41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

24 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I do not think it is fake, but the admin process expectations here were completely without foundation.  What did the website ask for when you logged in?  The normal details and then medical certificate from hospital from preconditions... but also your passport details with your visa page, photo page etc.  This was submitted to MoF.   After they verify this data it has to be transferred to MoPH.  That means they have to probably manually review every record that was submitted, take the passport data and then compare it to the immigration system and mark it verified or not.  This data then has to be transferred to the MoPH (which another indicated happened in the last few days - my guess - that Aug. 11th date mentioned).  The MoPH then has to go through and verify the medical certificates and import it into their system and prioritize the cases... once approved this data has to be referred to IT that would be responsible for electronically sending out appointments to you, me and everyone else and provide a way for you to confirm in 24 hours.  This process also takes time and is not immediate.  If we are lucky the first batch of people (60+ and pre-existing conditions) will start receiving appointments later on this week.

sorry but I do not agree, you are over thinking this 

they won't be checking anything - why should they 

we gave our DOB - copy passport, they are not looking for people submitting fake doccuments - it is a simple registration for a vaccine - your passport is your Id - nothing more

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sapson said:

As with most of us no replies yet from ExpactVac registration re dates or vaccine.

However thailandintervac has now added Bkk hospital Khon Kaen to their list, the registration is kind of working offers a choice of vaccines in drop down menu, but the webpage states clearly offer is for Astra Zeneca first shot at KK central plaza in one week.

Wouldnt allow a time slot selection although options shown, so maybe fully subscribed already.

I registered for KK 10 days ago and was successful having been able to select a time slot for next Saturday. On screen message said "You have successfully registered and Please wait for confirm date and time to your e-mail".

So, probably likely that you were a bit late. However I am sceptical whether I will get confirmation. I'll chase them by phone in a few days time. Similar story with my Bumrungrad registration (before I noticed I could potentially get vax in Isaan without self-isolation) and my expatvac early registration. All successful but no appointment yet.

You may be no worse off than the rest of us as I have seen noone else getting an appointment from expatvac yet or Bumrungrad/BPH Khon Kaen via intervac (unless they applied to intervac for one of those latter two at an earlier stage than the intervac website's 2nd exposure around 4-Aug).

Isaan dwelling 70 yo with a couple of the 7 conditions (but no med certs yet - will get if I'm unsuccessful with current registrations, you never know, perhaps 2 risk factors might be the equivalent of a 'royal flush' later on).

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

we gave our DOB - copy passport, they are not looking for people submitting fake doccuments - it is a simple registration for a vaccine - your passport is your Id - nothing more

The signup does not apply to all immigration status... no option for tourist visa, or visa waiver only for 'expats' here on one of the other visas (like Non-Imm O and work permit related ones).  When they ask for copies of your passport and visa pages, it usually means they plan to check it...  if not, why would they ask for that?  They would just ask for your passport number (like other sights do - as your ID).

Edited by bkkcanuck8

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

Over thinking, seems to be endemic in these fora at the moment. 

Artisi

Nice postscript, I thought "It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia, Arthur Conan Doyle)"

But then, if you have the data, doesn't it become an analysis, not a theory?

Woops there I go - overthinking stuff!

31 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Hear nothing from expatvax. Think they could not keep their fingers away from the Pfizer, to the expats, think some hiso or uniformed people are happy to get unexpected pfizer.

I was offered sinovac at the amphur, the other day, not from Expatvac, but from my many times knocking on the Amphur door, but I said no thanks.

I will get to much problems with the chineese vac, bad protection, no knowledge to it in my homecountry in europe, that will mean I will be treated like a nonvaccinated and then maybe I will not get homecountry vax because they are afraid of the mix with the chinese vax, because they do not have enough documentation about the chinese vax.

There was a lot of elderly thais at the Amphur, they accept the sino... they look happy to get it, maybe I am wrong, I hope not.

A nurse at the amphur told me, she will try to get astra  for me, I will see what happends, in the last end I have registrated and paid for Moderna at oct, but hard to believe they can keep their fingers away from this too.

I was offered and accepted Sinovac by Phitsanulok heath dept., not my choice of vaccine but I now get AZ on the 1st sept, will then bide my time for a 3rd shot of AZ or Pfizer or similar when the rush dies down. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

Just as a reminder guys, when you do get your appointment from Expatvac, don't forget to take with you....

1) Your passport

2) Copy of email showing appointment

3) Medical certificate (if you have underlying illnesses)

4) Bank book showing minimum 400,000 baht balance

????????????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

The signup does not apply to all immigration status... no option for tourist visa, or visa waiver only for 'expats' here on one of the other visas (like Non-Imm O and work permit related ones).  When they ask for copies of your passport and visa pages, it usually means they plan to check it...  if not, why would they ask for that?  They would just ask for your passport number (like other sights do - as your ID).

so is that why Thaiintervac only require passport page for id - no mention of a visa or anything else - do you think these programs are somehow different ........................................ I don't think so 

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I do not think it is fake, but the admin process expectations here were completely without foundation.  What did the website ask for when you logged in?  The normal details and then medical certificate from hospital from preconditions... but also your passport details with your visa page, photo page etc.  This was submitted to MoF.   After they verify this data it has to be transferred to MoPH.  That means they have to probably manually review every record that was submitted, take the passport data and then compare it to the immigration system and mark it verified or not.  This data then has to be transferred to the MoPH (which another indicated happened in the last few days - my guess - that Aug. 11th date mentioned).  The MoPH then has to go through and verify the medical certificates and import it into their system and prioritize the cases... once approved this data has to be referred to IT that would be responsible for electronically sending out appointments to you, me and everyone else and provide a way for you to confirm in 24 hours.  This process also takes time and is not immediate.  If we are lucky the first batch of people (60+ and pre-existing conditions) will start receiving appointments later on this week.

