently, there are three main types of COVID-19 vaccines that are authorized and recommended or undergoing large-scale (Phase 3) clinical trials in the United States."
(Those are mRNA, Protein Sub-unit and Viral Vector.)

Sino uses inactivated (i.e. "dead") virus cells.