41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

46 minutes ago, Dario said:

Hi from here out in the sticks, deepest Esan. Got the message from my Embassy yesterday that I could register for a first shot, couldn't really believe it. I'm over 75 and try to keep up with Diabetes mellus since around 20 years. Went with my Missus this late morning to the hospital which takes care of my diabetes, for a medical certificate. All done and set within one hour. Arrived at home and sent my application. I was greeted with a success message. Now waiting ....

registration for covid vacc success 170821 1336.PNG

I don't want to dampen your hopes, but I got that message on August 2nd and have today received a rejection message. See my post on the previous page.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just received this email rejecting my application submitted on August 2nd for a vaccination using the expatvac.consular.go.th website. The reason for rejection is "lack of required visas". I attached my passport ID page, the First page of the passport with details of my Non-O visa and latest extension stamp to the application. Maybe something went wrong during the attach files process.

1952997669_ExpatvacRejection.jpg.337ebcf6c1dda0710441d71f5ae54873.jpg

After receiving this email, I've successfully registered again with a different email address and a slight variation of my given name and the whole of my passport as a single pdf file. Suppose I'll have to wait another 14 days to see what happens (if anything)

I received mine an hour ago but their send time is a.m. And talk about recognition...seems they don't use names either.

reisterreject.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks like another blooper. Why are there only reports of rejections and none of actual appointments?

This can't be very automated, they must be opening the attachments manually and firing off this email if something is missing.

Or are they putting the valid ones on another list to be sent out with appointment info which they may not yet have?

I do recall seeing many having difficulty with the 2 attachment processes.

One question: Can I assume at age 66 proof of my underlying conditions is not really needed?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Saltire said:

One question: Can I assume at age 66 proof of my underlying conditions is not really needed?

Sorry that would not be correct.

"Please attach page with proof of underlying condition".    I actually found a medical record that included required words "Medical Certificate" and sent that with my registration application..

Just another failure in the bungled process of getting a list of people to vaccinate here in Thailand.

Maybe this is merely a test run for the Thai government.

7 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Sorry that would not be correct.

"Please attach page with proof of underlying condition".    I actually found a medical record that included required words "Medical Certificate" and sent that with my registration application..

Just another failure in the bungled process of getting a list of people to vaccinate here in Thailand.

Maybe this is merely a test run for the Thai government.

I believe being over 60 is enough for a jab, as so far they have only been asking those under 60 who turn up at centres like Bang Sue claiming to have conditions, to show proof.

Just to be on the safe side I did attach the front page of a report I got from a checkup at Sukhumvit Hospital Bangkok about 2 years ago. All my conditions started before I left the UK 10 years ago, and so far (touch wood) heve never had to visit a hospital for those so nothing is documented in Thailand. The report clearly shows existing conditions and hopefully that will do, but am pretty sure being old is enough.

My only visits are the once a year medical certificate from the local hospital for my extension renewal, and they just ask how I am, I say feeling good doc, and he gives me the paper.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

I believe being over 60 is enough for a jab, as so far they have only been asking those under 60 who turn up at centres like Bang Sue claiming to have conditions, to show proof.

I just reported on my experience while trying to register on the site.

My reporting is accurate to the best of my knowledge but doesn't matter in the end.     My application, as noted, was rejected.

Your experience may be entirely different than mine.

• Sad 1

Another cluster cluck* by the morons who design these web sites.

I believe they are now aware of the problem.

Who knows how it will be repaired.

One thing for sure the Czar and Anutin will profit from it.

Edited by bdenner
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Me too

According to Richard Barrow, this reject for being on a retirement visa is an known issue and MoF are aware of it and working to resolve it.   I suspect some who were doing the verification got confused about permanent residency and non-immigrant visa for the purpose of retirement and invalidated it wrongly.   This does clear up the fact that I was absolutely correct about the process and that they would be validating the visa before passing it on to MoPH. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

According to Richard Barrow, this reject for being on a retirement visa is an known issue and MoF are aware of it and working to resolve it.   I suspect some who were doing the verification got confused about permanent residency and non-immigrant visa for the purpose of retirement and invalidated it wrongly.   This does clear up the fact that I was absolutely correct about the process and that they would be validating the visa before passing it on to MoPH. 

so are you saying it's a farang far up or a thai one .. ?     lol

• Confused 2

On 8/14/2021 at 12:06 PM, mommysboy said:

Why would they want to check it?   Other than perhaps to confirm you are not Thai.  Think too mut!

It looks like you were the one that was wrong about the visa being validated before the reservation would be accepted by MoF.  However it looks as though some processing them may have incorrectly excluded those on a non-immigrant visa for the purposes of retirement. 

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

so are you saying it's a farang far up or a thai one .. ?     lol

If they are taking responsibility for this and trying to resolve it... (admission of loss of face)... then obviously it is not the one registering that was at fault.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just received this email rejecting my application submitted on August 2nd for a vaccination using the expatvac.consular.go.th website. The reason for rejection is "lack of required visas". I attached my passport ID page, the First page of the passport with details of my Non-O visa and latest extension stamp to the application. Maybe something went wrong during the attach files process.