I registered on 1st August and I have just checked all my 3 email sites plus the spam folder in each one but nothing about vaccination dates yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Just as a reminder guys, when you do get your appointment from Expatvac, don't forget to take with you....

1) Your passport

????????????

Why would I need my bankbook showing 400,000 baht. 

I don't use that method but I use income instead. 

what I cannot figure out is that Thailandintervac.com is working and operates under the rules of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but is run by Ministry of health, but Expatvac is run by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it is as though they are trying to compete with eachother - expatvac seems to have lost

what is the point of having these two booking sites when they more or less the same

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

what I cannot figure out is that Thailandintervac.com is working and operates under the rules of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but is run by Ministry of health, but Expatvac is run by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it is as though they are trying to compete with eachother - expatvac seems to have lost

what is the point of having these two booking sites when they more or less the same

If you are located in the sticks the Min of Pub Health will fix your appointment. Expatvac says so.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand

Edited by mahtin
add
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

1) Your passport

????????????

And  sing the national anthem?

• Haha 2

Burapha University Hospital in Chonburi has posted on its Facebook page that Pfizer is now available for childern 12 to 18 with conditions, pregnant women, those over 60 and those under 60 with conditions.  I believe it says that they have been provided a list of recipients and ask that everyone verify if your name is on that list.   However, it looks like there is currently only 1 person on that list.  Maybe someone with better thai reading skills can verify what they are saying.

Link provided by Burapha Hospital on their facebook page:

https://buh.buu.ac.th/covidvaccine/

Maybe this is the start of expatvac sending out lists of eligible recipients to local hospitals.  I just checked and have not receipved anything.

8 hours ago, mahtin said:

Turn up on the 21st at 10?

Presume it didnt actually ask you to turn up at 10 am.?

Mine was the same pop up box advised was registered but no time slot choice accepted, will wait for email or phone them.

Actually for Burapha you need to enter your ID card number (whatever that is) to verify if your name is on the list for Pfizer starting Monday morning.  For some reason if left blank the name of a gentleman pops up (farang).  Tried with my passport number and did not match.

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

I registered on 1st August and I have just checked all my 3 email sites plus the spam folder in each one but nothing about vaccination dates yet.

The list was just handed over to MoPH a few days ago, you have to wait now on whatever processes, regulations etc. that they have.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JS747 said:

Actually for Burapha you need to enter your ID card number (whatever that is) to verify if your name is on the list for Pfizer starting Monday morning.  For some reason if left blank the name of a gentleman pops up (farang).  Tried with my passport number and did not match.

ID card number is 13 digits - if you have yellow house book it's there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sapson said:

Presume it didnt actually ask you to turn up at 10 am.?

Mine was the same pop up box advised was registered but no time slot choice accepted, will wait for email or phone them.

No, just the same as you.

Please keep us all posted with any developments.

12 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Why would they want to check it?   Other than perhaps to confirm you are not Thai.  Think too mut!

3 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Why would they want to check it?   Other than perhaps to confirm you are not Thai.  Think too mut!

I have a sneaking suspicion that the expatvac through MoF was suppose to be different expat only registration as part of an unofficial agreement with the US ambassador (just a guess) [though once it is transferred to MoPH to administer it likely will be exactly the same for everyone].  If you read the site and the announcement it specifically lists a subset of foreigners in Thailand that are eligible for this registration [non-immigrant visas, permanent residence card, work permits along with diplomats and international organizations (my guess that means NGOs) - or foreigners with social security numbers... ].   Specifically excluded from the site were tourists (long term or otherwise) with the expectation that they would have to go home to be immunized (after all they are just tourists - no need wasting vaccine on people that can get them in a country with more supply)....   this exclusion was not an accident as it would have been easier to say foreign nationals in Thailand.

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the expatvac through MoF was suppose to be different expat only registration as part of an unofficial agreement with the US ambassador (just a guess) [though once it is transferred to MoPH to administer it likely will be exactly the same for everyone].  If you read the site and the announcement it specifically lists a subset of foreigners in Thailand that are eligible for this registration [non-immigrant visas, permanent residence card, work permits along with diplomats and international organizations (my guess that means NGOs) - or foreigners with social security numbers... ].   Specifically excluded from the site were tourists (long term or otherwise) with the expectation that they would have to go home to be immunized (after all they are just tourists - no need wasting vaccine on people that can get them in a country with more supply)....   this exclusion was not an accident as it would have been easier to say foreign nationals in Thailand.

The reality is a foreigner is going to register, eventually be assigned an appointment, and presumably on arrival someone will check the passport, and stamp (maybe).  This is a vaccination drive.  Think too mut!

Khun wife says Thais hate Sino-quack so we will wait for Moderna...or maybe Fizer...thought that was a new 3 piece suite..or a commode..however mai pen etc..tomorrow another day to argue... going nowhere...Remember Arfur Daily who said something like "she indoor who must be obeyed..."...slaughtered Immigration yesterday so now got a new One year Visa..extension..until November 2022...the system works if you are Thai ..but we all know that...chai..last verre de Chateau neuf..afore bed time..sanuk..

• Confused 1