41,000 expats in Thailand register for vaccine using Expatvac

Jonathan Fairfield

smedley : I have expanded my  (obvious) “opinion” in plain english, within Forum Rules, yet you still elect to make an extended personal attack (based upon a single word) …….without choosing to address the essence of my (expanded) statement…..something else on your mind perhaps……

typical cheap “ad hominem” practice by easily offended lefty Twitter types…….and that detestable word “baiting”, similarly deployed, popular with the sensitive, insecure, easily outwitted folk…….and as to who might be “wound up” , as if that is under any control ……or of any legit concern.

14 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

smedley : I have expanded my  (obvious) “opinion” in plain english, within Forum Rules, yet you still elect to make an extended personal attack (based upon a single word) …….without choosing to address the essence of my (expanded) statement…..something else on your mind perhaps……

typical cheap “ad hominem” practice by easily offended lefty Twitter types…….and that detestable word “baiting”, similarly deployed, popular with the sensitive, insecure, easily outwitted folk…….and as to who might be “wound up” , as if that is under any control ……or of any legit concern.

that appears to be a pile of nonsense - welcome to my ignore list which is reserved for a privilaged few deemed worthy 

3 hours ago, smedly said:

that appears to be a pile of nonsense - welcome to my ignore list which is reserved for a privilaged few deemed worthy 

Whenever someone catches you out, you call it baiting or trolling. Nothing to do with actual baiting or trolling. And thanks to your insistence on announcing it (a punk move), it's long since it's been a "privileged few".

Edited by placeholder

On 8/13/2021 at 5:50 PM, Neeranam said:

Go home to get it then. 

Do you really think that because you pay tax in the UK, the Thai government should offer you something better than Thai citizens get? 

If people are wanting the vaccine for travel purposes then going home to get it is actually the best option. You’ll be provided with an NHS QR with proof of a genuine vaccine.

UK is now allowing home quarantine so that should reduce the cost by 2 grand. 

Not sure how long it will take for Thailand to come up with a system to show their vaccines are genuine, and then the country you’re travelling to to approve it.

Years I would say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

If people are wanting the vaccine for travel purposes then going home to get it is actually the best option. You’ll be provided with an NHS QR with proof of a genuine vaccine.

Not sure how long it will take for Thailand to come up with a system to show their vaccines are genuine, and then the country you’re travelling to to approve it.

Years I would say.

If you are traveling, you can request a certificate of immunization which I believe will state exactly what you have been immunized with (have to have a ticket first). 

As far as proving what they gave you, the government is the final authority on that. 

If the UK wants to do a serology test to see if you have antibodies in your system from immunization, they can do that on their own.

6 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Has anyone managed to log on the Bangkok Pattaya hospital's registration site which should be open today? I've tried to find it but but can't see it listed?

Supposed to be from  https://www.thailandintervac.com/  isn't it?  But don't bother, don't see BHP there yet either.

Edited by jacko45k

Those of you that communicated with Dr. Tanee, how did you do it? I am not on Twitter. I have an email saying I have successfully registered (despite not figuring out how to include my extension along with my passport) and an assigned number. I live in Chiang Mai province. Thanks

3 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Years I would say.

I would return to the UK in a sec if I knew I could back home to Thailand without quarantine. I have no idea how long that will take. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I would return to the UK in a sec if I knew I could back home to Thailand without quarantine. I have no idea how long that will take. 

Well it might depend of whether I was put into expensive quarantine at the UK end too, and stay there in UK between the 2 vacs... the restrictions getting back into Thailand are on top of that for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Has anyone managed to log on the Bangkok Pattaya hospital's registration site which should be open today? I've tried to find it but but can't see it listed?

The link appreared about 9 am today. I managed to register at 9.15 am. Got an appointment for 7/9/21 straight away

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

Expatvac registrants starting to roll out in the larger provinces.

His reply yeterday to me about my province stated it is likely only the top 20 provinces will issue appointments at local venues, and if you are in a lesser province you may be asked to go too a nearby province. He said it will be left to the doctors.

With less then 200 registrants in my province, why not just send 200 to the main hospital and send out invites - province done in one day, or less, but unfortunately I am, after all this time, likely to be invited to Bangkok, which I have been avoiding ike the plague (pun intended).

Sad to read 3 posts that have wrong recipient data in the emails.

1088725630_Screenshot2021-08-16at07_41_08.png.b512f0b6f8df99ed24d1d858df799457.png

Yay Khon Kaen.... after that they can stop for a while if they want ????

• Like 1

Tired a few times for AZ, AZ

Got to select date.

Select time Not Work.

Did again selected Sino , AZ

worked, but did not book as I want AZ, AZ.

So would appear what ever AZ they had for Sep 7 has gone.

Booked out already.

Will try again another day.

TIT

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Try this link

My choice would not work, probably full already but doesn't stop you wasting your time filling it all in!

I filled in the registration form. Got to 'Selected Date'.-- Sept. 7th FULL. But no alternative dates. I think these people are playing mind games.???? I used my computer. Does registration have to be done by phone or semaphore!

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, islandguy said:

Those of you that communicated with Dr. Tanee, how did you do it? I am not on Twitter. I have an email saying I have successfully registered (despite not figuring out how to include my extension along with my passport) and an assigned number. I live in Chiang Mai province. Thanks

You and 47.000 more, i am beginning to think this is a scam and the consular name was to give it credibility, maybee data base collecting !!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

His reply yeterday to me about my province stated it is likely only the top 20 provinces will issue appointments at local venues, and if you are in a lesser province you may be asked to go too a nearby province. He said it will be left to the doctors.

With less then 200 registrants in my province, why not just send 200 to the main hospital and send out invites - province done in one day, or less, but unfortunately I am, after all this time, likely to be invited to Bangkok, which I have been avoiding ike the plague (pun intended).

1088725630_Screenshot2021-08-16at07_41_08.png.b512f0b6f8df99ed24d1d858df799457.png

Sorry to seem confused, is this in relation to the expat consular registration

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Almer said:

Is this from the Expat. Consular registration

Scroll up half way and someone posted a Tweet from Sangrat Tanee that Chiang Mai & Khon Kaen can expect to be contacted starting next week.  Since he is MoF - it would be a yes.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Scroll up half way and someone posted a Tweet from Sangrat Tanee that Chiang Mai & Khon Kaen can expect to be contacted starting next week.  Since he is MoF - it would be a yes.

Thanks, the senior years cannot keep up with the bull sh!t

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Almer said:

Sorry to seem confused, is this in relation to the expat consular registration

Yes it is - notices going out to kohn kaen and chiang mai registrants (of expatvac) soon

Edited by Saltire

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

BKK Khonkaen Hospital gave appointment date of 21st August on the form when registering. (Time choice radio buttons not working) ...

Hopefully Frm next week means starting today.

Thank you for posting this.

Edited by mahtin
typo

7 minutes ago, mahtin said:

BKK Khonkaen Hospital gave appointment date of 21st August on the form when registering. (Time choice radio buttons not working) ...

Hopefully Frm next week means starting today.

Thank you for posting this.

See this URL. As off tomorrow 17 aug you can pre-register again. https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/Registation-Vaccine2.php

This the beginning URL https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/index_vaccine.php