1952997669_ExpatvacRejection.jpg.337ebcf6c1dda0710441d71f5ae54873.jpg

After receiving this email, I've successfully registered again with a different email address and a slight variation of my given name and the whole of my passport as a single pdf file. Suppose I'll have to wait another 14 days to see what happens (if anything)

That's a bummer, I could only upload my front page of my passport as it wouldn't allow me, or I could see my visa page being uploaded when I tried, I also uploaded them a letter from my Cardiologist outlining my condition on the other tab. I do recall a box I ticked stating that I had a Non-O-Visa which I would assume they would check when one would their passport to them before they provide you with the vax.

I would have rang them and asked what was wrong with your visa and try to retain your position as opposed to submitting it again, also I am assuming you fit the main criteria being above 60 with or without a pre-existing condition ?

Today I received the following from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand for my "Registration COVID-19 vaccination for foreign residents".

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply. After review your registration, you did not upload all required documents. You must attach both passport and visa or permanent resident card. 

However, when I go to the link provided it does not allow me to add the required document and just says "Registration SUCCESS".

Registration SUCCESS

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I received mine an hour ago but their send time is a.m. And talk about recognition...seems they don't use names either.

reisterreject.JPG

Least some answer.

I got nothing at all. Not that really expect.

Not old enough, not sick enough, not connected enough, in rural chaiyaphum...although willing to travel for the right vaccine.

Just not important enough to even an automatic mail saying 'no'. ????

I registered on Aug 1st, am 63 years old and registered successfully. I haven't had any contact since. Neither declined or accepted through either expatvac or Khon kean hospital website sign up. Resident in Udon Thani FWIW

Edited by kwonitoy

2 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

I registered on Aug 1st, am 63 years old and registered successfully. I haven't had any contact since. Neither declined or accepted through either expatvac or Khon kean hospital website sign up. Resident in Udon Thani FWIW

I'm registered at Khon Kaen hospital. 

Do you have a link for a website to register? 

8 hours ago, tingtong said:

Least some answer.

Not old enough, not sick enough, not connected enough, in rural chaiyaphum...although willing to travel for the right vaccine.

Chin up tingtong. Nice place you live in.

19 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

@SiamesecarperDo you need to live in KK province to do that?

No. I was accepted (under the thailandintervac.com scheme, not expatvac.com) with my address in southern Sisaket province. The instructions say KK province plus nearby provinces. I guess they accept that all Isaan provinces are 'nearby' (since I'm 314km away from KK!).

Thank goodness I made a back-up application via thailandintervac.com (on 5-August; successful easy registration, appointment confirmation on 16-Aug for AZ on 21-Aug; application via intervac to Bumrungrad was also successful for Pfizer, which I have now cancelled - prefer PF, but prefer not to expose myself to BKK & self-isolate on return).

Yesterday I got the standard b%ll%k$ rejection from expatvac (applied 2-Aug) that I am not a foreigner residing in Thailand - 'cos they can't design a system to receive and process the visa/retirement extension  info correctly.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tingtong said:

Least some answer.

expatvac.com made it clear that registration was only for foreigners that met the government's targeted risk criteria of over 60 or a specified 1 of 7 health condition. But I guess it would have been polite of them to have pointed out your mistake. thailandntervac.com did not restrict applications to foreigners but if you clicked through to register with a specific hospital some of them imposed the same targeted older/sicker farangs.

Maybe worth searching the intervac hospitals to see if any that do not have that restriction are still taking registrations. Some of the hospitals still were a coupla days ago but maybe not now. [Note that nearest to you BKK Hospital Khon Kaen did have the older/sicker limitation last time I looked].

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

If you have not received a rejection from expatvac.com (many of us have because of some screw-up over visa recognition by the receiving authorities) then there is still hope for you. I have not seen any posters say that they have received an appointment confirmation from expatvac.conm and probably they will not now send until they have sorted out their mess - could be days, but probably not weeks.

7 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

expatvac.com made it clear that registration was only for foreigners that met the government's targeted risk criteria of over 60 or a specified 1 of 7 health condition. But I guess it would have been polite of them to have pointed out your mistake. thailandntervac.com did not restrict applications to foreigners but if you clicked through to register with a specific hospital some of them imposed the same targeted older/sicker farangs.

no, expatvac can register any first timer over 18 yo.

Thailandintervac is for over 60 and ill.

Now expatvac might try to spin some of those 150k pfizer allocated to foreigners towards diplomats from the foreign ministry, as well as some more towards military and police ministries. So I would not be surprised as if they also exclude now those 18-59, that's why they are suggesting for the last few days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, internationalism said:

no, expatvac can register any first timer over 18 yo.

Thailandintervac is for over 60 and ill.

Now expatvac might try to spin some of those 150k pfizer allocated to foreigners towards diplomats from the foreign ministry, as well as some more towards military and police ministries. So I would not be surprised as if they also exclude now those 18-59, that's why they are suggesting for the last few days

Thanks for the correction. Youre right I got it completely a___ about f___!

• Like 1

expatvac   Thailandintervac  I registered  at both of theses sites here goes what happened. The expat one I enrolled 2  weeks b4 the other one.

Got my first jab of AZ via Thailandintervac Friday the 13th August   On the 17th got a email informing me that I was to report to the 6th floor of the Central Plaza Pattaya  on the 18th at 11-30 am for my first jab of Pfizer. I did not go for that one. So in the end it does work depends how lucky one seems to be. I am 74 no ill health. Got a reaction after the jab 9 hours later fever and shake. shakes went a way fever stayed for 24 hours all good now I go for my 2nd jab of hopefully AZ or Pfizer on the 5th of November at Samitivej Sriracha Hospital

• Thanks 1