41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

11 hours ago, Rinrada said:

Khun wife says Thais hate Sino-quack so we will wait for Moderna...or maybe Fizer...thought that was a new 3 piece suite..or a commode..however mai pen etc..tomorrow another day to argue... going nowhere...Remember Arfur Daily who said something like "she indoor who must be obeyed..."...slaughtered Immigration yesterday so now got a new One year Visa..extension..until November 2022...the system works if you are Thai ..but we all know that...chai..last verre de Chateau neuf..afore bed time..sanuk..

The font of all knowledge has seemingly passed judgement on AZ too then. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Siamesecarper said:

Tanee Sangrat just tweeted this update.

Good news. Expatvac registrants in 2 provinces r being notified by MOPH/DDC. Chon Buri: BKK Pattaya Hosp’s to ask 1,871 registrants for vac at Central Beach Pattaya (18-27 Aug.) Chiang Mai: Nakornping Hosp’s asking 785 registrants next wk.  No’s r sml but I hope process started.

It's a start I suppose...

Lets hope the smal numbers indicate the smaller provinces will start soon and its the 10k over 60 s and vulnerable.

10000 nationwide should be a cakewalk.

1711317397_Screenshot2021-08-15at13_41_02.png.c48cab19ca9aabedcb4e24acb6b1854b.png

first jab only….appears they are suckering expats into 1st jab Sinovac with a “promise” of 2nd jab Pfizer…. better than no vax at all…..

canadian friend double jabbed in Hong Kong (China) with Sinovac reports 5x antigens but still not highly effective against Delta but needed for travel to Phuket from China……..

in Phuket all WP Expats were required double jabbed Sinovac, non WP Expats had one jab AZ and expecting 2nd AZ next week…….

Well this doesn't bode well! I have been waiting for something local to avoid a trip to a 'nearby province' which will probably be Bangkok! Very good getting a reply though.

From Tanee Sangrat replying to my question on my province.

"If the number of registrants in a province is limited they may be asked to proceed to a hospital in a nearby province. Kanchanaburi is not one of the top 20 provinces and must have some 200 registrants or less. Hope you get your email/SMS soon."

16 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Well this doesn't bode well! I have been waiting for something local to avoid a trip to a 'nearby province' which will probably be Bangkok! Very good getting a reply though.

From Tanee Sangrat replying to my question on my province.

"If the number of registrants in a province is limited they may be asked to proceed to a hospital in a nearby province. Kanchanaburi is not one of the top 20 provinces and must have some 200 registrants or less. Hope you get your email/SMS soon."

Even in Bangkok and surrounding areas we don't get any appointments.

Yes SOME (really not all) get Medpark, but that's about it so far. Really disappointing what the government did so far for us. It's a registration site with nothing after. Also never heard anything from most of these hospitals https://thailandintervac.com/

Meanwhile the local Pfizer rollout to Thais started, apart from Richard posting today I can say it was well organised with enough space around in Samut Prakan (Bang Plee Hospital).  BUT as always Farang not allowed here ???? which I didn't expect to be but I couldn't resist asking while my family was waiting to get their first jab.

1 minute ago, burner2014 said:

Even in Bangkok and surrounding areas we don't get any appointments.

Yes SOME (really not all) get Medpark, but that's about it so far. Really disappointing what the government did so far for us. It's a registration site with nothing after. Also never heard anything from most of these hospitals https://thailandintervac.com/

Meanwhile the local Pfizer rollout to Thais started, apart from Richard posting today I can say it was well organised with enough space around in Samut Prakan (Bang Plee Hospital).  BUT as always Farang not allowed here ???? which I didn't expect to be but I couldn't resist asking while my family was waiting to get their first jab.

It looks like there may be a percentage done locally as long as you are in one of the "Top 20 provinces".

I assume ranked by number of registrants. I avoided all the prior reg sites in order to avoid a 300km each way trip to Bangkok.

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

It looks like there may be a percentage done locally as long as you are in one of the "Top 20 provinces".

I assume ranked by number of registrants. I avoided all the prior reg sites in order to avoid a 300km each way trip to Bangkok.

To get the Pfizer Jab for my family we woke up at 3am, being there at 4am , jabbing started at 08:30 to 09:00.
Number was 100 ???? from 1300 ... 

Sounds stupid but if you can get a Pfizer jab I would drive 300km or wait 5 hours earlier etc .. just being realistic here. 

Again I just hope they keep their word and give 50-150k Pfizer to us foreigners. But yeah so far I am realistic it is all a hoax ... signup then nothing and I signed up with underlying condition.

Lets see next week, I really hope Joe can donate us another 1 million Pfizer in September, that would help. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

first jab only….appears they are suckering expats into 1st jab Sinovac with a “promise” of 2nd jab Pfizer…. better than no vax at all…..

and you read this where ?

What is the source of this information ?

Due to the latest policy announcement by the ministry of foreign affairs to only provide Pfizer for those 60 years old and above, those with underlying disease(s), and those who are over 12 weeks pregnant. If you are not one of the above criteria, you will get AstraZeneca.

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

I suspect that the only place this is happening is in your imagination .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lack of proper article summary and summary vagueness opens up many deception bs possibilities, one of which I posted as “appears”. not going down through all levels of “ information” . article summary must have all relevant data summarized. that is proper journalism which does exist here….govt. will try to use up the surplus Sinovac before expiry. we know many govt vax promises came to nothing, like 2nd jab AZ in Phuket starting tomorrow yet no SMS……

Being an over 60 resident living just a few km from the Central Festival 6th floor location, I will await my message from MOPH for my Pfizer jab.  But I will still register tomorrow for the BPH program as advertised via Thailandintervac.  It seems silly to have all these programs running but

i guess we can only play the odds and hopefully one of them will pan out??

22 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

one of which I posted as “appears”

appears means you imply to have read this somewhere - as it turns out it seems to have come straight from the depths of your imagination - if you are going to post an opinion about something then make it clear that is what it is - many people including me have posted opinions on this thread making clear that is all they were - you obviously had the intention of winding people up with baiting rubbish - "it appears" 

either support you claims with a valid source or don't make them at all

This is a pretty serious subject when it comes to vaccines - people are wound up enough already  

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:08 PM, Charlie19 said:

Neeranam you miss the point - Internationalism replied on my behalf - but the issue of travel back to the Uk as you flippantly suggest to get it, would not only be costly and restrictive given the complex travel requirements, being given/offered SINOVAC NO I don’t expect better than Thai Citizens- whom I presume would have no intention travelling to the Uk - BUT I DO -  Visaguide. World specifically states SINOVAC is not Valid in the Uk - so I do not want something injecting in my body that is not fit for purpose!

secondly the Thai government should be GIVING me something my HOME Country has donated and VALIDATES , We’re all in this together- so long as the vaccines goi in someone’s Arm we will beat this Virus !

The French only Looked after their own offering J&J, Uk and USA should have done the same !

Exactly. I am heading back to the UK in about 12 weeks. It would have been ideal to be vaccinated with a UK approved vaccine before returning. Hard to achieve that without some Embassy support at present but that's in the too hard basket. I'm still registered and waiting for my appointment, let alone having a vaccine choice thrown in. 

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 11:02 AM, Isaan sailor said:

I seriously doubt they would mix SinoVac with Pfizer as final dose. Nothing in this article mentions SinoVac doses.

It is understood 150,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which was recently donated to Thailand by the United States government will be used to vaccinate expats in Thailand.

Yeah, that´s what they say anyway. Would not surprise me if they change it after. 

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain I just received an appointment via my expatvac registration.

That's the good news. The bad news, it's for someone else.

So I created a new and unique email for expatvac, on 1 Aug. Up until today, it had received two emails only, one from expatvac "you've registered this email..." on 1 Aug, and another from expatvac@ consular.go.th  , "Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful."

So this evening, sent to this address I received an email from MedPark confirming an appointment for this week. The email addressed my name correctly, but in the body of the email, there is another person's name. Not sure if this is some sort of automation-induced error, or just some clerk who's overworked.

There is no way MedPark could have gotten this email other than from expatvac, or a hack thereof.

Yes, I am attempting to get this email to the person to whom it was intended.

• Sad 1

On 8/6/2021 at 4:02 PM, Isaan sailor said:

I seriously doubt they would mix SinoVac with Pfizer as final dose. Nothing in this article mentions SinoVac doses.

It is understood 150,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which was recently donated to Thailand by the United States government will be used to vaccinate expats in Thailand.

Nothing in this article confirms the doses will be Pfizer.
"It is understood" synonymous with "it is assumed"

Nor does the article confirm that 150K doses will be for Expatvac registrants. Lots of wishful thinking going on.

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So this evening, sent to this address I received an email from MedPark confirming an appointment for this week. The email addressed my name correctly, but in the body of the email, there is another person's name. Not sure if this is some sort of automation-induced error, or just some clerk who's overworked.

There is no way MedPark could have gotten this email other than from expatvac, or a hack thereof.

Yes, I am attempting to get this email to the person to whom it was intended.

I successfully registered with the MFA/MoPH website and was told I'd receive an email advising of an appointment date, time and place. After not receiving the promised email from them within a few days, I went ahead and registered with MedPark. MedPark gave me an appointment and today I received the first dose of Pfizer. Still nothing from MFA/MoPH. I think the two are supposed to be coordinating the administration of the Pfizer jabs, but it is unclear how it works. Maybe you have to register both with the MFA/MoPH website and also with one of the hospitals administering the shots. 

When I returned home this afternoon from Med Park, there was an email waiting for me confirming someone else's appointment for Tuesday. I have replied to MedPark that the email was sent to me in error. I am also trying to contact the person whose name appears in the message.

I received an email and a call today from MedPark Hospital for an appointment on August 17th for the Pfizer vaccine. The funny thing is that in the email they addressed me as my first name but then quoted another person as getting the vaccine. I tried calling them back but the phone number that they called on was not available to call back. So I do not know what the heck is going on. I will try to call back tomorrow. I just heard from a friend that he was able to get the Pfizer vaccine from MedPark today. So it looks like the system is working..........somewhat.

6 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

canadian friend double jabbed in Hong Kong (China) with Sinovac reports 5x antigens but still not highly effective against Delta but needed for travel to Phuket from China……..

in Phuket all WP Expats were required double jabbed Sinovac, non WP Expats had one jab AZ and expecting 2nd AZ next week…….

WP Expats ? Whats that? ????

5 hours ago, burner2014 said:

To get the Pfizer Jab for my family we woke up at 3am, being there at 4am , jabbing started at 08:30 to 09:00.
Number was 100 ???? from 1300 ... 

Sounds stupid but if you can get a Pfizer jab I would drive 300km or wait 5 hours earlier etc .. just being realistic here. 

Again I just hope they keep their word and give 50-150k Pfizer to us foreigners. But yeah so far I am realistic it is all a hoax ... signup then nothing and I signed up with underlying condition.

Lets see next week, I really hope Joe can donate us another 1 million Pfizer in September, that would help. 

All your family are foreigners and over 60 ?? ????

Edited by Chris.B

This is the scene at Lotus Siluad in Samut Prakan since before sunrise of people queuing up to get a queue card for the Pfizer vaccine. This is available to people 60+, pregnant women, children 12-18 with underline conditions and obese people (Camera ที่นี่สมุทรปราการ) #Thailand

Replying to
Officials at Lotus Sailuad in Samut Prakan said they will be handing out 4,500 queue cards today. The first people to arrive were there at 3am. They had a temporary queue number written on their arm with a marker. They were later given a queue card. First vaccinations at 8am.

-XaRPeId_bigger.jpg

This woman said she started queuing at Lotus Sailuad at 4:15am. She then got queue number 779 four hours later. Her vaccination appointment at nearby Samut Prakan Hospital is at 11:00am. Most roads in Paknam are clogged this morning and best to avoid.
Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1